PDA

View Full Version : will remote for uno 4kse interfere with a duo2 and vice versa??

bmitie
21-03-23, 10:23
thinking of getting an uno 4kse but i have a duo2 already and was wondering will the remotes conflict or is the new remote different in that it will only work the 4kse??

Trial
21-03-23, 11:28
Hi,
all VUs I know have 4 remote control sets but the default is control set 2. So without changes they will interfere. You have to set one of the boxes and remotes to control set 1, 3 or 4 then they will not interfere anymore.

Ralf

bmitie
21-03-23, 17:25
That is great news but ho do I set the control? And is the pic quality on the unose4k as good as the Duo2?

Trial
22-03-23, 08:43
Hi,
on the box there is a plugin "remote control code" which sets the code and I think also explains how to do it on the remote. The manual will also explain it.

Ralf

bmitie
27-04-23, 09:09
well i got box and so keen flashed openvix 6.3 all very easy but that was the best bit, can't change remote, won't shift from mode 2, don't know how to multiboot, not like axhd61, older than i thought. With the original software i did check for that emote plugin but saw nothing. Was going to use with a duo2 in same room.

I must admit it runs sweet. and remote is awesome.

Trial
27-04-23, 13:09
Hi,
did you install and start plugin RemoteControlCode? If yes read whats on the screen. After you changed the code on the box you must change the code on the remote also and use it to confirm your changes.

Ralf

Huevos
27-04-23, 13:15
Just highlight "Remote Control System Code" and then left/right to change it.

Joe_90
27-04-23, 14:19
Just remember that a subsequent new clean flash of OpenVix will revert to the default remote code of "2", so your altered remote won't work until you set it back to its original setting.