PDA

View Full Version : Newbie questions re Astra1 and Astra2 twin satellite config

AndyDavidson
20-03-23, 15:58
Hi

Apologies for the complete newbie questions here, hopefully someone can help.

I bought a Gigablue UHD Quad 4K UHD with the additional twin satellite tuner.
I have Astra1 and Astra2 satellites, with two cables from each into my living room.

Currently I have just one cable from each satellite connected to tuner A and B.
Tuner A is set to Simple configuation mode, Single mode and 28.2E Astra2E/2F/2G
Tuner B is set to Simple configuation mode, Single mode and 19.2E Ka-band Astra 1KKR/1L/IM/1N

The other cable from each satellite is currently connected to my TV via DisEqC switch, while I set up my Gigablue.

With the above config, when I scan for channels I am not finding any channels on tuner B (Astra1), only channels on tuner A.
So obviously something is not right with my config.
What do I need to change?

Ultimately I want to connect both cables from each satellite to my Gigablue.
Is it best to connect the cables from 1 satellite to tuners A & B, and the other cables to tuners I and J, or connect 1 cable from each satellite to tuner A/B and 1 cable to tuner I/J?

Assuming all the above, what configuration should I use for tuners C to H?

Thanks

Joe_90
20-03-23, 16:01
Tuner B - Ka band??? Should be Ku band.

abu baniaz
20-03-23, 17:12
As per Joe/90's post, you have made the Ka/Ku error. Once you correct that, it will work. The way I remember it is do you like a Ford Ka? You do not have Unicable LNBs. On your FBC tuner card/unit/module, tuners C-H should therefore be left FBC Automatic. This is internal loop-through when required (We have bug that is declared fixed when FBC tuners are used with universal LNBs).

Apart from the extra cabling, it does not matter whether you use the diseqc switches or not. Important thing is tuner configuration must match the hardware. So if wires is direct, simple single, name of of satellite. If via diseqc switch, simple, diseqc a/b, populate ports to match wiring.

AndyDavidson
20-03-23, 17:42
Thanks, that did the trick, my fault for stopping at the first Astra 19.2E setting in the config menu.

AndyDavidson
20-03-23, 17:44
Thanks for the replay and for the clarifications, v helpful.