PDA

View Full Version : [Zgemma H7] System crash when watching a recording (recorded from the box)

smipx
04-02-23, 18:02
Everyting going well for many weeks and then all of a sudden the ZgemmaH7S crashed. Tried to look at the crash log but not making a lot of sense to me. I was not using the box myself it was the wife. she was watching a program and skipping through it using the 3, 6 and 9 keys she skipped to a good bit of the program and let it run on normally then "bam" it crashed. It was also recording a channel at the same time.

This is never normally a problem - in fact I often record 3 different programs while watching another.
It is a SATA hard drive inside the box - powered by the SATA power.

I have since done:
init 4
umount -a
e2fsck -f -C 0 -v /dev/sda1

This found no errors on the disk. I also used smartmontools to check the SMART and all is good on the disk.

I have attached the log files:

........so someone who "actually knows what they are doing" can take a peek at at a convenient moment.

Many thanks in advance folks.
Paul

twol
04-02-23, 18:53
Everyting going well for many weeks and then all of a sudden the ZgemmaH7S crashed. Tried to look at the crash log but not making a lot of sense to me. I was not using the box myself it was the wife. she was watching a program and skipping through it using the 3, 6 and 9 keys she skipped to a good bit of the program and let it run on normally then "bam" it crashed. It was also recording a channel at the same time.

This is never normally a problem - in fact I often record 3 different programs while watching another.
It is a SATA hard drive inside the box - powered by the SATA power.

I have since done:
init 4
umount -a
e2fsck -f -C 0 -v /dev/sda1

This found no errors on the disk. I also used smartmontools to check the SMART and all is good on the disk.

I have attached the log files:

........so someone who "actually knows what they are doing" can take a peek at at a convenient moment.

Many thanks in advance folks.
Paul
Crash in C++ code … hard tomtell whether its an error in the stream or a driver issue.

smipx
05-02-23, 10:58
Thanks for confirming that Twol. I guess there is not a lot for me to be able do in that case. It has been fine since the reboot.
I guess it would be useful for the developers to be aware though.

Paul