PDA

View Full Version : [TIVIAR-ALPHA+] Recordings disappeared and disk showing full

Skytribe
08-01-23, 00:20
The recordings have all disappeared and the disk is showing full.

Hard disk model: ATA (ST1000LM049-2GH1)
Capacity: -1 MB free / 909.7 GB ("980 GB") total ()

cactikid
08-01-23, 00:54
Does storage list in the menu?

Was the storage device Initialized on box for use.

Put box into standby and power off and after a minute power back on and see if storage is listed and recordings visible

birdman
08-01-23, 03:25
Was the storage device Initialized on box for use.Presumably yes, if it had recordings on it.

Skytribe
09-01-23, 10:22
Does storage list in the menu?

Was the storage device Initialized on box for use.

Hiya

Yes the box was all working fine and then stopped. Will try un powering it from standby (well will get a family member to as I am not there at the moment, why do these things always break when you go away ;-) )

I had thought maybe time shift has been left on and filled the disk causing an issue.

Cheers

Marcus

cactikid
09-01-23, 11:55
Another thing to check if storing EPG is to where and not internal flash only USB or HDD.

I dont think i have ever used timeshift as never needed.

aardvark5
11-01-23, 12:26
I had this exact problem and posted a thread about it in the VU+ Uno4K group.
Using FTP I noticed that my hard drive had lost a folder that my recordings went into.
Over the next 2 weeks of re-initialising and starting again it did the same thing 4 times but started to act OK until Sunday when everything got wiped again.
Today I've fitted a new SSD drive so I'll see how that goes, it was suggested that my old drive could be on the way out.