PDA

View Full Version : EPG looks magnified / bigger

avalon65
05-02-23, 21:42
I updated the image on my Gigablue UE 4k receiver yesterday, and the skin looked like it was the nightly skin as the info bar was a black background with white text. I changed it to the day skin, as I had previously, but then the guide / epg was or looked magnified with only 4 rows on the screen and about 3 columns.

How do I make it smaller, or back to what it was

cactikid
05-02-23, 22:41
Possibly in the settings might be the number of rows to change in the epg

avalon65
06-02-23, 09:37
Strange that it just changed by itself, and I can't see anything in the epg setting on the webif page where to change the line number

cactikid
06-02-23, 15:11
Might be to do with settings on the skin in use , i use simple 1080.

In epg setting i went into single epg and see this via remote.

avalon65
06-02-23, 17:14
Thanks but that didn't make any difference. I did however change the night / dark single infobar to day, and then when I pressed the guide button, the epg asppeared on the left side with just the tv channel programs which was on, BBC1 in this case.#

On the web page for my receiver, when I select epg, it takes me to 'choose a bouquet' I select 'Freesat All channels' then OK and I get the grid epg with just 5 rows and 3 columns.

How do I get the grid epg back as it should be.

avalon65
06-02-23, 18:31
Update:
I reflashed the receiver with the new image, then restored the settings from the previous old image. I have the guide / epg menu back as it was , with 10 rows and 6 columns.

The one thing I dare not do, is to change the night single info bar back to the day one as I'm afraid of doing that may upset the guide like it did before

cactikid
06-02-23, 19:23
Were you using a different skin by any chance

avalon65
06-02-23, 19:43
To be honest I have no idea what skin was in use.
I did look at the user interface skin, and it was selected as the 'Simple ten eighty', 'Pending restart' when I looked at the skin on the right side preview, it shows the epg on the left in a listing, which I don't want.
As I said before , the info bar skin looks like the night one.

Huevos
06-02-23, 20:59
Update:
I reflashed the receiver with the new image, then restored the settings from the previous old image. I have the guide / epg menu back as it was , with 10 rows and 6 columns.

The one thing I dare not do, is to change the night single info bar back to the day one as I'm afraid of doing that may upset the guide like it did before
Make a backup. Menu, setup, vix, backup manager. Afterwards change whatever you like. At any time you can restore your backup.

avalon65
06-02-23, 21:33
Thanks, I made a backup, then changed the skin to the day skin, but the grid epg / guide was again magnified to 5 rows and 3 columns. Needless to say I restored the image backup file and the grid epg is back to how I want it

avalon65
07-02-23, 00:24
Just one last thing, is the black info bar the Ten Twenty skin or the night skin

cactikid
07-02-23, 12:23
MENU - INFORMATION -ABOUT will tell you what skin you are using

bellejt
07-02-23, 15:09
settings - EPG - graffic and multi epg : ther you see numebr rows and koloms

avalon65
07-02-23, 16:55
When I went to About, it said the skin was Ten Twenty, but the info bar skin was about the same size as the day or night skin , which I used prior to upgrading the vixmage.

So I went to the skins location, it was selected or highlighted on the Ten twenty skin but said 'pending restart' So I selected it and the GUI restarted. Now the infobar was the full width of my tv screen, as well as other things being different. For example the small tv scree was now on the left instead of the right.
It doesn't matter but I'm just curious about the changes from before I actually select the skin and then selecting it.

Thanks

cactikid
07-02-23, 20:23
I have always used the 1080 and if restoring anything would still be the same so not sure what other things exist or change.