PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Uno4KSE] What is the best way to update OpenVIX please?

aardvark5
11-01-23, 12:37
Hi

Just wanted to know what the best order is for an upgrade to 6.3 is please.
Over the last few weeks I've had problems and this morning decided to install a new SSD (posted about it in another thread) and I basically want to start from scratch except for some saved settings.

So in my head I:
1) Factory Reset

2) Flash the new 6.3 OpenVIX image

3) This is where I come unstuck.
I want to keep all my settings so do I just flash the smaller Backup file eg vix-rel-5.4.014-20230110-1852.tar which is 5.89meg or do I go for a full image containing 6.2 eg openvix-vuuno4kse-release-5.4.014-20230109_103622.zip which is 86.9mb?
Obviously I'm thinking if I flash the latter it then goes back to 6.2.

Any advice appreciated

bmitie
11-01-23, 13:16
No what you do is use Vix image manager, and flash online. You will get option to restore settings say yes, then restore plugins say yes.

Go menu setup vix, image manager, yellow to download lastest version, then blue to flash. Its that simple.

aardvark5
11-01-23, 13:21
No what you do is use Vix image manager, and flash online. You will get option to restore settings say yes, then restore plugins say yes.

Go menu setup vix, image manager, yellow to download lastest version, then blue to flash. Its that simple.

Thanks for that, so it updates what you've already got with 6.3.
Excellent.

Joe_90
11-01-23, 13:26
Thanks for that, so it updates what you've already got with 6.3.
Excellent.

It's not an update. It's a completely new image, a reflash of your box which doesn't affect recordings or whatever you have stored on your disk. Before the flash it performs a settings backup to disk and notes any plugins you have installed. After it reboots it will ask if you wish to restore your settings and any plugins.

aardvark5
11-01-23, 13:41
It's not an update. It's a completely new image, a reflash of your box which doesn't affect recordings or whatever you have stored on your disk. Before the flash it performs a settings backup to disk and notes any plugins you have installed. After it reboots it will ask if you wish to restore your settings and any plugins.

Thanks for that.

cactikid
11-01-23, 14:07
Avoid FACTORY RESET as it can screw box up and as above.

Joe_90
11-01-23, 14:29
Factory reset clears settings and provides no advantage as the re-flash clears everything in flash anyway.

aardvark5
11-01-23, 15:25
Bugger, nothing goes right for me.
At 12:30pm I created a full backup just in case.
I have now flashed 3 times from inside Image Manager and when my machine reboots it takes me to the screens where you first put an image on - setup display, internet etc.
Nowhere have I seen an option asking if I want to restore my settings :(

UPDATE
it did it on the 5th time

Willo3092
11-01-23, 15:53
You need to make a settings backup with Backup Manager from a fully working system and then flash a new image and restore.

Best thing is to restore your full image backup and then make a settings backup and then flash the new image.

aardvark5
11-01-23, 16:12
You need to make a settings backup with Backup Manager from a fully working system and then flash a new image and restore.

Best thing is to restore your full image backup and then make a settings backup and then flash the new image.

It's all working after the 5th flash.
I've now made a backup of a full image and my backup file.

Joe_90
11-01-23, 17:29
The ImageManager does a settings backup by default when you use it to flash a downloaded image. There's no actual need to make a separate backup beforehand, but "belt & braces";)

Joe_90
11-01-23, 17:35
Bugger, nothing goes right for me.
At 12:30pm I created a full backup just in case.
I have now flashed 3 times from inside Image Manager and when my machine reboots it takes me to the screens where you first put an image on - setup display, internet etc.
Nowhere have I seen an option asking if I want to restore my settings :(

UPDATE
it did it on the 5th time

I know you've sorted it, but the first boot after the flash should detect a backup file, unless it's in some non-standard location. Did you use the ImageManager to flash the download? It should/would have done a backup before the flash if you used it.

abu baniaz
11-01-23, 17:45
His other thread today had a storage device issue. So if there was an issue with storage device, the settings backup would not have been made to the device. If the device is not detected at reboot, following flashing an image, the restore option is not offered either.

Anyway, it is done now.

aardvark5
11-01-23, 18:05
The ImageManager does a settings backup by default when you use it to flash a downloaded image. There's no actual need to make a separate backup beforehand, but "belt & braces";)

It didn't do it the first 4 times, don't know why, I was even looking on FTP and there wasn't one there.

Joe_90
11-01-23, 18:08
@abu indicated that you maybe had issues with a storage device/disk. It would explain why the settings backup wasn't made beforehand or wasn't detected afterwards.

aardvark5
11-01-23, 18:13
@abu indicated that you maybe had issues with a storage device/disk. It would explain why the settings backup wasn't made beforehand or wasn't detected afterwards.

I put the new drive in around 11am, messed around a bit and made multiple full backups and smaller backups with my final ones being around 12:30pm.
I then started on my upgrade so at 12:30pm the machine was definitely making backups because I was pulling from my VU+ and saving them on my NAS.
When I started the upgrade I noticed there was no backup or imagebackups folder on the SSD!
It then appeared on my 5th install.

cactikid
12-01-23, 00:05
Might your image and backups be saved on another box?

I put in an SSD into a Zgemma H7S and found Image and Backups on my Et 10000 hdd and no idea how they got there.

Joe_90
12-01-23, 01:14

I put in an SSD into a Zgemma H7S and found Image and Backups on my Et 10000 hdd and no idea how they got there.

It's been sorted - see post #13. I don't think it's anything to do with SSD as such. Both of you have had issues with replacing HDD. Maybe something to do with how the new disk was initialised and mounted, maybe? Without logs difficult to tell.

cactikid
12-01-23, 03:31
SSD was Initialised in box. Yes an odd one.

aardvark5
12-01-23, 08:17

I use OpenWebIf for 99% of my satellite usage, I sit by my PC using the remote on it.
In this instance I had FTP software open where I could see inside my Synology NAS and also my VU+ and the first 4 times no files went into either, it was the 4th time I saw a backup folder created on the VU+.
It sounds like the SSD was initialised correctly if that's what makes the folders.

abu baniaz
12-01-23, 08:35
Initialise=format

aardvark5
12-01-23, 08:45
Initialise=format

Did that when I put it in and I also did the Filesystem Check.

I'm not new to this, I've been messing and installing satellite receivers from the D2Mac days in the early 90s.
I bought my first box from WOS in 2013 and sent everybody there to get their boxes and then I set them up.
This is the first time I've replaced a HD and then wanted to put a new image on, I've always just put an old saved image on before so wanted to know the best order.

Touch wood it all seems OK, if it goes funny again then it must be the unit.

abu baniaz
12-01-23, 09:23
Sorry if I have rubbed you up the wrong way.

Lots of people keep using the term "initialise" as if it is something that makes the receiver use the box. The advice is given even for devices that are already in ext4 file system. A reboot after formatting the hdd will generally ensure device is mounted. Accessing the module will then create the folders required for that process. Settings backup, image backup, recording etc. Formatting the storage won't create those folders, but nonetheless should be done first time it is connected to box.

Once again, sorry.

aardvark5
12-01-23, 10:32
Sorry if I have rubbed you up the wrong way.

Lots of people keep using the term "initialise" as if it is something that makes the receiver use the box. The advice is given even for devices that are already in ext4 file system. A reboot after formatting the hdd will generally ensure device is mounted. Accessing the module will then create the folders required for that process. Settings backup, image backup, recording etc. Formatting the storage won't create those folders, but nonetheless should be done first time it is connected to box.

Once again, sorry.

Oh you haven't rubbed me up the wrong way, I appreciate your advise or I wouldn't have asked in the first place.
There is always something new to learn.
I suppose I just wanted you to know I'm not new to this stuff but there's always something new to learn.

"A reboot after formatting the hdd will generally ensure device is mounted."

Pretty sure I didn't reboot after initialising and file checking but it rebooted 4 times I was trying to put the upgrade on.
Like I say, 5th time it all worked!!

I can also remember there wasn't a Movie folder so I thought maybe 9 years ago I put the Movie folder on.
I then copied some recordings to it but in the HDD folder.
A bit later all the other folders ended up in there like backup and the Movie folder!!

aardvark5
14-01-23, 13:12
AAAAAAAAAAAAARGH
I've got serious problems going on and I now think it's my box.

So a couple of months ago my old HDD started to go missing, it then behaved for around six weeks then finally went again.
I bought a new SSD, set it up with great advice and a new image and for 3 days going great.
Got up this morning and it's gone missing again.
Looking at the pictures I've tried everything to get it back.
I've even tried both drives in my PC and I can't see them which is strange unless the VU puts a whole new filesystem on them.
I'm now thinking the VU+ Uno4k SE is at fault because it's done it on two drives.
I've just put the original drive back in and initialised and recorded something to it no problem but I just know if I put the old and the new in they would go missing.

Another link to the pictures if you can't see the attached properly - https://www.dmpoole.co.uk/pics/1.jpg

Any advise appreciated

cactikid
14-01-23, 21:41
Did you see it listed in storage , if so did you try to Initialize it to be in correct format to use on box.

If so it should give SSD a size and show ext4.

Are you leaving the box in standby or deep sleep or powering it off completely.

urie
14-01-23, 22:59
You will not see the drives on your PC as they are in linux ext4 filesystem you would need to ftp to stb with filezilla or windows explorer by entering \\192.168.xx.xx (your IP address of stb) into search bar.

aardvark5
15-01-23, 02:13
Did you see it listed in storage , if so did you try to Initialize it to be in correct format to use on box.

If so it should give SSD a size and show ext4.

Are you leaving the box in standby or deep sleep or powering it off completely.

All 6 times it's failed on two different drives, they are initialised and can be seen for several days working OK and then they just disappear off the box.
I did have about 6 weeks of it working OK.

I always leave the box in Standby and have done since October 2021.

aardvark5
15-01-23, 02:17
You will not see the drives on your PC as they are in linux ext4 filesystem you would need to ftp to stb with filezilla or windows explorer by entering \\192.168.xx.xx (your IP address of stb) into search bar.

I always do that since I've had E2 boxes but it couldn't see both drives until I initialised again.

This is what I see at the moment because I'm recording to my NAS.

aardvark5
15-01-23, 11:34
THERE'S ALSO ANOTHER PROBLEM.

So three times this has happened, my STB is freezing.
Last use was last night up to 2am watching football that had been recorded to my NAS.
At 04.11am my screen had froze.
This has happened three times in 1 day so I'm thinking my STB has faults.
I'm just going to try my old full image before I put the new one on and see how that goes.

Froze again at 10.31am while posting this.

Just put an old image on and froze again.

cactikid
15-01-23, 11:42
Could you also try recording to USB stick instead of NAS.

Might also try rebooting network as my be a bug.

aardvark5
15-01-23, 13:33

It's funny you say that.
I've just put a bare 6.3 image on and then setup from scratch.
Got to the point where I was recording 8 channels at once to the STB HDD so all great.
I then mounted my NAS and immediately frozen.
It would freeze virtually immediately when I rebooted so I unplugged NAS from Network so I could remove from STB and it behaved itself.
I then mounted it again and the STB froze.
I have no idea why the NAS is freezing the STB because it's been working on this STB since October 2021 and previous STBs !!!

I haven't rebooted the router because the wife will be upset so I'll give that a go when she's finished watching something on the Firestick.

aardvark5
15-01-23, 14:31

At this moment and at least 15 minutes in, the STB is not freezing after mounting my NAS after I reset the router.
Now to see if the internal HDD stays connected.

Thanks for that (for now :)).

Willo3092
15-01-23, 14:37
Is the NAS actually freezing the STB altogether or does it just spool and become unresponsive when looking at the recordings list on the NAS?

If it's the latter mine is the same and it seemed to be movieplayer updating ts files etc.

I record everything to the STB now and move the recordings to the NAS on a cron timer.

cactikid
15-01-23, 14:58
Is the NAS actually freezing the STB altogether or does it just spool and become unresponsive when looking at the recordings list on the NAS?

If it's the latter mine is the same and it seemed to be movieplayer updating ts files etc.

I record everything to the STB now and move the recordings to the NAS on a cron timer.

How does that work as never used the cron timer before and sound interesting . Cheers M8

aardvark5
15-01-23, 15:30

Total freeze and I can't even FTP.
So nearly 1 hour and it's behaving with the NAS.
Who would think a reset of the Network would do that because the NAS has been working over the Network for Firesticks etc and of course WiFi has been OK.

So at this moment it looks like I had one fault, HDD going missing and the freezing was just a coincidence.
I'll have to see if the HDD stays connected, if not then I have already made a ticket with WOS.

Willo3092
15-01-23, 16:24
I meant that I run a simple script from a cron timer in the early hours when no recordings are in progress.

mv -f /media/hdd/movie/* /media/autofs/RECORDINGS/ 2>/dev/null

aardvark5
24-01-23, 18:50
UPDATE because somebody may have the same problem.

Shortly after my last post I decided on a clean install of 6.3 and then setup the tuners, EPG etc and install no extra plugins and see how I went on.
Funnily enough the following day WOS replied and told me to do the same thing.
It's now the 24th and behaving so there was obviously something in my Backup file that was buggering things up.

Thanks

aardvark5
10-02-23, 11:54
ANOTHER UPDATE and I'm at my wits end.

On Sunday Jan 29 I did another virgin install of 6.3.
I didn't use a backup file but programmed the tuners, downloaded the channels and used EPG Importer for the EPG, I also disabled the EPG so that it didn't download every day.
No plugins were installed and I didn't connect it to my NAS so it was a totally new imaged box just for Freesat.
It behaved on Sunday through to Thursday where I downloaded the EPG for a week and programmed it every day for a week since we were going to Lanzarote and got back this evening.
It recorded the 4 programmes on Thursday evening (Feb 2nd) and then it crashed so we've come home to only last Thursdays recordings.
I've attached 2 Logs but surprisingly I expected to see one for the day it went wrong on Feb 3rd!!

The only thing I can see now is it is a hardware problem but I am going to try a rival image.

I also need to explain that from the day I bought my VU+ Uno4K SE that bi-weekly (sometimes weekly) I was getting the 'Green Screen Of Death' so we put up with just resetting the box. Last November it then went into Green Screen of Death and the HD going missing and my problems seem to have got worse.

twol
10-02-23, 13:51
ANOTHER UPDATE and I'm at my wits end.

On Sunday Jan 29 I did another virgin install of 6.3.
I didn't use a backup file but programmed the tuners, downloaded the channels and used EPG Importer for the EPG, I also disabled the EPG so that it didn't download every day.
No plugins were installed and I didn't connect it to my NAS so it was a totally new imaged box just for Freesat.
It behaved on Sunday through to Thursday where I downloaded the EPG for a week and programmed it every day for a week since we were going to Lanzarote and got back this evening.
It recorded the 4 programmes on Thursday evening (Feb 2nd) and then it crashed so we've come home to only last Thursdays recordings.
I've attached 2 Logs but surprisingly I expected to see one for the day it went wrong on Feb 3rd!!

The only thing I can see now is it is a hardware problem but I am going to try a rival image.

I also need to explain that from the day I bought my VU+ Uno4K SE that bi-weekly (sometimes weekly) I was getting the 'Green Screen Of Death' so we put up with just resetting the box. Last November it then went into Green Screen of Death and the HD going missing and my problems seem to have got worse.

You have a crash loop in the web interface using a package called cheetah.(the web interface is some thing common to the OE-A Images )
1) stop using the web interface for the moment
2) is the cheetah package something you have installed?

aardvark5
10-02-23, 13:53
You have a crash loop in the web interface using a package called cheetah.
1) stop using the web interface for the moment
2) is the cheetah package something you have installed?

I have the very basic install of OpenVix 6.3.002 and nothing else has been installed.

From Feb 2nd to Feb 9th I was on holiday so the PC was off so OpenWebIf wouldn't be used.

twol
10-02-23, 17:11
So regardless of you being away this crash has been running periodically. Have spoken to the guy who wrote the package and he will put in code to trap and prevent this (hopefully) …. But means you will have to wait for him to update and then flash again to get the update

aardvark5
10-02-23, 17:19
So regardless of you being away this crash has been running periodically. Have spoken to the guy who wrote the package and he will put in code to trap and prevent this (hopefully) …. But means you will have to wait for him to update and then flash again to get the update

On Sunday Feb 29 I did a brand new install, absolutely nothing added extra.
It behaved for four days so on Thursday morning Feb 2nd I did an EPG download and then disabled it.
The wife programmed it for a week and when I got back yesterday it had only downloaded Thursday evenings programmes and then froze.
The PC was also off so there wasn't a connection to OpenWebIf.

twol
10-02-23, 17:27
On Sunday Feb 29 I did a brand new install, absolutely nothing added extra.
It behaved for four days so on Thursday morning Feb 2nd I did an EPG download and then disabled it.
The wife programmed it for a week and when I got back yesterday it had only downloaded Thursday evenings programmes and then froze.
The PC was also off so there wasn't a connection to OpenWebIf.
Regardless,of what you think, the log shows periodic epgcache access and subsequently a crash loop in the webif.

aardvark5
10-02-23, 17:40
Regardless,of what you think, the log shows periodic epgcache access and subsequently a crash loop in the webif.

Strange because EPG Import was disabled, the Open ATV EPG (!) was also disabled (there are two different EPGs on OpenVix) and my PC was turned off at the wall.

I put OpenPLI on this morning with a very basic setup so going to see how that goes.
I'm even thinking of buying the Gigablue equivalent because this has got to be sorted before Virgin gets taken out.
This is my 3rd VU+ box in over 10 years and the first two were faultless, I've also sent at least 12 people to WOS for VU+ boxes and set them up and as far as I know they are still going strong.

twol
10-02-23, 18:05
Strange because EPG Import was disabled, the Open ATV EPG (!) was also disabled (there are two different EPGs on OpenVix) and my PC was turned off at the wall.

I put OpenPLI on this morning with a very basic setup so going to see how that goes.
I'm even thinking of buying the Gigablue equivalent because this has got to be sorted before Virgin gets taken out.
This is my 3rd VU+ box in over 10 years and the first two were faultless, I've also sent at least 12 people to WOS for VU+ boxes and set them up and as far as I know they are still going strong.
You obviously don,t believe anyone but yourself….. the webif author say s he has identified the issue…. And see extract from your own log.
NameMapper.NotFound: cannot find 'id' while searching for 'event.id'

< 101.4036>
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/python3.11/site-packages/twisted/protocols/basic.py", line 549, in dataReceived

File "/usr/lib/python3.11/site-packages/twisted/web/http.py", line 2319, in lineReceived

File "/usr/lib/python3.11/site-packages/twisted/web/http.py", line 2447, in allContentReceived

File "/usr/lib/python3.11/site-packages/twisted/web/http.py", line 1032, in requestReceived

--- <exception caught here> ---
File "/usr/lib/python3.11/site-packages/twisted/web/server.py", line 227, in process

File "/usr/lib/python3.11/site-packages/twisted/web/server.py", line 292, in render

File "/home/vix/6.3/builds/openvix/release/vuuno4kse/tmp/work/cortexa15hf-neon-vfpv4-oe-linux-gnueabi/enigma2-plugin-extensions-openwebif/enigma2-plugin-extensions-openwebif-gitAUTOINC+353b31c20e-r0/image/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/OpenWebif/controllers/base.py", line 224, in render

File "/home/vix/6.3/builds/openvix/release/vuuno4kse/tmp/work/cortexa15hf-neon-vfpv4-oe-linux-gnueabi/enigma2-plugin-extensions-openwebif/enigma2-plugin-extensions-openwebif-gitAUTOINC+353b31c20e-r0/image/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/OpenWebif/controllers/base.py", line 112, in loadTemplate

File "/usr/lib/python3.11/site-packages/Cheetah/Template.py", line 1053, in __unicode__

File "/home/vix/6.3/builds/openvix/release/vuuno4kse/tmp/work/cortexa15hf-neon-vfpv4-oe-linux-gnueabi/enigma2-plugin-extensions-openwebif/enigma2-plugin-extensions-openwebif-gitAUTOINC+353b31c20e-r0/image/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/OpenWebif/controllers/views/web/epgservice.py", line 99, in respond

< 101.4246>

aardvark5
10-02-23, 18:14
You obviously don,t believe anyone but yourself….. the webif author say s he has identified the issue…. And see extract from your own log.

< 101.4036>
File "/usr/lib/python3.11/site-packages/twisted/protocols/basic.py", line 549, in dataReceived

File "/usr/lib/python3.11/site-packages/twisted/web/http.py", line 2319, in lineReceived

File "/usr/lib/python3.11/site-packages/twisted/web/http.py", line 2447, in allContentReceived

File "/usr/lib/python3.11/site-packages/twisted/web/http.py", line 1032, in requestReceived

--- <exception caught here> ---
File "/usr/lib/python3.11/site-packages/twisted/web/server.py", line 227, in process

File "/usr/lib/python3.11/site-packages/twisted/web/server.py", line 292, in render

File "/home/vix/6.3/builds/openvix/release/vuuno4kse/tmp/work/cortexa15hf-neon-vfpv4-oe-linux-gnueabi/enigma2-plugin-extensions-openwebif/enigma2-plugin-extensions-openwebif-gitAUTOINC+353b31c20e-r0/image/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/OpenWebif/controllers/base.py", line 224, in render

File "/home/vix/6.3/builds/openvix/release/vuuno4kse/tmp/work/cortexa15hf-neon-vfpv4-oe-linux-gnueabi/enigma2-plugin-extensions-openwebif/enigma2-plugin-extensions-openwebif-gitAUTOINC+353b31c20e-r0/image/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/OpenWebif/controllers/base.py", line 112, in loadTemplate

File "/usr/lib/python3.11/site-packages/Cheetah/Template.py", line 1053, in __unicode__

File "/home/vix/6.3/builds/openvix/release/vuuno4kse/tmp/work/cortexa15hf-neon-vfpv4-oe-linux-gnueabi/enigma2-plugin-extensions-openwebif/enigma2-plugin-extensions-openwebif-gitAUTOINC+353b31c20e-r0/image/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/OpenWebif/controllers/views/web/epgservice.py", line 99, in respond

< 101.4246>

I absolutely 100% believe what you say and what the log says (it's there in black and white) but I am telling you that I left the house on Thursday Feb 2nd morning and went to Lanzarote for a week.
My PC hasn't connected to the VU+ with OpenWebIf in all that time because it was off at the wall and I had to get my daughter to switch it back on because I have mobility issues.
I really appreciate your help but you also have to believe what I'm saying and that both EPG's were also disabled.

Blimey, Notepad+ shows over 16,000 references to OpenWebIf in that log file and I have no idea why.
Could it be that even though my PC is off it wants to keep connecting?

I've had an idea, I'll put my last Vix image on and disable the plugin to see how that goes.
I've also been told to only use only OpenTV EPG and not EPG Import so I'll give that a go.

aardvark5
10-02-23, 20:30
I've done a completely new install.
I'm using OpenTV EPG set to download every 24 hours.
I've disabled OpenWebIf.
No other plugins installed except what came with OpenVix 6.3.002
No connection to my PC
No connection to my NAS

I really do appreciate your help twol

twol
10-02-23, 21:06
I've done a completely new install.
I'm using OpenTV EPG set to download every 24 hours.
I've disabled OpenWebIf.
No other plugins installed except what came with OpenVix 6.3.002
No connection to my PC
No connection to my NAS

I really do appreciate your help twol

There really is a bug. Its found, its fixed and hopefully will be in next build

aardvark5
10-02-23, 21:08
There really is a bug. Its found, its fixed and hopefully will be in next build

Thanks for that, really appreciate it.
Hopefully disabling OpenWebIf will solve it for the forseeable.

aardvark5
15-02-23, 18:20
Just a little update, on the 10th I disabled OpenWebIf and the machine has behaved until yesterday.
I switched OpenWebIf on around 3pm for a test and at 19:59 I got the green screen of death.
I've attached the log and from 3pm to 8pm it had 4,893 references to OpenWebIf.
Here's hoping the OpenVix writer solves this because we use OpenWebIf a lot.

twol
15-02-23, 19:05
Just a little update, on the 10th I disabled OpenWebIf and the machine has behaved until yesterday.
I switched OpenWebIf on around 3pm for a test and at 19:59 I got the green screen of death.
I've attached the log and from 3pm to 8pm it had 4,893 references to OpenWebIf.
Here's hoping the OpenVix writer solves this because we use OpenWebIf a lot.
Webif has been fixed, but you need to update to get the resolution, in the meantime don,t use it.
having said that the crash appears to be something totally different and is a missing system file …which is really bad news.
Is the image bootable?

aardvark5
15-02-23, 19:15
Webif has been fixed, but you need to update to get the resolution, in the meantime don,t use it.
having said that the crash appears to be something totally different and is a missing system file …which is really bad news.
Is the image bootable?

Yes just rebooted.

If it's missing off mine then surely it will be missing off everybody who has the same machine!!

Sorry to be a bit thick, when you say UPDATE I can only see 6.3.002 which is the one I've already got on.

twol
15-02-23, 19:27
Yes just rebooted.

If it's missing off mine then surely it will be missi ng off everybody who has the same machine!!

Sorry to be a bit thick, when you say UPDATE I can only see 6.3.002 which is the one I've already got on.

“ If it's missing off mine then surely it will be missing off everybody who has the same machine!!“ - No because you are the only lucky guy to see this - so I guess the box has crashed so many times the system is screwed up.
“ Sorry to be a bit thick, when you say UPDATE I can only see 6.3.002 which is the one I've already got on.“ - which why I said in the meantime don,t use it.
Normally I would provide a bypass, but the webif is much more complex, so you will have to wait untl the next release.

aardvark5
15-02-23, 19:30
“ If it's missing off mine then surely it will be missing off everybody who has the same machine!!“ - No because you are the only lucky guy to see this - so I guess the box has crashed so many times the system is screwed up.
“ Sorry to be a bit thick, when you say UPDATE I can only see 6.3.002 which is the one I've already got on.“ - which why I said in the meantime don,t use it.
Normally I would provide a bypass, but the webif is much more complex, so you will have to wait untl the next release.

Thanks TWOL, much appreciated

aardvark5
19-03-23, 15:59
I've been asked for an update on this.
I'd also been in contact with WOS because I was convinced there was something wrong with my receiver but the staff member asked if I'd tried another image so right after my last post I installed another image that was on the OpenVix Image download page and it's been excellent.
I went on holiday for 10 days and everything recorded, I have my NAS connected, IPTV and 4 Fire devices in the house connected to it via OpenWebIf and it hasn't hiccupped.
I will try OpenVix again because it looks much better.

Thanks to everybody who helped because I can now finally get rid of the TIVO box and Virgin.