PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Uno4KSE] Vu+ Uno4K SE Rebooting repeatedly

spevs
28-02-23, 12:10
Hi all, having upgraded to 6.3.002 successfully several weeks ago my box has been brilliant, however, over the last few days it seems to get into a cycle of rebooting itself approximately every two mins. When it is doing this there seems nothing I can do to stop it other than to disconnect the power and after a while being off it will boot up and function normally until the next time it gets in to the rebooting loop. There is one exception to this, in that if I go to Image Manager and active an on line download immediately the box comes back up from a restart, whilst this is running I get a message saying do you really want to reboot as there is a background task in operation, do you want to restart yes/no, if I select no the rebooting loop appears to stop. Initially, I thought the problem may be down to an intermittent hardware issue, but I'm not so sure now I get the yes/no restart message. Any help and suggestions will be appreciated...........Spevs

twol
28-02-23, 13:59
Hi all, having upgraded to 6.3.002 successfully several weeks ago my box has been brilliant, however, over the last few days it seems to get into a cycle of rebooting itself approximately every two mins. When it is doing this there seems nothing I can do to stop it other than to disconnect the power and after a while being off it will boot up and function normally until the next time it gets in to the rebooting loop. There is one exception to this, in that if I go to Image Manager and active an on line download immediately the box comes back up from a restart, whilst this is running I get a message saying do you really want to reboot as there is a background task in operation, do you want to restart yes/no, if I select no the rebooting loop appears to stop. Initially, I thought the problem may be down to an intermittent hardware issue, but I'm not so sure now I get the yes/no restart message. Any help and suggestions will be appreciated...........Spevs

debug or/and crash logs ..... otherwise could be anything

spevs
28-02-23, 16:10
Hi Twol, further investigation has revealed that following a change to the system that requires a restart, my box upon restarting is getting stuck in this reboot cycle, even if I put the box into standby it will come back on and resume the cycle of rebooting. I have timed the cycle and the box is restarting every 55 to 60 seconds. Below is a screen shot of how I can stop it:-

I can't see any error logs, my suspicion is that for whatever reason the need to restart following a change is not getting cleared and this is why the box is entering the continuous cycle of rebooting.

twol
28-02-23, 16:22
If you haven,t enabled debug logs then unless its crashing there will not be a log….if you have then depends where you have the log file… flash or hdd.
Unless you can supply more info, you probably,have no option but to reflash the box

spevs
28-02-23, 16:30
Ok, debug logs wasn't enabled as I have only just reflashed the image in an attempt to resolve this issue, I'll see if I can recreate the problem and then get some logs........:thumbsup:

spevs
28-02-23, 16:48
Some logs

I hope this helps.........Spevs

twol
28-02-23, 17:29
So you are running Vu Multiboot? If so how did you setup vu multiboot. (Script? Or ?)
Vu multiboot has changed so much in last few weeks, it is better to get latest image and reflash.

I can see why its crashing but need to understand how you reached this point and whats changed to suddenly cause this issue

spevs
28-02-23, 17:49
Hi Twol, if you say I am running Vu Multiboot I won't disagree with you but I haven't set it up to the best of my knowledge. I have only used VIX images on all my boxes and the image on the box is a restored imageback up I took a few weeks ago.........Spevs

twol
28-02-23, 19:16
Hi Twol, if you say I am running Vu Multiboot I won't disagree with you but I haven't set it up to the best of my knowledge. I have only used VIX images on all my boxes and the image on the box is a restored imageback up I took a few weeks ago.........Spevs

Me jumping to conclusions…. I obviously picked up wrong log!
Anyway, its your XE package doing an update(to get latest version), then looks like it forces a restart …and then promplty tries another update check …….etc etc
so if you can get into plugins and remove (and then I assume re install) or telnet into the box and delete from /usr/lib/enigma2/python/plugins/extensions

spevs
28-02-23, 19:24
Ok, I can do that but why do you think I'm not having the same issue on my other two boxes which are also running xe 3.2.4 and are on VIX 6.3.2....?

twol
28-02-23, 20:00
Ok, I can do that but why do you think I'm not having the same issue on my other two boxes which are also running xe 3.2.4 and are on VIX 6.3.2....?

No idea … it actually says on latest version, then you see everything shutting down……. And on restart its back again.
You might ask them why it does this update check, when its on latest and checked 10 minutes before
Have to say spent too much time in past on this plugin….. not the worlds best, and probably have commented before .there are other IPTV plugins.

spevs
28-02-23, 20:41
Funny you say that, I've been thinking that XE has caused a lot of issues for me over the past 12 months, I'm a bit restricted as my guy only does XE and jedimaker. Would you think i'd get on better with that and if so where can I get info on installation and set up.....👍

cactikid
28-02-23, 21:11
Might i ask if by reflashing box and setting up from fresh install and not using a backup that might be buggy?

spevs
28-02-23, 21:30
Well, thanks to Twol I've managed to stop the box rebooting, however my iptv guy isn't keeping up with XE and in light of the trouble I've had withXE since python 3 came along I think jedimaker might be the best way forward.

dsayers
28-02-23, 21:43
You can use any IPTV plugin if you have the URL, username and password.

Ps @twol it might be best to delete those logs

Jedimakerxtream guide

https://github.com/kiddac/Jedi_Maker_Xtream/raw/master/Jedi%20Maker%20Xtream.pdf

Menu, plugins green to install plugins.

Goto extensions install jedimakerxtream

Goto jedimakerxtream, playlist and add playlist

Add URL add portal then username and password and continue this screen you can choose to add VOD and TV series if you want to.

Continue then choose the bouquets you want to keep and create bouquets

Now you can exit then main TV and press TV button and check if your streams are working.

Once happy goto epg importer

Now press the Blue Button (sources), to select your Provider EPG.
Provider EPG
Find your IPTV provider in the source list. (usually at the bottom).
Press OK on your provider group.
Press OK to select/checkbox your provider
Press Green Button (Save)
Note: you DO NOT have to uncheck Rytec UK sources if using provider EPG.
On the main EPG importer setting page...
Press Yellow Button (Manual) to start the epg import.

Once done exit to main TV and press TV button and check your IPTV bouquets to see if epg is showing.

If you are happy you can now goto jedimakerxtream, settings and configure auto update and catch-up prefix if wanted. Green save then update bouquets

spevs
28-02-23, 22:00
Thanks dsayers 👍