PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo4K] OK button for channel selection

developers
24-02-23, 16:01
I have been used to OpenBH 5.1 for a little while and liked the press of the OK or zap button (the centre circle) on the remote when viewing a channel to launch the EPG.

I just tried Openpli 8.3 and found I could replicate the action by enabling "Enable OK for channel selection" in settings,GUI, User Interface.

I really like your image so prefer to stay on OpenViX but would like to find this setting or edit a file to assign the button behaviour but haven't found the correct way.

Is it possible?
Jem

Huevos
24-02-23, 18:17
I've talked to BlackHole developers and they don't know the feature you are talking about.

Orlandox
24-02-23, 19:11
With OpenPLi when "Enable OK for channel selection" (menu/settings/system/GUI settings/gui) is selected, pressing OK button when watching a channel will open channel selection, not EPG. Infobar is then opened with 'Exit' button.

With OpenBh when 'OK button mode' (main menu/settings/user interface/quick options setup) is set to channel list, OK button will also open channel list, not EPG.

developers
24-02-23, 19:24
I've talked to BlackHole developers and they don't know the feature you are talking about.

It seems that I have not described the feature correctly. From Orlandox comment (thanks) it seems it's called the channel selection. Basically when I press the OK button I get a list of the channels in the bouquet to choose from with the current event showing

Tkr001
24-02-23, 20:07
It seems that I have not described the feature correctly. From Orlandox comment (thanks) it seems it's called the channel selection. Basically when I press the OK button I get a list of the channels in the bouquet to choose from with the current event showing

Press the up or down arrow to display the channel list

dsayers
24-02-23, 20:17
Up down button is better
How would you get the infobar?

We could just add ok button to button setup for those that want to add something like that?

developers
24-02-23, 20:41
Up down button is better
How would you get the infobar?

We could just add ok button to button setup for those that want to add something like that?

That would be great!

developers
25-02-23, 12:26
If I could reverse the key assignment between the up down buttons and the OK button that would be my preference as I find it intuitive. I noted Orlandox has updated comment, I hadn't realised I had chosen the option, obviously it's not default as when I do the up down with my configuration I get channel list as well as the OK button press. Better if choice reversed mapping to ensure easy access to infobar is maintained I feel.

Huevos
25-02-23, 13:04
I see no added value to this request.

dsayers
25-02-23, 13:17
Ok button could be added to button setup then the user can assign the buttons how they want. Just the same way we can assign an other button in button setup

developers
25-02-23, 15:29
I see no added value to this request.
I guess that's because you are happy with it as it is! :)

Huevos
25-02-23, 15:51
I guess that's because you are happy with it as it is! :)
How can OK be swapped for UP/DOWN? UP/DOWN is 2 buttons, OK is one button.

abu baniaz
25-02-23, 16:02
The TV button opens the bouquets on Vix. So maybe adding OK to button setup as an option to open bouquets will be a solution for him. I presume he is using another remote/hdmi-cec maybe that is why the request is made?

developers
25-02-23, 16:13
How can OK be swapped for UP/DOWN? UP/DOWN is 2 buttons, OK is one button.

I understand at the moment both the up and the down buttons are assigned to reveal the channel list so if the swap could be implemented it would mean the channel list is selected with OK and both the up and down would open the infobar all from when viewing a channel

adm
25-02-23, 17:00
The TV button opens the bouquets on Vix. So maybe adding OK to button setup as an option to open bouquets will be a solution for him. I presume he is using another remote/hdmi-cec maybe that is why the request is made?

The epg button can also be configured to open the bouquets list so that the bouquet can be selected before displaying the EPG.
setup/epg/grid epg/show bouquet on launch

developers
25-02-23, 18:24
The epg button can also be configured to open the bouquets list so that the bouquet can be selected before displaying the EPG.
setup/epg/grid epg/show bouquet on launch

It's my fault I know I shouldn't have referred to the channel list as EPG, it's the channel list I am hoping for just for quick zap. There must be others who like this too for it to be included as an option in OpenBH and OpenPli. If it's something I can do in Keymap I'd be happy to try.

Huevos
26-02-23, 21:15
I see no added value to this request.No idea where you found this in OpenBH because the developers don't know about it.

Ev0
27-02-23, 00:34
I see no added value to this request.No idea where you found this in OpenBH because the developers don't know about it.

The original explanation made no sense to me.

The revised description makes sense.

It is a setup option in the Quick Options Setup Menu of OpenBh.