View Full Version : new samsong 4 k tv

deltec
19-03-23, 08:40
what do i want to be seting tv to in the start up menus on mt vu box

adm
19-03-23, 09:18
what do i want to be seting tv to in the start up menus on mt vu box

Maybe
https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?65930-Newbie-question-initial-setup#3

I have a Xtrend set to 1080i over HDMI (my box is not a 4k box) and it works well with my high end Samsung 4K TV.

On a completely unrelated note. When I set-up my Samsung TV a few tick boxes appeared where you have to agree to Samsung terms and conditions and as we all seem to do I ticked the box(s).
What ticking these boxes does is to give Samsung consent to share your viewing information with a list of many hundreds of third party companies. It also gives them consent to target advertising at you via the TV.
The list of all these companies can be found somewhere "hidden" in one of the menu systems. Having found the list I found that I could only disable consent for one company at a time - a process that would have taken very many hours if wanting to select them all. However, in the setting menu, and on my model of TV, under the heading "Term and Privacy" there are two misleading options labelled:-
"I consent to Viewing information Services on this Device" and "I consent to Interest Based Advertisements"
Under both these menu options you will find a tick box to turn off your consent and to remove your viewing information being shared with the rest of the world.

deltec
19-03-23, 15:25
In the menus how do u change the setting for ur Tv

cactikid
19-03-23, 16:14
I would say go into tv settings and picture settings and if you have a box or source for 4K change to 2160.

deltec
19-03-23, 16:39
I wanted to no about my box settings how to get in to them in the image menu

adm
19-03-23, 18:38
I wanted to no about my box settings how to get in to them in the image menu

First the TV - turn off overscan. If you new Samsung has the same/similar settings menu items as my fairly recently purchased Samsung 4k TV

Settings/Picture/Picture Size Settings/
Picture size = custom
Auto wide should be disabled (greyed out)
4:3 screen size should be disabled (greyed out)
Fit to screen = On

On your box try
menu/setup/audio and video/settings
Video output = hdmi
Automatic Resolution = Off
Mode = 1080i
Refresh rate = 50Hz
Display 4:3 content as = Just scale
Display >16:9 content as = just scale.

These settings means that your TV will be up-scaling broadcast HD to your TV screen 4K resolution.

deltec
19-03-23, 19:03
What mode do u have u Tv set to dynamic standard natural movie or movie mode and brightness

adm
19-03-23, 19:50
What mode do u have u Tv set to dynamic standard natural movie or movie mode and brightness

This is down to personal preference

Picture mode = movie
Brightness = 20
Contrast = 24
Sharpness = 0
Colour = 25
But your TV may be completely different to mine, I have a neo QLED (LCD) TV with localised dimming of the backlight

Brightness of the set depends on your normal viewing conditions - for instance do you watch most TV in a room lit with daylight or perhaps with curtains drawn in a dimmed lighting environment.
Some of the reviews of my set suggest it may be brighter than a OLED TV, especially when viewing in daylight conditions.

Some of the other settings are best adjusted viewing a decent HD broadcast but not something from a studio. Perhaps something on the BBC like countryfile where you can judge the colour of peoples skin at not set the colour/tint to give everyone a fake orange tan.