PDA

View Full Version : Software flash not installing

Mist3r0n
15-01-23, 02:35
Hi all, I have a problem and not sure whether it's the two Solo2's that I have or the images downloaded. Downloaded 6.3.002 and after a bit of fluffing around managed to get the box to boot into the USB stick, it appeared to go through the process of uggrading the software and then just stopped at "checking USB" and there it stayed! Tried again, same result! Cycled the power and allowed the box to reboot, checked the info and there was no change, it was still showing the original information, Image 5.04.12, Drivers 29/04/19, Kernal 3.13.5, Last update 14/05/21. So nothing had been updated. So decided to try the other Solo2, connected it up, ran the upgrade and got the same result! The first box is running VIX but the second box is running BlackbBox,but doesn't get past the boot screen. Am I missing something?

All replies gratefully recieved.

Ron.

Huevos
15-01-23, 10:52
Please try upgrading using ViX ImageManager, not usb.

Mist3r0n
15-01-23, 14:33
Hi Huevos, many thanks for the reply. It would appear that the Solo2 is VERY selective about what USB stick it will read! Kept trying to update the box but woth a different USB stick and hey presto it worked on both boxes. So in total that was 5 different USB sticks I had to use before finding one that worked!! Mad or what lol.

twol
15-01-23, 14:36
As per post #2 - quicker to use online flash with ImageManager