PDA

View Full Version : Getting my WiFi dongle to work

CornishSteve
30-01-23, 16:23
I bought a USB WiFi dongle for my Gigablue UHD Quad 4K unit, I hoped it would have a driver pre-installed but that does not seem the case. The only information on the USB stick is 300M WPS.

I have a few other problems but I thought I would try and get the WiFi working first.

I have tried the network wizard that gave me;

LAN adapter WLAN connector OK
Wireless network disconnected
DHCP Enabled
IP address Confirmed
Nameserver Confirmed

I have scanned for Wifi Networks, the scan only sees my Vodafone network, any help would be much appreciated.

cactikid
30-01-23, 23:09
Normally you need to download the correct driver from plugins feed and install it and possibly reboot box to be seen,

You will need to have your network id and password to us for your wifi and not lan port.

urie
30-01-23, 23:35
Normally you need to download the correct driver from plugins feed and install it and possibly reboot box to be seen,

You will need to have your network id and password to us for your wifi and not lan port.

Yes easier said than done most will not know what the driver is for the actuall wifi dongle unless info is given on device, personally only tried wifi on zgemma device but it was onboard but perhaps just plug device into usb port on pc it may recognise device and you can get info from device manager to let you know what chipset e.t.c

CornishSteve
31-01-23, 13:46
Thanks for the info, I thought the unit created its own network, just found out its only for connecting to an existing one, thank you for replying
I did find out it is a 8192eu which Gigablue has a pre-installed driver

cactikid
31-01-23, 15:02
One of the reasons why i never used wifi and needing drivers and needing a chipset identification for using correct one