PDA

View Full Version : Zgemma H9.2H SE Factory reset

mr.raw
15-12-22, 18:52
I am trying to reset this box to total factory.
tried a number of methods but can't for the life of me get it to reset like new.

I can flash images in multi boot no problem. The andriod partition won't boot i notice.

Any pointers lads?

I've tried the openatv-7.1-zgemmah92hse-20221214_recovery_emmc plus others.
2g usb and a 16gb usb.

Spent ages on this and although the box is working i am going to sell it and want it from factory settings wise.
Thanks

twol
15-12-22, 19:02
I am trying to reset this box to total factory.
tried a number of methods but can't for the life of me get it to reset like new.

I can flash images in multi boot no problem. The andriod partition won't boot i notice.

Any pointers lads?

I've tried the openatv-7.1-zgemmah92hse-20221214_recovery_emmc plus others.
2g usb and a 16gb usb.

Spent ages on this and although the box is working i am going to sell it and want it from factory settings wise.
Thanks
Naive question, but did you download the android image and flash it?

mr.raw
15-12-22, 19:04
Naive question, but did you download the android image and flash it?

Ummmmm. I thought the recovery would have it. I will now go and hunt the Android image lol.

mr.raw
15-12-22, 20:45
Managed to re install android. Works on apart from cannot get Netflix to run, but the aim was to get back to Factory.
No restore method has wiped any of the partitions or images. I've had to remove them manually.

At least it's done :)

twol
15-12-22, 20:51
Managed to re install android. Works on apart from cannot get Netflix to run, but the aim was to get back to Factory.
No restore method has wiped any of the partitions or images. I've had to remove them manually.

At least it's done :)
Long press power button, multibootselector, delete the slots you don,t want, and reset the current slot (menu/setup/system/reset)

Huevos
15-12-22, 21:07
Do as Twol says above except reflash the final slot.

Factory reset cannot be relied upon to clear all data, and downloaded plugins still persist after a factory reset.

And if there is an HDD you need to clear that out too.

abu baniaz
15-12-22, 21:27
If you delete an image in a slot/partition, some images allow you to undelete them.

mr.raw
15-12-22, 21:33
Long press power button, multibootselector, delete the slots you don,t want, and reset the current slot (menu/setup/system/reset)

Thanks mate.
That is pretty much what i did.

Thanks to all.