PDA

View Full Version : Ultimo tuner

deltec
13-03-23, 20:23
The tuner that came with my ultimo I have my motorised dish to tuner A can I put a fixed dish to Tuner B is this possible for me to do

abu baniaz
13-03-23, 20:27
Yes you can.

Can you please post a screenshot (or clear picture) of this screen on your receiver.
Menu > Information > Devices

deltec
13-03-23, 20:57
How do I do this a pic could explain thanks car123

abu baniaz
13-03-23, 22:16
How do I do this a pic could explain thanks car123
If you don't know how to take a picture, don't worry about it.

cactikid
13-03-23, 23:07
If you have a pc or laptop enter the box Ip into browser and it opens up OpenWebif which is your Vu box.
On the page that says remote 2 icons on right top to expand / shrink controls.

When on the relevant page you can save a picture by right clicking mouse
And to show it on a post click on the icon Insert Image , choose it from the item you saved a minute ago and insert it .
It should now show a picture on your post.

deltec
14-03-23, 06:42
my pic of tuner A

deltec
14-03-23, 07:17
65013 pic can i add a fixed dish to tuner b got the pic sorted what do u want pic of whitch tuner

deltec
14-03-23, 07:29
65014 tuner a abd b etc

deltec
14-03-23, 07:35
65015 tuner a and b etc

abu baniaz
14-03-23, 16:47
1. Can you please be more careful with what you upload. I have once again removed your medical assessment.

With the Vu+ receivers with PNP tuners, the most frequent issue is that people confuse the tuner letters. On one of your screenshots, you have told the box that you have two motorised dishes. This is obviously wrong. Please look at the attached picture first then answer the following questions.

2. For your motorised dish, which tuner (based on the attached picture) is the wire hooked up to?
3. Your fixed dish, which satellite is it pointed to?
4. For you your fixed dish, which tuner (based on the attached picture) is the wire hooked up to?

deltec
14-03-23, 17:09
My fixed is pointed at 28 east My motorised dish is connected to tuner A thanks deltec

abu baniaz
14-03-23, 17:16
My fixed is pointed at 28 east My motorised dish is connected to tuner A thanks deltec
You have answered questions 2/3. Please answer question 4.

4. For you your fixed dish, which tuner (based on the attached picture) is the wire hooked up to?

deltec
14-03-23, 17:30
I j tuners

abu baniaz
14-03-23, 17:38
I j tuners
Just to clarify, your 28.2 fixed dish has two wires to this receiver. Those wires are both connected to tuners I and J? Is that correct?

Note:
I do wish you could or get a friend or family member to take a picture of the back of the box showing where the wires are connected/hooked up to.

deltec
14-03-23, 17:43
yes that is right 65017

deltec
14-03-23, 17:45
so i can conect a fix dish to tuner b is this right

abu baniaz
14-03-23, 17:54
I asked about wires, you posted pictures of tuner configuration. This is not helpful.

You can connect the wires to whichever tuner you want, but you must configure your receiver to match what you have.

deltec
14-03-23, 17:59
65018 is that better for u thanks deltec

deltec
14-03-23, 18:00
So I just put a fixed dish to cable b is that right or by the way what tuner can I use for the middle lnb we’re it is empty thanks

abu baniaz
14-03-23, 18:28
You do not need another tuner card in slot B. You would be better off changing the LNB on 28.2 to unicable.

Anyway, for your current physical setup, tuners I and J should be set as simple, single, 28.2.

Tuner A, set as Motorised.
Tuner B, for sake of simplicity, leave it as disabled /not configured.

deltec
14-03-23, 18:40
So if I wanted to record from motorised dish u tuner b and a twin LMB on my motorised dish if I want to put an other dish up u the middle tuner is that right

Could u explain unigable lmb on 28 east

abu baniaz
14-03-23, 18:59
5. Are you willing to change which tuners you have your LNB /wires connected/attached /hooked up.
6. Do you still have the twin LNB on your motorised dish?

Provided you configure your tuners to match what is attached to the box, your recordings will work OK. You do not tell box what tuner to use, it uses what it has. You can set preferred tuners though.

deltec
14-03-23, 19:05
Yes I have a twin lmb on my motorised dish and a twin lmb on my sky dish for recording all I need is one more dish and a twin tuner and a twin lmb and I’ll have every thing I want

abu baniaz
14-03-23, 19:26
7. Where is the wire from the second LNB of the motorised LNB? Are you able to attach/hook this up to your Ultimo?

Please answer question 5. I am numbering the questions so you do not miss them.

Unless we know what satellites/programs you want to record, we cannot advise definitively. Might be better to use a Terrestrial tuner, might not be. Can we leave that aside for now and get the hardware you have now working correctly?

deltec
14-03-23, 19:37
I need a wire fixing from lmb to ultimo then I’m away up and running

deltec
14-03-23, 19:49
What is the best way to use an other dish to buy a tuner to fit to the ultimo then the dish and lmb

abu baniaz
14-03-23, 19:55
There is some information on Unicable here:
https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?59981-Guide-to-using-Unicable

As you are refusing to answer question 5, I think the thread has run its course.

For now: I would hook up the wiring as follows:
Wire from 28.2 universal LNB to tuner A
Wire from 28.2 universal LNB to tuner B
Wire from motorised dish to Tuner I

Then change tuner configuration to match the changes. For tuner configuration to be correct, it must match the hardware attached to the tuners.

You do not need another tuner. You can just change the LNB to unicable and use the FBC tuner to its full capability. You could also use Terrestrial. If I remember correctly, you still have your non-4k Ultimo with the tuners.

deltec
14-03-23, 20:16
Question 5 I don’t need to change my lnb it’s a twin lnb and it’s on my motorised dish all I need a some more coax wire to conect from the twin lnb to the vu ultimo tuner b then I’m away

deltec
14-03-23, 20:21
When I’ve Fited the wire from the twin lnb to the ultimo tuner what do I set it to in the menus

abu baniaz
14-03-23, 20:24
You are not answering the question that I asked. You won't get the most out of your receiver until you get a Unicable LNB.

If I had an Ultimo 4K, fixed dish and 28.2 dish, I would have following.

Twin Terrestrial tuner in slot C.
With only one FBC card, I would connect motorised dish to one physical connection. I would then connect a Unicable LNB to the other physical connection. I can then configure upto 7 tuners for 28.2.

abu baniaz
14-03-23, 20:25
When I’ve Fited the wire from the twin lnb to the ultimo tuner what do I set it to in the menus
2nd cable of motorised LNB.

deltec
14-03-23, 20:33
Why do I need a unicable lnb. When a normal lnb works etc uv lost me I’ve 1twin lnb from 28 dish to ultimo for watching and recording then I’ve got a twin lnb from motorised dish for watching and recording then all I need is one more dish

deltec
14-03-23, 20:47
What difference is a unicable going to make to my set up could u explain I can watch and record

abu baniaz
14-03-23, 21:25
I have already answered the question as to what difference a Unicable LNB will make. I even posted a link to one of the guides. If it isn't clear, please say what you understand and where it stops making sense.

I also suggested that you move the wires at the back of your receiver around so that you make the most of your equipment. Other than moving cables around and then changing tuner configuration to match, there is not much involved.

deltec
15-03-23, 05:00
So u saying I’ll be better of with a unicable lnb than a twin lmb can u record using a unicable lmb with just one wire connected to the resever I thought u had to have 2 wires connected so u can watch the same satllite and record off it on another Chanel is that right what difrence dose a unicable lnb make

deltec
15-03-23, 05:31
How do I set up my motorised dish using a unicable lnb or just u use a double lnb for recording etc what do u mean move my wires around to make the most of my box A&B tuner connected to my motorised dis for watching Tv programs and recording off the same satllite what’s rong with the set up as for 28 east the set up is twin lnb for watching Tv and recording from the same satllite

deltec
15-03-23, 07:30
My motorised dish is set up to tuner A how do I set tuner B up to record do I just set up equal to tuner B is that right

abu baniaz
15-03-23, 08:45
Sorry, I am not going to spend my time repeating myself with you. Please do the following for now:

Move the wire from motorised dish to Tuner I.
Move the two 28.2 wires to tuners A&B.

Set your tuners to match the changed setup.
A = simple, single, 28.2
B = Simple, single, 28.2
I = Motorised
J = internal loop through to I

deltec
15-03-23, 14:05
Why do I have to move them is there a reason for this could explain please regards deltec thank u very much again

deltec
15-03-23, 16:07
I and J Tuners are in the middle not the end tuner I’ve no tuner in the middle

abu baniaz
15-03-23, 17:11
I am trying to help you get the most of your equipment.

FBC tuner units/modules have 8 demodulators/tuners. Two have connectors/sockets for signal wires, 6 do not. When used with universal lnbs or left in fbc automatic, the demodulators/tuners without the connectors/sockets work as internal loop through. If you loop through to the motorised LNB, you are looping to one LNB port only. If you move the two 28.2 wires to the FBC tuner module, the six socket-less tuners can internal loop to 2 lnb ports instead of one. As you are in England, I am presuming that most of your viewing is on 28.2.

Based on your picture, that you uploaded:
You have an FBC tuner in tuner slot A at far right of picture. Those are tuners A-H.
Your picture shows an empty tuner slot B.
You have a twin legacy tuner module in tuner slot C on far left. Those are tuners I&J.

deltec
15-03-23, 18:23
65024 is this right all I need now is to conect the wire to lnb then the vu ultimo oil get the local satllite fiter to do it what would do with the middle tuner conect to a fixed dish that I can’t get with the motorised dish thanks again

abu baniaz
15-03-23, 18:26
is this right

Thank you, that is brilliant. Can you now please configure your tuners to match the wiring.

A = simple, single, 28.2
B = Simple, single, 28.2
I = Motorised

Once you have done that, do not change the configuration unless you move wires.

deltec
15-03-23, 18:47
If done all that all I need a a fbc tuner do u no we’re I could buy one from it do u no any one who is selling one

abu baniaz
15-03-23, 18:51
You have 7 unused tuners on your receiver. Why do you think you need another FBC tuner? Which channels are you trying to record. Please also say that satellite name.

abu baniaz
15-03-23, 18:55
What happened to your Inverto Unicable LNB?
https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?59851-motorises-dish-invetro-unicable-lnb

deltec
15-03-23, 18:57
30 west it’s blocked tree in the way I’m goingto put dish on my chimney a small one to get 30 west satllite mate bought it off me I’ll have to get a new one or buy a second hand one what is the smallest I could u is it 60 cm

abu baniaz
15-03-23, 19:01
30 west it’s blocked tree in the way I’m goingto put dish on my chimney a small one to get 30 west satllite mate bought it off me I’ll have to get a new one or buy a second hand one

I would like to repeat again, that Unicable is not designed for motorised dishes.

Once again, which channels are you trying to record and on what satellite?

Eg
BBC 1 on 28.2
Das Erst HD on 19.2

deltec
15-03-23, 19:03
I’m after getting 30 west satllite

abu baniaz
15-03-23, 19:09
I’m after getting 30 west satllite
If there is a tree blocking your view, how will getting an extra tuner solve the problem? You have a free connection on the legacy card on the left. Surely if you got another dish for 30w to avoid the tree, you can connect that cable to the unused connection.

An FBC tuner is about £92. You are playing hard to get with the information you are providing. Put your requirements on the table so people can advise you better.

deltec
15-03-23, 19:12
I might have a look on eBay do u no any one who has one will a normal satllite vu tuner fit

Joe_90
15-03-23, 19:13
@abu - I think what @deltec means is that he sold the unicable LNB to a mate of his. He is trying to get a signal from 30W, but his motorised setup won't get it due to trees blocking the signal. So, his latest plan is to install a small fixed dish to get 30W. However, he plans to put it on the chimney to get past the tree blocking issue. I have two comments on this:

1. Attaching a dish to a chimney is not a great idea - can bring down the chimney due to wind loading (dish size dependent etc.)
2. Most of 30W is encrypted, so will need subscription card/CAM etc.

deltec
15-03-23, 19:22
What is the smallest dish side will. Need to get reception from 30 west satllite

abu baniaz
15-03-23, 19:23
Thanks joe. I deciphered that much. It still does not answer why he needs another tuner when he has unused connections/tuners on the current setup.

Knowing the channels that he watches/records regularly and the satellites they are on will be crucial to getting right solution. Not my money!

deltec
15-03-23, 19:27
If u no of any tuners let me no please thanks

abu baniaz
15-03-23, 19:39
I don't think you need another tuner. As you have asked, you can buy one from here:
https://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/vu-plus-dvb-s2x-fbc-tuner-module

Good luck.

deltec
31-12-23, 12:39
Set your tuners to match the changed setup. so i put the second lnb to j then i can use it for recording things is this right thank u again the tree has gone now that cost me local council bancrupt
A = simple, single, 28.2
B = Simple, single, 28.2
I = Motorised

abu baniaz
20-01-24, 11:45
Set your tuners to match the changed setup. so i put the second lnb to j then i can use it for recording things is this right thank u again the tree has gone now that cost me local council bancrupt
A = simple, single, 28.2
B = Simple, single, 28.2
I = Motorised

How many dishes do you now have? How many wires from each dish go to the Ultimo 4K. Can you draw a diagram of the dish/es wiring and upload it please? As well as a screenshot of Menu > Information > Devices
Edit: You were enquiring about getting a new tuner card. So let us double check what you have now.

deltec
20-01-24, 19:12
no i got a new motorised dish and polor mount the thing is i cant use it with the vix image i have to use it as a stand a lone posi

abu baniaz
20-01-24, 20:20
If you want help, please answer the question:
How many dishes do you have?

Reason for asking is that the picture of the dish on the other forum appears to only have two wires