PDA

View Full Version : Multiboot Selector

Chris2384
08-03-23, 14:17
On Octagon sf8008, have installed OpenVix-6.3.003 in Flash Slot 3. Tried to boot to another installed Image via Multiboot Selector. This caused an instant crash as per attached file. I have other Images installed in Flash and also in Multiboot and have no problem with Multiboot Selector. Any ideas please?

twol
08-03-23, 15:02
On Octagon sf8008, have installed OpenVix-6.3.003 in Flash Slot 3. Tried to boot to another installed Image via Multiboot Selector. This caused an instant crash as per attached file. I have other Images installed in Flash and also in Multiboot and have no problem with Multiboot Selector. Any ideas please?
Which images do you have loaded??
If so can you use putty and filezilla and copy attachment to /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Tools with filezilla. I would use putty first to stop the image (init 4 space between t & 4) and then restart after the copy (init 3 space between t and 3)

Chris2384
08-03-23, 18:37
In Flash Slot 1, I have Openeight_6.8_emmc and other images on a micro sdcard. Tried this but got another crash as per attached.

Chris2384
08-03-23, 18:53
Update:- I looked at the crash log and on lines 269 and 274 there is reference to the sdcard. So I decided to remove it and restart GUI. The Multiboot Selector worked straight away, obviously only showing the 4 Flash Slots. Then I re-inserted the sdcard and again the Multiboot Selector failed.

twol
08-03-23, 19:12
Update:- I looked at the crash log and on lines 269 and 274 there is reference to the sdcard. So I decided to remove it and restart GUI. The Multiboot Selector worked straight away, obviously only showing the 4 Flash Slots. Then I re-inserted the sdcard and again the Multiboot Selector failed.
hopefully this attachment will fix .....not sure why OpenEight does this ... should be fine with BoxInfo
Assuming this works like to know what you see in the MultiBootSelector for these images

Chris2384
08-03-23, 19:18
This time SPOT ON......thank you very much for your help.