PDA

View Full Version : [Mut@nt] HD51 Softcam Manager max softcam name length

aido
15-03-23, 13:10
Hi,

I've been having stability issues with my HD51 locking up and wrongly assumed it was the PSU now I've done a bit of digging it could be my own stupidity :)

It seems it's firing up loads of oscam instances.

I noticed with the version I was using I'd been renaming them so I could keep track of what works, what doesn't etc, and my softcam was 16 chars in length.

It was autostarting ok, but I was ending up with hundreds of instances (I think it launches a new one every 6 mins if it thinks it's locked up?) and eventually it was bringing the box down with lack of resources.

In the GUI I noticed the active softcam name was truncated to 15 chars (oscam-v9-workin) which is the same as I see when running top.

IE the name I was using was oscam-v9-working and in Softcam Manager it shows oscam-v9-workin

When running ps -auxf I see the fullname and many instances of it similar to the following (but many more):

I've gone back to stock oscam-latest for now and so far it's behaving again.

I've now renamed the other softcam binary from oscam-v9-working to oscam-v9-works and so far just the one instance (although it's only been up for 25 mins to I need to leave it a few days now).

It may be I've triggered a bug there with having softcam with a name having a length of 16 chars or more?

aido
16-03-23, 09:52
That's been much better overnight, still just to one process running :thumbsup: