PDA

View Full Version : OpenViX 6.3 Released! Support/discussion thread

Huevos
29-12-22, 12:52
Thread for questions about the new OpenViX version 6.3.

bellejt
29-12-22, 13:16
release notes ?

Huevos
29-12-22, 14:45
release notes ?This is the discussion thread. The release notes are in the sticky. https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?65693-OpenViX-6-3-Released!

Orlandox
29-12-22, 14:52
Hello,

'Help Screen' in english only. Anyway to solve this localization problem ?

Huevos
29-12-22, 14:56
I though you had already solved this with the recent commit. Will have to have a look.

You mean the Help Screen or the MessageBox text?

Orlandox
29-12-22, 15:08
Hello,

when you press 'Help' button twice ( you get 7 lines ). I just installed 6.3.001 to my other box (Vu+ Uno 4K SE) and used mo-to-po converter. Then searched text 'Help Screen' and it doesn't exist at that file so when system is creating mo-file from po-file, it is skipping those 7 lines. That is the problem ! When I save the po-file with Poedit it is okay and 'Help Screen' is in finnish.

msgid ""
"Help Screen\n"
"\n"
"Brief help information for buttons in your current context.\n"
"\n"
"Navigate up/down with UP/DOWN buttons and page up/down with LEFT/RIGHT. EXIT to return to the help screen. OK to perform the action described in the currently highlighted help.\n"
"\n"
"Other buttons will jump to the help for that button, if there is help.\n"
"\n"
"If an action is user-configurable, its help entry will be flagged (C)\n"
"\n"
"A highlight on the remote control image shows which button the help refers to. If more than one button performs the indicated function, more than one highlight will be shown. Text below the list indicates whether the function is for a long press of the button(s).\n"
"\n"
"The order and grouping of the help information list can be controlled using MENU>Setup>User Interface>Settings>Sort order for help screen."
msgstr ""
"Ohjenäyttö\n"
"\n"
"Nappäinten lyhyet ohjetiedot nykyisessä kontekstissäsi.\n"
"\n"
"Navigoi ylös/alas YLÖS/ALAS -näppäimillä ja sivu ylös/alas VASEN/OIKEA -näppäimillä. EXIT-näppäimellä paluu ohjenäytölle. OK-näppäimellä suoritetaan toiminto, joka on kuvattu korostetulla rivillä.\n"
"\n"
"Muilla näppäimillä hypätään kyseisen näppäimen ohjeeseen, jos sellainen on olemassa.\n"
"\n"
"Jos toiminto on käyttäjän määriteltävissä, sen merkkinä on (M)\n"
"\n"
"Korostus kaukosäätimen kuvassa näyttää mihin ohje viittaa. Jos useampi näppäin suorittaa korostetun toiminnon, niin usempi korostus näytetään. Teksti kuvan alla näyttää tarvitaanko näppäimen/näppäinten pitkä painallus.\n"
"\n"
"Ohjetietolistan järjestys ja ryhmittely voidaan määrittää kohdassa Päävalikko/Asetukset/Käyttöliittymä/Asetukset> Ohjenäytön lajittelujärjestys."

bellejt
29-12-22, 15:25
thx did not find it

maxben
29-12-22, 15:40
Any reason for this ?

root@mutant51:~# opkg install openvpnInstalling openvpn (2.5.8) on root.
Downloading http://www.openvix.co.uk/feeds/openvix/release/6.3/hd51/cortexa15hf-neon-vfpv4/openvpn_2.5.8-r0_cortexa15hf-neon-vfpv4.ipk.
Configuring openvpn.
Adding system startup for /etc/init.d/openvpn.
Starting openvpn: client.
depmod: WARNING: could not open modules.builtin.modinfo at /lib/modules/4.10.12: No such file or directory

BrianG61UK
29-12-22, 15:57
For oscam-latest running using Softcam Script the correct place for configuration files now seems to be /var/tuxbox/config/oscam-trunk/ rather than /var/tuxbox/config/oscam-latest/.
Is that correct?

Huevos
29-12-22, 17:28
Any reason for this ?

root@mutant51:~# opkg install openvpnInstalling openvpn (2.5.8) on root.
Downloading http://www.openvix.co.uk/feeds/openvix/release/6.3/hd51/cortexa15hf-neon-vfpv4/openvpn_2.5.8-r0_cortexa15hf-neon-vfpv4.ipk.
Configuring openvpn.
Starting openvpn: client.
depmod: WARNING: could not open modules.builtin.modinfo at /lib/modules/4.10.12: No such file or directory
What box is it? Does openvpn start?

twol
29-12-22, 17:34
For oscam-latest running using Softcam Script the correct place for configuration files now seems to be /var/tuxbox/config/oscam-trunk/ rather than /var/tuxbox/config/oscam-latest/.
Is that correct?

Should be the oscam you are using

BrianG61UK
29-12-22, 17:58
Should be the oscam you are using

I'm using oscam-latest.

The only option showing for Softcam Script is oscam-trunk.

maxben
29-12-22, 18:46
What box is it? Does openvpn start?

As it says HD51 and no it doesn't start.

twol
29-12-22, 18:50
I'm using oscam-latest.

The only option showing for Softcam Script is oscam-trunk.

I have just checked the oscam ipk,s and they are fine.
When you backup, do you have /etc/tuxbox/config selected ? - check with menu/choose files.
In the meantime if you remove & restore it should restore the script & config files- just backup the config files before you remove

Huevos
29-12-22, 18:58
Hello,

when you press 'Help' button twice ( you get 7 lines ). I just installed 6.3.001 to my other box (Vu+ Uno 4K SE) and used mo-to-po converter. Then searched text 'Help Screen' and it doesn't exist at that file so when system is creating mo-file from po-file, it is skipping those 7 lines. That is the problem ! When I save the po-file with Poedit it is okay and 'Help Screen' is in finnish.

msgid ""
"Help Screen\n"
"\n"
"Brief help information for buttons in your current context.\n"
"\n"
"Navigate up/down with UP/DOWN buttons and page up/down with LEFT/RIGHT. EXIT to return to the help screen. OK to perform the action described in the currently highlighted help.\n"
"\n"
"Other buttons will jump to the help for that button, if there is help.\n"
"\n"
"If an action is user-configurable, its help entry will be flagged (C)\n"
"\n"
"A highlight on the remote control image shows which button the help refers to. If more than one button performs the indicated function, more than one highlight will be shown. Text below the list indicates whether the function is for a long press of the button(s).\n"
"\n"
"The order and grouping of the help information list can be controlled using MENU>Setup>User Interface>Settings>Sort order for help screen."
msgstr ""
"Ohjenäyttö\n"
"\n"
"Nappäinten lyhyet ohjetiedot nykyisessä kontekstissäsi.\n"
"\n"
"Navigoi ylös/alas YLÖS/ALAS -näppäimillä ja sivu ylös/alas VASEN/OIKEA -näppäimillä. EXIT-näppäimellä paluu ohjenäytölle. OK-näppäimellä suoritetaan toiminto, joka on kuvattu korostetulla rivillä.\n"
"\n"
"Muilla näppäimillä hypätään kyseisen näppäimen ohjeeseen, jos sellainen on olemassa.\n"
"\n"
"Jos toiminto on käyttäjän määriteltävissä, sen merkkinä on (M)\n"
"\n"
"Korostus kaukosäätimen kuvassa näyttää mihin ohje viittaa. Jos useampi näppäin suorittaa korostetun toiminnon, niin usempi korostus näytetään. Teksti kuvan alla näyttää tarvitaanko näppäimen/näppäinten pitkä painallus.\n"
"\n"
"Ohjetietolistan järjestys ja ryhmittely voidaan määrittää kohdassa Päävalikko/Asetukset/Käyttöliittymä/Asetukset> Ohjenäytön lajittelujärjestys."

I just checked the *.po in the build and those strings are empty in the fi.po. In nl.po they are populated.
https://www.openvix.co.uk/feeds/openvix/release/6.3/vuultimo4k/vuultimo4k/enigma2-po_6.3+git26171+464bd86-r0_vuultimo4k.ipk

The po is in that file.

Looks like this:

msgid "Brief help information for buttons in your current context."
msgstr ""

No idea why you have got one big long string but that is not how it is, neither in HelpMenu.py nor in the *.po.

I have committed the current fi.po from the build. There are fuzzies and empty strings, which is maybe why there are problems, because this is the version the *.mo is based on.
https://github.com/OpenViX/enigma2/commit/9dc33716708e993e492862634946205432b39b08

Orlandox
29-12-22, 19:38
Thank you @Huevos,

I will check it, tweak it and then make a PR.

darog69
29-12-22, 19:48
Hello, initialization of the Cam CI module does not work correctly, Caid cannot be assigned.
Tuner VuUltimo 4k OpenViX 6.3x

Huevos
29-12-22, 20:06
Hello, initialization of the Cam CI module does not work correctly, Caid cannot be assigned.
Tuner VuUltimo 4k OpenViX 6.3x
And this was working in previous version? You need to provide more info, and the logs of it working properly in the previous version and not now.

darog69
29-12-22, 20:22
In OpenViX version 6.2.011 it doesn't work either

It is not possible to assign any Caid to module tasks
it should be like Open ATV 7.2

Huevos
29-12-22, 20:42
In OpenViX version 6.2.011 it doesn't work either

It is not possible to assign any Caid to module tasks
So when did you last have this working? What were using before.

darog69
29-12-22, 20:50
I use different images in multiboot and in others it works fine, in some you need to install the plugin: enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-ciplushelper
but in the new image I see that it is already implemented

Huevos
29-12-22, 21:15
I use different images in multiboot and in others it works fine, in some you need to install the plugin: enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-ciplushelper
but in the new image I see that it is already implemented
Which others? Is this card CI+?

darog69
29-12-22, 22:08
I wrote above that it works on Open ATV, it also works on Egami, OpenPLi. Besides, what does it matter where the image works, not enough that it doesn't work on OpenVix?
I will also ask which modules were tested before the build was released?

BrianG61UK
29-12-22, 22:40
I have just checked the oscam ipk,s and they are fine.
When you backup, do you have /etc/tuxbox/config selected ? - check with menu/choose files.
In the meantime if you remove & restore it should restore the script & config files- just backup the config files before you remove

Yes /etc/tuxbox/config is selected.

When I upgraded to 6.3 and restored my backup from 6.2.something /var/tuxbox/config/oscam-trunk/ just appeared in alongside my original /var/tuxbox/config/oscam-latest/ and oscam didn't work until I tried copying the files from /var/tuxbox/config/oscam-latest/ into /var/tuxbox/config/oscam-trunk/.

There were some files in the new /var/tuxbox/config/oscam-trunk/ but they were non functional for me.

twol
30-12-22, 09:09
I wrote above that it works on Open ATV, it also works on Egami, OpenPLi. Besides, what does it matter where the image works, not enough that it doesn't work on OpenVix?
I will also ask which modules were tested before the build was released?
So are you volunteering to be one of the testers??
Yes, it is tested throughout all the Dev builds, unlike some images that just produce nightly builds and wait for their users to find issues..
Knowing where it is working helps to define the issue.
So can you answer the question, is it a CI+ card?

darog69
30-12-22, 10:57
I'm not reporting this maliciously, but because I use this image like many other people and would like it to be complete.
Yes Tivusat Black card module CAM v.1.4 ECP.

Huevos
30-12-22, 13:49
I'm not reporting this maliciously, but because I use this image like many other people and would like it to be complete.
Yes Tivusat Black card module CAM v.1.4 ECP.
Please read the following:
https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?65583-CCCAM-does-not-work-after-a-power-failure&highlight=tivusat
https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?63333-Tivusat-Oscam&highlight=tivusat

darog69
30-12-22, 14:19
I'm not talking about the operation of the card in oscam, the card is in the Cam module, and the module is in the CI slot
The module is supposedly detected, but it doesn't work properly because Caid cannot be assigned to its tasks.
The card itself does not work in oscam

smipx
30-12-22, 16:39
does anyone know if the following plugins and skin work with 6.3 (python3)?
I would not want to take all the time to upgrade to it only to find I have to reflash 6.2 as I will not want to be without these two plugins and one skin that are crucial to me. And... before anyone tells me "but you can do this or you can do that or you can use this skin or that skin".... These are my chosen plugins and I would rather stay on 6.2 forever over stoping using them :-) Just saying :-) :-)

Plugin: movie organisor
Plugin: EPGRefresh
Skin: Vix BMC 1080 Confluence

Thanks. Paul

abu baniaz
30-12-22, 16:45
does anyone know if the following plugins and skin work with 6.3 (python3)?
I would not want to take all the time to upgrade to it only to find I have to reflash 6.2 as I will not want to be without these two plugins and one skin that are crucial to me. And... before anyone tells me "but you can do this or you can do that or you can use this skin or that skin".... These are my chosen plugins and I would rather stay on 6.2 forever over stoping using them :-) Just saying :-) :-)

Plugin: movie organisor
Plugin: EPGRefresh
Skin: Vix BMC 1080 Confluence

Thanks. Paul

6.2 and 6.3 are both python 3 images. Just minor python version update. I think 3.10 to 3.11

There is a python 3 version of Movie organisor. I presume you have it already.
The other two are fine too.

smipx
30-12-22, 16:57
Hi Abu,

thanks for that. I just wanted to be sure. the version of Movie organiser I have is 3.60
I didn't mean to come across as arrogant about the plugins and skin but I just know someone will try to persuade me to use alternatives. Been around that loop many times and I wanted to pre-empt it :-)))

abu baniaz
30-12-22, 17:12
Please wait for definitive answer about Movie Organisor first.

smipx
30-12-22, 17:20
Please wait for definitive answer about Movie Organisor first.

Confused now. you said movie Organisor was already python 3 and I am happily using 3.60 of it on 6.2.0.11 (which you also said is Python 3). What needs a definitive answer??

samh54
30-12-22, 18:06
OPENVIX and xtream UI.

Does openvix plugin has already got xtream ui plugin that can just set up?

Huevos
30-12-22, 21:18
Confused now. you said movie Organisor was already python 3 and I am happily using 3.60 of it on 6.2.0.11 (which you also said is Python 3). What needs a definitive answer??So far every plugin that was working in 6.2 works in 6.3 as well.

Huevos
30-12-22, 21:27
OPENVIX and xtream UI.

Does openvix plugin has already got xtream ui plugin that can just set up?Not sure which plugin you are talking about. If it is kiddac's xtream IPTV plugin it is on our feeds and works.

RoarP
02-01-23, 15:48
Trying to install Kodi on a fresh and clean install on my Duo4KSE, but it fail with this error message :

*calculate_dependencies_for : Cannot satisfy the following dependencies for enigma2-pugin-extensions-kodi:
* kodi-addon-pvr-dvblink
* kodi-addon-pvr-dvbviewer
* kodi-addon-pvr-iptvsimple
* kodi-addon-pvr-nextpvr
* kodi-addon-pvr-vbox
* kodi-addon-pvr-vuplus
* kodi-addon-pvr-wmc
virtual/kodi
*opkg_solver_install: Cannot install package enigma2-plugin-extensions-kodi

Huevos
02-01-23, 23:26
Trying to install Kodi on a fresh and clean install on my Duo4KSE, but it fail with this error message :

*calculate_dependencies_for : Cannot satisfy the following dependencies for enigma2-pugin-extensions-kodi:
* kodi-addon-pvr-dvblink
* kodi-addon-pvr-dvbviewer
* kodi-addon-pvr-iptvsimple
* kodi-addon-pvr-nextpvr
* kodi-addon-pvr-vbox
* kodi-addon-pvr-vuplus
* kodi-addon-pvr-wmc
virtual/kodi
*opkg_solver_install: Cannot install package enigma2-plugin-extensions-kodi

Thanks, we have raised a bug report for this.

lme
11-01-23, 07:09
where can i find "Flash Image" option for osmio4kplus with vix 6.3 ?
I need this option to install other image in different slot.

abu baniaz
11-01-23, 08:55
We don't have "flash image" or "flash online" on Vix. We have image Manager which will allow you to download and flash the image into your chosen partition.

Blue, Vix, Image Manager

Huevos
11-01-23, 10:06
Standard and Recovery images are here: https://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php/downloads/edision-images-2-2/edision-os-mio-4k-plus/

lme
11-01-23, 17:27
We don't have "flash image" or "flash online" on Vix. We have image Manager which will allow you to download and flash the image into your chosen partition.

Blue, Vix, Image Manager

I know that, but the option is limited to few images:

I'm looking to install purE2 image, and/or others....

abu baniaz
11-01-23, 17:38
Sorry, I thought I answered what was asked. There was no mention of downloading in your post. Sorry. "I need this option to install other image in different slot."

Our image manager does not allow you to download as many other images as ATV or PureVision. You can still flash the image using image manager. Download the image you want to flash, no need to unzip it. Transfer zipped image to
/media/hdd/imagebackups
or
/media/usb/imagebackups

Downloading and flashing are two different process. As you have the image already, you can then flash it.

aardvark5
12-01-23, 18:15
Yesterday after some great advice from fellow members I installed the new 6.3, everything is tickety boo except for one thing and bugger me if I can't find a parameter for it.

I use OpenWebIf a lot, probably 99% of the time and with both my machines and the particular version of OpenWebIf my remote Control on my browser screen has looked exactly like the one that came with the unit.
What I'm seeing now is a horrible bunch of boxes so does anybody know how I get back to the proper looking remote control please?

So an example of what I used to see on the left and what I see now.

twol
12-01-23, 19:11
Yesterday after some great advice from fellow members I installed the new 6.3, everything is tickety boo except for one thing and bugger me if I can't find a parameter for it.

I use OpenWebIf a lot, probably 99% of the time and with both my machines and the particular version of OpenWebIf my remote Control on my browser screen has looked exactly like the one that came with the unit.
What I'm seeing now is a horrible bunch of boxes so does anybody know how I get back to the proper looking remote control please?

So an example of what I used to see on the left and what I see now.

Thats the new web interface. You a have virtual,remote with all the keys needed

aardvark5
12-01-23, 19:23
Thats the new web interface. You a have virtual,remote with all the keys needed

But if all the other versions of OpenVIX were showing me a real remote why is this one showing an ugly version?
Surely that would be a feature that would be kept!

twol
12-01-23, 19:51
But if all the other versions of OpenVIX were showing me a real remote why is this one showing an ugly version?
Surely that would be a feature that would be kept!

We didn,t write the new webif ….. you would have to ask the author!

aardvark5
12-01-23, 20:30
Thanks Twol, now I get it

cactikid
12-01-23, 21:23
I got caught out also as you expand the photo to show the remote , above button 3 to expand it as like the real remote

aardvark5
12-01-23, 23:08
I got caught out also as you expand the photo to show the remote , above button 3 to expand it as like the real remote

Mine is still rectangular boxes like in the picture I posted however I now understand it is an OpenWebIf issue.
I've either got a smaller rectangular boxes remote or larger rectangular boxes, I want a real looking remote like on all the other versions I've had.
I want mine to look like the last one

cactikid
13-01-23, 02:40
Just checked my Zgemma as messing on the slots and now see what you have with a small box and expanded box. This is on the latest Image 6.3

I rebooted box and changed image slot and have my remote back on an earlier image version.

aardvark5
13-01-23, 11:50
Just checked my Zgemma as messing on the slots and now see what you have with a small box and expanded box. This is on the latest Image 6.3

I rebooted box and changed image slot and have my remote back on an earlier image version.

Thanks for that but I don't want to go up the route of multi-images, this box is mainly used by my wife so I want to make it straight forward as possible.
What I have done is unzipped one of my full backups, found the OpenWebIf folder and looked for the real remote control image with no luck but I've found the plain ones.
If I'd found it I was going to FTP it into the new image but I now have no clue where the real image is sitting on my old backup if it isn't in the OpenWebIf folder.

twol
13-01-23, 12:21
Thanks for that but I don't want to go up the route of multi-images, this box is mainly used by my wife so I want to make it straight forward as possible.
What I have done is unzipped one of my full backups, found the OpenWebIf folder and looked for the real remote control image with no luck but I've found the plain ones.
If I'd found it I was going to FTP it into the new image but I now have no clue where the real image is sitting on my old backup if it isn't in the OpenWebIf folder.
Its not in that folder and I am sorry to say that the code for remotes is quite convoluted, so I don't think there is any easy way around this for users.

aardvark5
13-01-23, 12:38
Its not in that folder and I am sorry to say that the code for remotes is quite convoluted, so I don't think there is any easy way around this for users.

As you can see OpenWebIf knows I have a Uno4K and the normal remote is in there,
I'm getting used to the remote now :)

cactikid
13-01-23, 13:20
As you can see OpenWebIf knows I have a Uno4K and the normal remote is in there,
I'm getting used to the remote now :)

What image is on the Uno4K out of interest

aardvark5
13-01-23, 13:31
This latest image

Huevos
13-01-23, 14:09
Mine is still rectangular boxes like in the picture I posted however I now understand it is an OpenWebIf issue.
I've either got a smaller rectangular boxes remote or larger rectangular boxes, I want a real looking remote like on all the other versions I've had.
I want mine to look like the last oneThe reason this was changed is because it relies on all 180 remotes that oe-alliance support to be mapped correctly. Many are not.

If you are not happy about this change please open an issue on OWI repo.
https://github.com/oe-alliance/OpenWebif/issues

aardvark5
13-01-23, 16:34
The reason this was changed is because it relies on all 180 remotes that oe-alliance support to be mapped correctly. Many are not.

If you are not happy about this change please open an issue on OWI repo.
https://github.com/oe-alliance/OpenWebif/issues

It isn't a big deal, I'm getting used to the horrible remote now.
Thanks though.

Orlandox
14-01-23, 09:10
Hello,

HbbTV is not working anymore. When pressing long Red button it opens it in the background, but nothing can be seen. Only Exit button works.

< 7369.8702> 10:04:00.5471 [InfoBarGenerics] Key: 398 (Long) KeyID='KEY_RED' Binding='('RED',)'.
unknown client
< 7371.1398> 10:04:01.8167 [Skin] Parsing embedded skin '<embedded-in-HbbTVWindow>'.
< 7371.1404> 10:04:01.8173 [Skin] Processing screen '<embedded-in-HbbTVWindow>', position=(0, 0), size=(1280 x 720) for module 'HbbTVWindow'.
killall: browser: no process killed
< 7371.1704> 10:04:01.8473 [Skin] Processing screen 'SimpleSummary' from list 'HbbTVWindowSummary, HbbTVWindow_summary, SimpleSummary, ScreenSummary', position=(0, 0), size=(800 x 480) for module 'ScreenSummary'.

Huevos
14-01-23, 18:34
Since when? When was this last working?

Orlandox
14-01-23, 20:13
Since when? When was this last working?

Good question, I will try to find it out tomorrow.

stash36
15-01-23, 15:30
Hi, having trouble getting openvpn to work.
Assume should still be using vpnmanager 1.1.7?

When reinstalled after flash to 6.3.001 it tries to connect but seems to suggest wrong credentials, login error. Account still working on other boxes.
Then I updated to 6.3.002 and doesnt have permissions to install. Not sure whats going on.

Regressed back to 6.2.011 and vpn works fine.

dsayers
15-01-23, 15:37
Hi, having trouble getting openvpn to work.
Assume should still be using vpnmanager 1.1.7?

When reinstalled after flash to 6.3.001 it tries to connect but seems to suggest wrong credentials, login error. Account still working on other boxes.
Then I updated to 6.3.002 and doesnt have permissions to install. Not sure whats going on.

Regressed back to 6.2.011 and vpn works fine.

Working here on vix 6.3.002 using vu uno4k

Are you using a clean flash or settings restore?

Edit

Can you also check if there is a log in etc/openvpn

stash36
15-01-23, 16:19
Thanks dsayers. Flashed and then a settings restore, which didnt seem to work (restore from 6.2.011 backup).
Reinstalled the IPK from that point which may be my problem, will try without the restore.
openvpn is not creating an error log either.
Will have another play later.

stash36
15-01-23, 17:42

Clean reflash, no restore. 6.3.002, Vu Solo2. Try and install openvpn from the /tmp folder and get the attached erros.
Any ideas?

dsayers
15-01-23, 18:34

Clean reflash, no restore. 6.3.002, Vu Solo2. Try and install openvpn from the /tmp folder and get the attached erros.
Any ideas?

Try command line

opkg update

opkg install /tmp/*.ipk

See if it shows any errors

You can also try to install openvpn via network menu

maxben
15-01-23, 22:08
How to exclude openvpn from being updated when doing an image update, is there a list somewhere ?

malcolmp
15-01-23, 22:53
Try command line

opkg update

opkg install /tmp/*.ipk

See if it shows any errors

You can also try to install openvpn via network menu

Hi, I'm having problems here as well. OpenVPN seems to have disappeared, and when trying to install it's not showing, except it says it's in "User installed plugins" Tried your script

dsayers
15-01-23, 23:11
What happens when trying opkg install openvpn

malcolmp
15-01-23, 23:23
What happens when trying opkg install openvpn

To tell the truth, I'm not to sure how to.
Do I have to do this with dcc/putty?

opkg update

then

opkg install /tmp/*.ipk

dsayers
15-01-23, 23:36
To tell the truth, I'm not to sure how to.
Do I have to do this with dcc/putty?

opkg update

then

opkg install /tmp/*.ipk

With putty just copy and paste

opkg install openvpn

malcolmp
15-01-23, 23:44
With putty just copy and paste

opkg install openvpnroot@gbue4k:~# opkg install openvpn

Done that, below is the message

Package openvpn (2.5.8-r0) installed in root is up to date.
root@gbue4k:~#

goRt
16-01-23, 09:33
I have a media less VuSolo4k which I use a network share to
I can record/playback/delete recordings without issue, the epg is also cached there without issue

Since 6.3.001 and .002 I am unable to take daily backups to the share "your drive may need formatting" I also can't see existing backups. Image backups are OK

Thanks

twol
16-01-23, 11:22
I have a media less VuSolo4k which I use a network share to
I can record/playback/delete recordings without issue, the epg is also cached there without issue

Since 6.3.001 and .002 I am unable to take daily backups to the share "your drive may need formatting" I also can't see existing backups. Image backups are OK

Thanks
When in backupmanager and imagemanager press menu and check where the files are stored…. if not as expected change teh setting.
Otherwise post debug log

dsayers
16-01-23, 15:22
root@gbue4k:~# opkg install openvpn

Done that, below is the message

Package openvpn (2.5.8-r0) installed in root is up to date.
root@gbue4k:~#

Sorry it might be better for users to start threads as there seems to be three users with different errors to vpns. One says that when installing ipk it gives dependency issues that openvpn and a few modules can't be found.

I'm not sure what your issue is. If you're issue is VPN manager not installing you can try

opkg install https://github.com/davesayers2014/OpenVPN/blob/PY3/enigma2-plugin-extensions-vpnmanager_1.1.7-py3_all.ipk?raw=true

Reboot after installing

dsayers
16-01-23, 16:28
For users with VPN issues I have just done a clean flash of vix 6.3.002 with no settings restore to see if I receive any errors

First I setup password in network menu

Then issued command

opkg install https://github.com/davesayers2014/OpenVPN/blob/PY3/enigma2-plugin-extensions-vpnmanager_1.1.7-py3_all.ipk?raw=true

Output

root@vuuno4k:~# opkg install https://github.com/davesayers2014/OpenVPN/blob/PY3/enigma2-plugin-extensions-vpnmanager_1.1.7-py3_all.ipk?raw=true
Downloading https://github.com/davesayers2014/OpenVPN/blob/PY3/enigma2-plugin-extensions-vpnmanager_1.1.7-py3_all.ipk?raw=true.
Breaking circular dependency on python3-beautifulsoup4 for python3-html5lib.
Breaking circular dependency on python3-beautifulsoup4 for python3-soupsieve.
Installing openvpn (2.5.8) on root.
Downloading http://www.openvix.co.uk/feeds/openvix/release/6.3/vuuno4k/cortexa15hf-neon-vfpv4/openvpn_2.5.8-r0_cortexa15hf-neon-vfpv4.ipk.
Installing kernel-module-tun-3.14.28-1.12 (3.14.28-oea4.2) on root.
Downloading http://www.openvix.co.uk/feeds/openvix/release/6.3/vuuno4k/vuuno4k/kernel-module-tun-3.14.28-1.12_3.14.28-oea4.2-r4_vuuno4k.ipk.
Installing openresolv (3.7.3) on root.
Downloading http://www.openvix.co.uk/feeds/openvix/release/6.3/vuuno4k/all/openresolv_3.7.3-r0_all.ipk.
Installing libxslt (1.1.37) on root.
Downloading http://www.openvix.co.uk/feeds/openvix/release/6.3/vuuno4k/cortexa15hf-neon-vfpv4/libxslt_1.1.37-r0_cortexa15hf-neon-vfpv4.ipk.
Installing python3-cssselect (1.1.0) on root.
Downloading http://www.openvix.co.uk/feeds/openvix/release/6.3/vuuno4k/cortexa15hf-neon-vfpv4/python3-cssselect_1.1.0-r0_cortexa15hf-neon-vfpv4.ipk.Installing python3-lxml (4.9.1) on root.
Downloading http://www.openvix.co.uk/feeds/openvix/release/6.3/vuuno4k/cortexa15hf-neon-vfpv4/python3-lxml_4.9.1-r0_cortexa15hf-neon-vfpv4.ipk.
Installing python3-webencodings (0.5.1) on root.
Downloading http://www.openvix.co.uk/feeds/openvix/release/6.3/vuuno4k/cortexa15hf-neon-vfpv4/python3-webencodings_0.5.1-r0_cortexa15hf-neon-vfpv4.ipk.
Installing python3-html5lib (1.1) on root.
Downloading http://www.openvix.co.uk/feeds/openvix/release/6.3/vuuno4k/cortexa15hf-neon-vfpv4/python3-html5lib_1.1-r0_cortexa15hf-neon-vfpv4.ipk.
Installing python3-beautifulsoup4 (4.11.1) on root.
Downloading http://www.openvix.co.uk/feeds/openvix/release/6.3/vuuno4k/cortexa15hf-neon-vfpv4/python3-beautifulsoup4_4.11.1-r0_cortexa15hf-neon-vfpv4.ipk.
Installing python3-soupsieve (2.3.2.post1) on root.
Downloading http://www.openvix.co.uk/feeds/openvix/release/6.3/vuuno4k/cortexa15hf-neon-vfpv4/python3-soupsieve_2.3.2.post1-r0_cortexa15hf-neon-vfpv4.ipk.
Installing enigma2-plugin-extensions-vpnmanager (1.1.7) on root.
Configuring libxslt.
Configuring python3-cssselect.
Configuring python3-lxml.
Configuring python3-webencodings.
Configuring python3-html5lib.
Configuring python3-beautifulsoup4.
Configuring python3-soupsieve.
Configuring kernel-module-tun-3.14.28-1.12.
Configuring openvpn.
Starting openvpn:.
Configuring openresolv.
Configuring enigma2-plugin-extensions-vpnmanager.
depmod: WARNING: could not open modules.builtin.modinfo at /lib/modules/3.14.28-1.12: No such file or directory

I have in my VPN directory pass.file with my VPN username and password

Opened VPN manager and pressed menu. Set all configs in one folder yes

Then set location for my config files and exited then chose a VPN and VPN started

malcolmp
16-01-23, 16:45
Thanks. still not working

goRt
16-01-23, 18:26
When in backupmanager and imagemanager press menu and check where the files are stored…. if not as expected change teh setting.
Otherwise post debug logThanks
There are 2 identical entries in there, when I select the inactive version everything is now good

Sent from my IN2013 using Tapatalk

stash36
16-01-23, 20:22
Thanks for replies so far.
I tried install from cmd line and received same errors.

Also just tried again with clean flash off 6.3.002 with no restore and same again...

root@vu-living:~# opkg install https://github.com/davesayers2014/OpenVPN/blob/PY3/enigma2-plugin-extensions-vpnmanager_1.1.7-py3_all.ipk?raw=true
Downloading https://github.com/davesayers2014/OpenVPN/blob/PY3/enigma2-plugin-extensions-vpnmanager_1.1.7-py3_all.ipk?raw=true.
* calculate_dependencies_for: Cannot satisfy the following dependencies for enigma2-plugin-extensions-vpnmanager:
* openresolv *
* opkg_solver_install: Cannot install package enigma2-plugin-extensions-vpnmanager.

If I try and install from the network menu, it pauses a bit then nothing happens, no log created. Suspect the same error is occuring but not written to screen or log.
As I said, if I regress to 6.2.011 it will install vpn without complaint.

dsayers
16-01-23, 20:25
So what happens when trying

opkg install openresolv

stash36
16-01-23, 20:36
root@vusolo2:/# opkg install openresolv
Couldn't find anything to satisfy 'openresolv'.
Unknown package 'openresolv'.
* opkg_solver_install: Cannot install package openresolv.
root@vusolo2:/#

dsayers
16-01-23, 20:42
So possibly a feed issue on different boxes. I'm not sure

Someone needs to try to install openresolv on a vu solo2 to see if they get the same

stash36
16-01-23, 20:54
I have a Zero as well but don't want to try that until I've sorted this!

dsayers
16-01-23, 21:04
I have a Zero as well but don't want to try that until I've sorted this!

Probably not the correct way to do it but a hack till a solution is found

Please make a backup incase of issues

This is from vuuno4k feeds but it's an all ipk so may work

opkg install http://www.openvix.co.uk/feeds/openvix/release/6.3/vuuno4k/all/openresolv_3.7.3-r0_all.ipk

Put VPN manager ipk in tmp then

opkg install /tmp/*.ipk

See if that works

stash36
16-01-23, 21:14
Thank you. Looks like it errored at the end....

root@vu-living:/# opkg install http://www.openvix.co.uk/feeds/openvix/release/6.3/vuuno4k/all/openresolv_3.7.3-r0_all.ipk
Downloading http://www.openvix.co.uk/feeds/openvix/release/6.3/vuuno4k/all/openresolv_3.7.3-r0_all.ipk.
Installing openresolv (3.7.3) on root.
Configuring openresolv.
root@vu-living:/# opkg install --force-depends /tmp/*.ipk
Breaking circular dependency on python3-beautifulsoup4 for python3-html5lib.
Breaking circular dependency on python3-beautifulsoup4 for python3-soupsieve.
Installing openvpn (2.5.8) on root.
Downloading http://www.openvix.co.uk/feeds/openvix/release/6.3/vusolo2/mips32el/openvpn_2.5.8-r0_mips32el.ipk.
Installing kernel-module-tun-3.13.5 (3.13.5-oea4.3) on root.
Downloading http://www.openvix.co.uk/feeds/openvix/release/6.3/vusolo2/vusolo2/kernel-module-tun-3.13.5_3.13.5-oea4.3-r5_vusolo2.ipk.
Installing libxslt (1.1.37) on root.
Downloading http://www.openvix.co.uk/feeds/openvix/release/6.3/vusolo2/mips32el/libxslt_1.1.37-r0_mips32el.ipk.
Installing python3-cssselect (1.1.0) on root.
Downloading http://www.openvix.co.uk/feeds/openvix/release/6.3/vusolo2/mips32el/python3-cssselect_1.1.0-r0_mips32el.ipk.
Installing python3-lxml (4.9.1) on root.
Downloading http://www.openvix.co.uk/feeds/openvix/release/6.3/vusolo2/mips32el/python3-lxml_4.9.1-r0_mips32el.ipk.
Installing python3-webencodings (0.5.1) on root.
Downloading http://www.openvix.co.uk/feeds/openvix/release/6.3/vusolo2/mips32el/python3-webencodings_0.5.1-r0_mips32el.ipk.
Installing python3-html5lib (1.1) on root.
Downloading http://www.openvix.co.uk/feeds/openvix/release/6.3/vusolo2/mips32el/python3-html5lib_1.1-r0_mips32el.ipk.
Installing python3-beautifulsoup4 (4.11.1) on root.
Downloading http://www.openvix.co.uk/feeds/openvix/release/6.3/vusolo2/mips32el/python3-beautifulsoup4_4.11.1-r0_mips32el.ipk.
Installing python3-soupsieve (2.3.2.post1) on root.
Downloading http://www.openvix.co.uk/feeds/openvix/release/6.3/vusolo2/mips32el/python3-soupsieve_2.3.2.post1-r0_mips32el.ipk.
Installing enigma2-plugin-extensions-vpnmanager (1.1.7) on root.
Configuring libxslt.
Configuring python3-cssselect.
Configuring python3-lxml.
Configuring python3-webencodings.
Configuring python3-html5lib.
Configuring python3-beautifulsoup4.
Configuring python3-soupsieve.
Configuring kernel-module-tun-3.13.5.
Configuring openvpn.
Starting openvpn:.
Configuring enigma2-plugin-extensions-vpnmanager.
depmod: WARNING: could not open modules.builtin.modinfo at /lib/modules/3.13.5: No such file or directory
root@vu-living:/#

From there I have rebooted, and vpnmanager is installed, but wont start a connection, gives "Login Error: VERIFY ERROR"

dsayers
16-01-23, 21:20
I get similar warnings at the end. Check username and password is correct in etc/openvpn/pass.file

stash36
16-01-23, 21:23
Yeah credentials are unchanged mate. Still working on Zero and if i regress to 62.011 it will work. Thanks for the help, I'll come back to it another day.

dsayers
16-01-23, 21:25
Yeah credentials are unchanged mate. Still working on Zero and if i regress to 62.011 it will work. Thanks for the help, I'll come back to it another day.

Have you checked if your VPN provider has updated VPN configs for different openvpn versions?

stash36
16-01-23, 21:28
No but its the same openvpn version, 1,1,7?

Cant be affected by DNS servers can it? I'm using standard google 8888 and 8844?

dsayers
16-01-23, 21:29
No but its the same openvpn version, 1,1,7?

I meant openvpn on the box not VPN manager currently openvpn_2.5.8

stash36
16-01-23, 21:32
Ah ok, I'll reach out. Thank you.

malcolmp
16-01-23, 21:39
Probably not the correct way to do it but a hack till a solution is found

Please make a backup incase of issues

This is from vuuno4k feeds but it's an all ipk so may work

opkg install http://www.openvix.co.uk/feeds/openvix/release/6.3/vuuno4k/all/openresolv_3.7.3-r0_all.ipk

Put VPN manager ipk in tmp then

opkg install /tmp/*.ipk

See if that works

Hi.

Openvix 6.3.002, Gigablue UHD UE 4K here.
a
Just to confirm installed instructions above, and VPN Manager and OpenVPN is working OK for with PureVPN, thanks.

Zdrudge
05-03-23, 19:23
I'm currently running v6.0.008. The instructions don't indicate if it's possible to update directly to the latest version. Is it? I tried today and it didn't go well, so I reverted to the previous version.

I had difficulty with the plugins: CrossEPG Downloader, EPG-Importer, IMDb search, IMDb setup, Media Scanner, OpenWebif, Picture player installed.

The python script for listing plugins* didn't run (the script needed parentheses added to the print commands), then when it did run it didn't produce any output. I couldn't see that CrossEPG Downloader was available for installation and stopped at that point.

*Step 8 here: https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?47588-Flashing-Settings-backup-and-Restores

Any advice? Thanks

Zdrudge
05-03-23, 20:02
I forgot to mention: I'm using a Zgemma H7S.

Willo3092
05-03-23, 20:07
You should be fine doing a settings backup and restore to the new image.
If you flash ViX 6.3.003 to a different partition using image manager you will be able to boot back into your existing image if it goes wrong.

I think the pluginslist.py script is python 2 so probably won't work now.

abu baniaz
05-03-23, 20:34
There is no need for you to backup things manually. That section was there a long time ago when some things were not compatible. I will edit it, to make it clearer.

As above, a settings backup (as a default, this is done when you perform a software update or flash using Image Manager)
You can't perform a software update, you must install/flash 6.3. You don't have to go through the image numbers, flash most recent one.

You can install CrossEPG downloader if you want.

gooner690
28-03-23, 16:42
I have a WiFi card in the back of my TM nano M3. I have installed the RTL8192CU driver then unplugged the ethernet cable and rebooted the box but I cannot choose my WiFi device as there is no network adapters menu anywhere for me to do so. Therefore I cannot run my box off the WiFi but only through the LAN cable. Please can you correct this?

nunigaia
29-03-23, 10:47
OpenVix 6.3.004 ( release ) and with OpenBh 5.2.004 ( release ) - issue.

I have open an issue under openvix git enigma2 section --> https://github.com/OpenViX/enigma2/issues/863

Anyone from dev´s can take a look to it, please? ;)

best regards
nunigaia

nunigaia
29-03-23, 16:57
OpenVix 6.3.004 ( release ) and with OpenBh 5.2.004 ( release ) - issue.

I have open an issue under openvix git enigma2 section --> https://github.com/OpenViX/enigma2/issues/863

Anyone from dev´s can take a look to it, please? ;)

best regards
nunigaia

It should be fixed after this commit! ( Just tested it now ( after updating image ) running OpenBh 5.2.004 with the lastest update )

So, I will close the issue opened! https://github.com/OpenViX/enigma2/issues/863

thanks @Huevos and @Dimitarcc for the fix!

best regards
nunigaia