PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo SE] Timeshift Crash

Spoof
30-01-23, 16:59
Hi.
I am using an external (USB) hard drive. I am using a "Y" cable (2 x USB) to ensure enough power is supplied.
My timeshift function is not working correctly, constantly freezing the box.
I get the info bar and timeshift slider frozen on the screen, timeshift is impossible to stop, the remote doesn't work and I can't access the box with Webif. Only solution is a hard reboot (power switch toggle).

Help troubleshooting this would be appreciated.

TIA,
Spooof

PS. recording is working flawlessly.

twol
30-01-23, 17:12
Hi.
I am using an external (USB) hard drive. I am using a "Y" cable (2 x USB) to ensure enough power is supplied.
I get the info bar and timeshift slider frozen on the screen, timeshift is impossible to stop, the remote doesn't work and I can't access the box with Webif. Only solution is a hard reboot (power switch toggle).

TIA,
Spooof

You need external power source - seen many situations where issues due to relying on usb power alone

Spoof
30-01-23, 17:56
You need external power source - seen many situations where issues due to relying on usb power alone

Thanks - I considered this already but I dismissed this theory because recording works flawlessly - I can "tape" all day without issues.
In fact I was using just the single USB power until yesterday when I tried the Y cable, which should effectively supply double current (1A instead of 0.5A).

adm
30-01-23, 18:13
Hi.

TIA,
Spooof

Can you record a programme and watch another previously recorded program at the same time?
Recording only requires a write function. Timeshift requires a simultaneous write and read function.

Spoof
30-01-23, 18:46
Can you record a programme and watch another previously recorded program at the same time?
Recording only requires a write function. Timeshift requires a simultaneous write and read function.

Yes I can. In fact I can record 2 x channels and watch a pre-recorded, no problem.

Spoof
04-02-23, 11:43
OK, just "upgraded" to a 2.5" internal HDD and the problem continues.....

EDIT: Just changed the skin to Vix Night (default showing as Simple Ten Eighty on my image) and Timeshift seems to be working but only tested for a few minutes so far.