PDA

View Full Version : [GiGaBlue UHD QUAD 4K] Issues Flashing New Image

CRMS
19-12-22, 18:11
Trying to update to 6.2.011 and have 2 issues:

1. When box tried to restore the settings from the backed up image on the internal HDD, I got a message that settings couldn't be restored as there was no network.
Network settings hadn't been touched and not sure why a network was required anyway as the back up was on the HDD.

2. After restablishing network, I then get a message:

Some plugins are not available:
Extensions/StartupToStandby (Missing parentheses in call to 'print'.
Did you mean print(...)? (plugin.py, line 12))

Searching the plugins, and SToS seems to have disappeared??

I assume from all the above, that a network is needed for the restore to be completed properly??

Further digging and I ended up in a familiar topic https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?63922-startup-to-standby

So I've posted about this issue there.

And back to 5.4.016

cactikid
19-12-22, 18:51
Thinking old stuff on Python 2 wont work on new images needing Python 3.

Mostly down to developers not upgrading their old stuff.

That network error is funny as it has an internal hdd

twol
19-12-22, 20:43
Trying to update to 6.2.011 and have 2 issues:

1. When box tried to restore the settings from the backed up image on the internal HDD, I got a message that settings couldn't be restored as there was no network.
Network settings hadn't been touched and not sure why a network was required anyway as the back up was on the HDD.

2. After restablishing network, I then get a message:

Some plugins are not available:
Extensions/StartupToStandby (Missing parentheses in call to 'print'.
Did you mean print(...)? (plugin.py, line 12))

Searching the plugins, and SToS seems to have disappeared??

I assume from all the above, that a network is needed for the restore to be completed properly??

Further digging and I ended up in a familiar topic https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?63922-startup-to-standby

So I've posted about this issue there.

And back to 5.4.016

No network - unable to restore plugins.
Also startup to standby is a plugin that has been reworked for python 3 and is in the python 3 image feeds and loads correctly.

Joe_90
20-12-22, 18:17
@CRMS - just for clarity/explanation - when you flash (not update) a new image, the First Install Wizard (FIW) detects that you have an available settings file available and asks if you wish to restore it. The settings are restored immediately, but the list of plugins to restore requires that you have an available network connection so that it can download the latest versions. This is fine if you have a hard-wired ethernet link which is already active. However, if you use wifi, the Access Point details and password etc. are not active yet so the updated plugins cannot be restored. After the reboot which follows the settings restore, the wifi details are now active and you can proceed with running the backup restore again, this time choosing not to restore settings. This will then download the latest plugin versions from the repository.