PDA

View Full Version : Using full 8 gigabyte of Edision os mio plus 4k

Ahmad Allaf
25-01-23, 14:22
Hello everyone,
I'm really happy to join this wonderful forum and I'm using openvix 6 on Edision os mio plus 4k. I'm not interested in multiboot on this device. I would like to use the full capacity of the internal flash and I don't mind losing multiboot patitions of the device. Would you help me do that ?
Best regards to all of you

twol
25-01-23, 15:31
It not that easy. All the OE-A image builders use the same setup, delivering 4 partitions… and thats unlikely to change.

adm
25-01-23, 15:38
Hello everyone,
I'm really happy to join this wonderful forum and I'm using openvix 6 on Edision os mio plus 4k. I'm not interested in multiboot on this device. I would like to use the full capacity of the internal flash and I don't mind losing multiboot patitions of the device. Would you help me do that ?
Best regards to all of you

Probably a bad idea.

Flash memory is intended for non-volitile storage and is relatively slow which is not a problem reading it on a boot-up cycle or when saving an image update.

It's much better to use a large memory stick or usb disk drive for saving the EPG, timeshift or recording. An hours worth of HD recording is around 2G bytes.