PDA

View Full Version : [Mut@nt HD2400] How to change subtitle font size?

quartermain
04-03-23, 18:01
My wife is getting hard of hearing and seeing so I want to make the subtitles bigger.

I went into Setup->User Interface->Subtitles and changed the size from 40 to 80.

But nothing happened. I tried a restart to no avail.

Is there something obvious I'm missing?

bmitie
05-03-23, 17:17
Did you press green to save the new setting? And that image is as old as methusaleh but if it works stick with it.

quartermain
06-03-23, 14:31
I did press green, yes. I just tried setting it to 100 and pressing green - no difference.

I know the image is old but the fallout from anything going wrong during an update would be horrendous.....

Orlandox
06-03-23, 14:46
You can adjust the font size for the TXT-subtitle only --> Subtitles. If TXT subtitle is available then select that. Font size for DVB-subtitle can not be adjusted. Also you need to unselect 'Prefer graphical DVB subtitles' --> Automatic Language.

Font size = 80

ronand
06-03-23, 14:49
On the latest image you can change subtitle size on teletext subtitles but it does not have any affect on DVB subtitles. You are not going to get much assistance on such an old image

quartermain
07-03-23, 16:45
Probably off topic for this section but the box died overnight. Must have heard me threatening an upgrade. The power supply is OK but nothing lights up and I can't find a fuse on the board.

What I would like is an OpenVIX box with three or more terrestrial tuners. Doesn't need to be 4K.

I would consider satellite if there was no alternative - currently we have no dish.