PDA

View Full Version : Flashing Technomate nano se combo

CU CHULAINN THE BRAVE
25-03-23, 16:43
Hi,

I have bought a nano se combo and it's running openpli 4.2.1

I would like to re-flash it with openvix 6.3 but when I try it gets stuck booting up after I remove the usb and power the box off and on.

Please can someone help me?

Would I need to flash the box with an earlier version of openvix first?

Are earlier version of openvix for the nano se combo available anywhere if this is the case?

Thanks

abu baniaz
25-03-23, 19:51
Build your own Vix image or use another image.

cactikid
25-03-23, 20:00
Why as Image is still listed in images for that box as just checked.

Ahh just rechecked 6.2 images and not 6.3 as had to doublecheck.

CU CHULAINN THE BRAVE
26-03-23, 07:48
Build your own Vix image or use another image.

Thanks for the reply.

I'm sorry to say I wouldn't have any idea how to build my own Vix image.

I would be willing to pay someone who could build me one, is that possible?

CU CHULAINN THE BRAVE
26-03-23, 07:55
Why as Image is still listed in images for that box as just checked.

Ahh just rechecked 6.2 images and not 6.3 as had to doublecheck.

Yeah I would be happy to use the 6.2 Image but as I say the box won't reboot after I try to use it.

Are older versions of Vix available to download anywhere?

Maybe if I installed an older version first and then re-flashed it with the 6.2 Image would that possibly work?

deltec
26-03-23, 10:30
I would buy a new box

cactikid
26-03-23, 11:49
Did you use the correct file to match your box as there are a number of 6.2 files listed , use another one.

Try powering down and off after a few minutes unplug from mains and leave for 15 mins remove any other usb devices and insert your 8gb stick with extracted image on it and follow flashing instructions and wizzard.

Possibly there are other builds like Open Atv you could try

abu baniaz
26-03-23, 14:39
On some boxes, the bootloader only allows flashing by USB upto a certain size. If you "USB flash" an image larger than the allowed size, you will get a problem.

Flash ATV 6.4 by USB, then flash ATV 7.2 using the "flash online" function.

There is no need to buy a new box. The 73625 receivers are fine for most people. If you want, I can upload a 6.3 Vix image for you. But it will not have "feeds".

CU CHULAINN THE BRAVE
26-03-23, 17:15
On some boxes, the bootloader only allows flashing by USB upto a certain size. If you "USB flash" an image larger than the allowed size, you will get a problem.

Flash ATV 6.4 by USB, then flash ATV 7.2 using the "flash online" function.

There is no need to buy a new box. The 73625 receivers are fine for most people. If you want, I can upload a 6.3 Vix image for you. But it will not have "feeds".

If you could up load a 6.3 Vix image for me that would be great. If that doesn't work I'll try the ATV option you mentioned above. Thank you

CU CHULAINN THE BRAVE
26-03-23, 17:18
Did you use the correct file to match your box as there are a number of 6.2 files listed , use another one.

Try powering down and off after a few minutes unplug from mains and leave for 15 mins remove any other usb devices and insert your 8gb stick with extracted image on it and follow flashing instructions and wizzard.

Possibly there are other builds like Open Atv you could try

Yeah I have tried the other Images. If I can't get Vix to work I'll try Atv. Thank you

abu baniaz
27-03-23, 13:50
Here is a link to the image

https://www.mediafire.com/file/wun0gejqtft31ln/openvix-6.3.004.017.homebuild-tmnanosecombo_usb.zip/file

I would recommend you flash it using ofgwrite, i.e from within another image. Going by your post, you are going to try to flash it by USB. If it does not boot, you know why.
OpenATV 6.4 is here

https://images.mynonpublic.com/openatv/6.4/index.php?open=tmnanosecombo

I should be able to upload a 3t combo image later if you want it.

CU CHULAINN THE BRAVE
27-03-23, 19:45
Here is a link to the image

https://www.mediafire.com/file/wun0gejqtft31ln/openvix-6.3.004.017.homebuild-tmnanosecombo_usb.zip/file

I would recommend you flash it using ofgwrite, i.e from within another image. Going by your post, you are going to try to flash it by USB. If it does not boot, you know why.
OpenATV 6.4 is here

https://images.mynonpublic.com/openatv/6.4/index.php?open=tmnanosecombo

I should be able to upload a 3t combo image later if you want it.

Hi, thanks for the reply and the link to the image.

Your are correct. I'll will try to flash it by usb as I don't know how to flash using ofgwrite. I'm not very good at this, sorry

abu baniaz
28-03-23, 02:36
First thing first, get your box booting into an image. Either "USB flash" an old Vix image you may have or download ATV 6.4 and "USB flash" that.

Once you have a working image, transfer your zipped image the locations listed below. Original locations posted below:
(There have been changes to make locations more universal without removing previous ones, but lets start with the old ones first)

OpenPLI
/media/hdd/downloaded_images
/media/usb/downloaded_images
or root of hdd

Team Blue

OpenATV
/media/hdd/images

OpenViX
/media/hdd/imagebackups

The storage device can also be a USB stick

Images use different names for the process. But in essence they are using ofgwrite.
Flash Image, Flash Online, Flash on the fly, Image Manager. Use the method relevant to your active image to flash the image and it should work.

Vix:
Blue > Vix > Image Manager

ATV:
Blue > Flash Local/online image

OpenPLI:
Menu > Setup > Flash Image

If still does not work, unzip/extract image to the USB drive or HDD
Stop Enigma2 by issuing "init 4" command using Putty or similar.
Issue the following command, adjust the path so it points to where your image is.

ofgwrite -r -k /folder_of_unzipped_image

CU CHULAINN THE BRAVE
28-03-23, 17:27
First thing first, get your box booting into an image. Either "USB flash" an old Vix image you may have or download ATV 6.4 and "USB flash" that.

Once you have a working image, transfer your zipped image the locations listed below. Original locations posted below:
(There have been changes to make locations more universal without removing previous ones, but lets start with the old ones first)

OpenPLI
or root of hdd

Team Blue

OpenATV
/media/hdd/images

OpenViX
/media/hdd/imagebackups

The storage device can also be a USB stick

Images use different names for the process. But in essence they are using ofgwrite.
Flash Image, Flash Online, Flash on the fly, Image Manager. Use the method relevant to your active image to flash the image and it should work.

Vix:
Blue > Vix > Image Manager

ATV:
Blue > Flash Local/online image

OpenPLI:
Menu > Setup > Flash Image

If still does not work, unzip/extract image to the USB drive or HDD
Stop Enigma2 by issuing "init 4" command using Putty or similar.
Issue the following command, adjust the path so it points to where your image is.

ofgwrite -r -k /folder_of_unzipped_image

You sir are a gentleman. I now have the box up and running Atv 6.4 thanks to your help.

I'm wondering should I leave it on Atv or switch to Vix. I really like using the Vix image.

Will Vix continue to updated their image for the Technomate nano se combo do you know?

Thanks again for all the help

abu baniaz
28-03-23, 23:36
If you are going to stay on ATV, I would flash 7.2.
Blue > Flash Local/online image > 7.2 current > Select the most recent one > Confirm > Upgrade

There will be no more vix builds for your box. So the choice is yours. I have included a few plugins in that image I uploaded. Try it, if you need plugin server, then you will have to build your own vix image or switch to ATV. Whichever image you decide on, flash using the remote, do not flash by USB.

CU CHULAINN THE BRAVE
29-03-23, 06:56
If you are going to stay on ATV, I would flash 7.2.
Blue > Flash Local/online image > 7.2 current > Select the most recent one > Confirm > Upgrade

There will be no more vix builds for your box. So the choice is yours. I have included a few plugins in that image I uploaded. Try it, if you need plugin server, then you will have to build your own vix image or switch to ATV. Whichever image you decide on, flash using the remote, do not flash by USB.

Thanks again for all the help boss. Wee box going well now...:thumbsup: