PDA

View Full Version : [GiGaBlue UHD UE 4K] Unresponsive to controller

avalon65
03-02-23, 20:03
I have had this satellite box for about 15 months , and recently it has become unresponsive to the controller a few times.

When fast forwarding a recorded tv program, sometimes it can't be stopped nor paused.
When selecting to change a tv channel either by pressing the channel number or selecting from the guide / epg , it stays stuck on the last channel watched.

In these instances I have had to hard reset, switch off and back on, to get the box back to normal working.

Would flashing the receiver with the latest vix image solve these problems

Thanks

adm
03-02-23, 20:18
I have had this satellite box for about 15 months , and recently it has become unresponsive to the controller a few times.

When fast forwarding a recorded tv program, sometimes it can't be stopped nor paused.
When selecting to change a tv channel either by pressing the channel number or selecting from the guide / epg , it stays stuck on the last channel watched.

In these instances I have had to hard reset, switch off and back on, to get the box back to normal working.

Would flashing the receiver with the latest vix image solve these problems

Thanks

Try the virtual remote in the Web Interface (webif) to see if it does the same.
Type the IP address of your box into the address bar of your internet browser on your PC. You should get the box's webif
Expand the small remote on the left hand side to reveal all the buttons. It should work the same way as your physical remote control.

To see if your physical remote is working point it at the camera on your phone . You should see the IR LED flashing when you press a button and it should turn off when releasing the button. On an Iphone the main camera may have an IR filter and you may not be able to see the remote's LED flashing BUT often this filter is not on the selfie camera so try that camera instead.

twol
03-02-23, 20:35
Maybe a bit too simple, but suggest you push the GIGA button when commands are not being executed ….. happens all the time with some of my family members
otherwise next time it happens post a debug log.

avalon65
04-02-23, 16:36
Yes I do know about the GIGA button, but it probably slipped my mind at the time.
Earlier I used the image manager to download and flash the receiver with the latest openvix image, and after restoring the settings from the previous image, , everything came back as it was before I flashed it. I was amazed at how easy it was to do!