PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo4K] Blank screens

sandiego69
15-03-23, 12:01
I have a strange problem with blank screens.

1. Changing from one satellite to another goives me blank screens.
2. After a few seconds, message about 'no sid in pat', or words to that effect.
3. Channels are there because a reboot will then show all channels.
3. This seems to happen more times when a recording is being made on the satellite I am switching to.
4. I am using Skin Ten Eighty. Tried other skins, no difference.

Log attached.

sandiego69
20-03-23, 09:29
Has nobody (experts?) any ideas on this one?

Sicilian
20-03-23, 09:36
This point is giving a clue to your issue:

3. This seems to happen more times when a recording is being made on the satellite I am switching to.

If you are switching to that satellite and theres a recording going on and the LNB is a Single output, unless you are switching to a channel on the same transponder you will get a black screen as the LNB will be locked to that transponder due to the recording.

sandiego69
20-03-23, 12:05
When switching to 28.0 this when I get mostly the blank screens. This has never happened before as the LNB is an Inverto FBC. When going back to 13.0 I also get most channels as blank. I have had no trouble with the Ultimo I had but since 'upgrading' to the Duo 4k this is when the problems arose. It has been suggested by the dealar (WOS)
that it could be the LNB's are failing. Both at once?

twol
20-03-23, 13:12
When switching to 28.0 this when I get mostly the blank screens. This has never happened before as the LNB is an Inverto FBC. When going back to 13.0 I also get most channels as blank. I have had no trouble with the Ultimo I had but since 'upgrading' to the Duo 4k this is when the problems arose. It has been suggested by the dealar (WOS)
are you running with a fixed dish or some motor setup??

cactikid
20-03-23, 14:13
Wondering with all the movement of channels on 28.2 might your channels need updating ?

Sicilian
20-03-23, 17:24

What exactly are all your tuner settings? Also which exact Inverto LNB do you have?

sandiego69
21-03-23, 09:42
are you running with a fixed dish or some motor setup??

Fixed dish feeding 28.0 is an Inverto 52780 monocavo II Quattro LNB, a few months old.

Motorised dish NOT including 28.0 is an Inverto IDLB-TWNL40-ULTRA-OPP Twin LNB 40mm 0,2dB Black Ultra, about three years old.

I must stress that my setup has worked perfectly with a Ultimo 4k but with this new Duo 4k SE the problems started.

Is the problem, as suggested by the WOS dealer, a failing LNB?

sandiego69
21-03-23, 10:22
The tuner setup is, and always has been as the post by 'shortheath', Unicable II, Inverto IDLU-32UL40-UNB00-0PP, FBC tuners

Sicilian
21-03-23, 10:33
Fixed dish feeding 28.0 is an Inverto 52780 monocavo II Quattro LNB, a few months old.

Motorised dish NOT including 28.0 is an Inverto IDLB-TWNL40-ULTRA-OPP Twin LNB 40mm 0,2dB Black Ultra, about three years old.

I must stress that my setup has worked perfectly with a Ultimo 4k but with this new Duo 4k SE the problems started.

Is the problem, as suggested by the WOS dealer, a failing LNB?

You are saying the Quattro LNB is feeding the receiver directly?

sandiego69
21-03-23, 11:17
Sorry to confuse. The fixed LNB is in fact an Inverto IDLU-32UL40-UNBOO-OPP

Joe_90
21-03-23, 11:56
Just for clarification - When you say Quattro LNB, do you mean Quattro or Quad? A quattro LNB has four separate outputs (Vertical High, Vertical Low, Horizontal High, Horizontal Low) which would typically feed a multiswitch to distribute signals to multiple receivers.

sandiego69
21-03-23, 11:58
This FBC LNB is a single output..............Inverto IDLU-32UL40-UNBOO-OPP

Sicilian
21-03-23, 13:18
Please post screenshots of each of your tuner settings, you can grab screenshot from the webinterface. Open a browser and enter the box IP.

Joe_90
21-03-23, 14:13
This FBC LNB is a single output..............Inverto IDLU-32UL40-UNBOO-OPP

On the fixed dish pointing at 28.2 - right?
How is the motorised dish connected and what LNB is it using. Diagrams of your cabling setup would be helpful in matching the screen shots of your tuner settings as requested by @Sicilian

sandiego69
21-03-23, 15:17
Here are screen shots of Tuner settings.6503965040

sandiego69
21-03-23, 16:10
Diagram as requested.65041

Sicilian
21-03-23, 16:38
Here are screen shots of Tuner settings.6503965040

I'd like to EACH individual tuner setting. Screenshot from each tuner.

Sicilian
21-03-23, 16:42
Diagram as requested.65041

So you have a FIXED dish with Single Unicable feed connected to the TOP input of Tuner Module A? LNB = Inverto IDLU-32UL40-UNBOO-OPP?

Tuner Module B is not clear, do you have TWO dishes connected to this or only 1 motorised dish? LNB = Inverto IDLB-TWNL40-ULTRA-OPP Twin LNB 40mm 0,2dB Black Ultra?

Please clarify.

sandiego69
21-03-23, 17:35
So you have a FIXED dish with Single Unicable feed connected to the TOP input of Tuner Module A? LNB = Inverto IDLU-32UL40-UNBOO-OPP?

Tuner Module B is not clear, do you have TWO dishes connected to this or only 1 motorised dish? LNB = Inverto IDLB-TWNL40-ULTRA-OPP Twin LNB 40mm 0,2dB Black Ultra?

Please clarify.

Tuner A from fixed dish as you say.

One motorised dish with twin outputs, one feed to Tuner B and the other to a Fransat box.

The only limitation is I can only record one channel at a time when using the motor. In other words I have to choose which satellite I want to record from. The limitation does not apply to the FBC Tuner on 28.0 where I can record many different channels.

Sicilian
21-03-23, 17:52
Tuner A from fixed dish as you say.

One motorised dish with twin outputs, one feed to Tuner B and the other to a Fransat box.

The only limitation is I can only record one channel at a time when using the motor. In other words I have to choose which satellite I want to record from. The limitation does not apply to the FBC Tuner on 28.0 where I can record many different channels.

So the second cable from the Motorised LNB is connect to a independant Fransat receiver? If so Tuner J settings are completely wrong. Should be left to FBC automatic.

I'd still like to see a screenshot from each tuner setting.

sandiego69
21-03-23, 18:36
So the second cable from the Motorised LNB is connect to a independant Fransat receiver? If so Tuner J settings are completely wrong. Should be left to FBC automatic.

I'd still like to see a screenshot from each tuner setting.

Will send tomorrow. Do you want all of Tuner A and Tuner B?

Now I am a lttle confused. The setup from motor dish is exactly as you say however the LNB is a twin Universal not FBC.

Sicilian
21-03-23, 19:04
Will send tomorrow. Do you want all of Tuner A and Tuner B?

Now I am a lttle confused. The setup from motor dish is exactly as you say however the LNB is a twin Universal not FBC.

All tuner settings please. Tuner J is 100% wrong if the second cable from motorsised LNB is not connected to the tuner module.

sandiego69
22-03-23, 15:45
I am not posting Tuner A as this fixed LNB to 28.0 is working perfectly.

Tuner I and J are shown in attachments.
K to P all show FBC Automatic and Inactive.6504565046

Sicilian
22-03-23, 16:13
Sorry can't help unless you post all your tuner settings. Also i've already advised you that you must NOT have 'second cable from motorsised LNB' as it's not connected to the tuner module.

Post all your tuner settings otherwise its pointless this thread going any further.

abu baniaz
22-03-23, 16:29
FBC refers to Tuners on box not the LNB on dish. The one you have on 28.2 is a Unicable LNB. No matter, as that is not the problem. You are also referring to the tuner slots, not actual tuners.

Can you please clarify following:
The wire from motor, which receiver does it go to? Which card? Which socket (top or bottom) ?

The wire that is on motorised dish, but direct from LNB, which receiver does it go to, which tuner module, top or bottom socket?

If you have the motor cable hooked to your tuner I, and there is no wire hooked up to Tuner J, as mentioned twice, your tuner J is configured incorrectly. If there is no wire to it, set it as not configured for now.

sandiego69
27-03-23, 08:35
Ping Abu

You have confirmed my configuration. I accept that Tuner J settings were incorrect and have altered that to read 'not configured'. I have maintained all along that the setup has worked perfectly for some years. Sicilian kept asking about tuner settings when I knew there was a hardware fault.

I have changed the motorised tuner to a new dual universal LNB and that has cured the problem of 'blank screens'.

Thank you.

abu baniaz
27-03-23, 09:30
Glad you are sorted. When more than one issue is involved, it is always easier to solve the software issue first. I am pretty sure once you had confirmed that the software/config error was corrected, Sicilian would have gone on to the next step in in diagnosis. He is far more experienced than me. As with many reception issues, it is usually a process of elimination.

I would add that just because something works, it does not mean it is correct. Number of posts on another forum where people use "equal to" when they only have one signal wire on a multi tuner receiver is too frequent. But they are adamant it works and correct.