PDA

View Full Version : Problems with YPbPr output with PLi Images

cotwj1
24-05-10, 12:15
Anyone noticed that there seems to be a problem with the YPbPr with the PLi images, yet it's fine with DreamElite?

Is there a work around so the YPbPr video output looks like it should do rather than being very pink?

Ta

Sicilian
24-05-10, 12:18
Have you updated your OpenPLi to latest? Press blue button > Software Management > Software update.

Cant say I've noticed as I've always used HDMI, but the above might be worth a shot. Also double check your A/V settings.

grtmoby
24-05-10, 12:25
being very pink may indicate an error with one of the cables or input/output sockets. I'd recommend switching the cables (don't stick to the color guidance) and see if it makes any difference in the image or not. If it did, then a cable is damaged...

cotwj1
24-05-10, 13:33
Thanks for the advice. I used the latest file - OpenPLi-unstable-vuduo-20100524_usb.zip, but also double checked by using the software management update. The initial screen always appears fine and then after a few seconds once the os has loaded it turns pink. I've doubled checked the cables and no problem. I think it has to be down to OpenPL as with the DreamElite offering I don't get these problems. Back to DreamElite I'm guessing until the bug is fixed :-(

Thanks

Sicilian
24-05-10, 13:35
Thanks for the advice. I used the latest file - OpenPLi-unstable-vuduo-20100524_usb.zip, but also double checked by using the software management update. The initial screen always appears fine and then after a few seconds once the os has loaded it turns pink. I've doubled checked the cables and no problem. I think it has to be down to OpenPL as with the DreamElite offering I don't get these problems. Back to DreamElite I'm guessing until the bug is fixed :-(

Thanks

Have you checked the A/V settings in Menu > System > A/V settings?

cotwj1
24-05-10, 13:41
Yes I've played around with the settings in A/V settings in Menu > System > A/V settings, but still no luck. Strange one - as the system loads ok and then after a few seconds turns pink, which makes me think it's a software issue (plus it works ok with DreamElite).

Thanks for your help.

grtmoby
24-05-10, 13:44
is this happening with u using the images at its basic form with no addons or plugins installed activated. if not, try it plain and see....

Sicilian
24-05-10, 13:44
Might be worth reporting the issue to the OpenPLi forums: -

http://www.pli-images.org/forum/viewforum.php?forum_id=61

cotwj1
24-05-10, 13:48
Yep - no additions, just in it's very basic form. Well installed, but then I haven't disabled any of the plugins from the basic installation. I see the link below - so I will report it there and see if they can work their magic - thanks.