PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Uno4KSE] Box crashing/freezing every morning

aardvark5
28-01-23, 19:54
So one of my problems now seems to be fixed (HDD going missing) but I now have another.
Every morning since I put the new 6.3 image on with no restore, I wake up to a frozen box.
The clock is showing as normal on the front but the remote doesn't work and it's disconnected from FTP/OpenWebIf until I reboot the box.

I've attached the Crash Log for your invaluable advice.

cactikid
28-01-23, 20:39
Have you set anything to download early in the morning like Epg or ABM

Huevos
28-01-23, 20:39
I don't think that crash log is related to the box being frozen. You need to turn on debug logging and post the debug log.

aardvark5
28-01-23, 20:57
I don't think that crash log is related to the box being frozen. You need to turn on debug logging and post the debug log.

Pretty sure I've got it set up correctly however I put the new image on around two weeks ago but only have one log!!

twol
28-01-23, 21:02
Pretty sure I've got it set up correctly however I put the new image on around two weeks ago but only have one log!!

Debug log is not good, but until I can get on PC not sure how bad ……. Or where

aardvark5
28-01-23, 21:04
Have you set anything to download early in the morning like Epg or ABM

OpenTV EPG Downloader downloads every 6 hours so will download in teh morning some time.
The funny thing is this morning for the first time the EPG was corrupt in Klingon language so I deleted EPG and force loaded again.
What I have just done is set it to download every 24 hours.

aardvark5
28-01-23, 21:09
Tomorrow I'm putting the brand new 6.3 0002 image on, no restore, set EPG to 24 hours and see how I go on.
I also have a clean install with no additional plugins and only Freesat.

I think I may also remove the NAS from it.

This box is for my wife and sadly she has given up and now programming the TIVO.

aardvark5
29-01-23, 12:45
Brand new 6.3.0002
Setup like a new box
No plugins
Using EPG Importer instead of OpenTV EPG Downloader (funny thing is when I set this up first it crashed!!).
No NAS

See how that goes on.

cactikid
29-01-23, 13:54
What about Hdd or Usb are either on box

aardvark5
29-01-23, 14:37
What about Hdd or Usb are either on box

The HDD is on or my wife wouldn't be watching it now :)

cactikid
29-01-23, 15:30
So you have a HDD on box as you mentioned NAS connected which was confusing.

aardvark5
29-01-23, 16:15
So you have a HDD on box as you mentioned NAS connected which was confusing.

The NAS was just an extension, I've had a 1TB on from day one.
In my other thread I mentioned the HDD kept going missing and somebody thought it might be duff so I bought an SSD and that went missing also.
I also had a day where my NAS was freezing the box and somebody suggested I reset my router which amazingly worked.

So I'm down to a bare box with 1TB HDD and nothing else added.
I've also changed my EPG just in case that was the problem.
If anything goes wrong now it has got to be the box (as long as 6.3.0002 is stable).