PDA

View Full Version : Movie folder keeps going missing!

aardvark5
02-12-22, 11:03
I have a VU+ Uno4K SE and had a faultless operation from it for two years however two weeks ago I discovered that the movie folder had been deleted.
I blamed this on my wife saying you must have clicked on the folder and hit delete.
Through FTP I put the folder back on and the recordings started to go in there again.
Over the last two weeks the movie folder has now gone missing another 3 times and I know it's nothing she's doing.
I've tested the hard drive, initialised it 3 times but it's still happened.

Anybody know what could be going on?

Thanks

Willo3092
02-12-22, 12:03
Check Mount Manager when it goes missing to make sure your storage is mounted. The HDD could be on its way out.

aardvark5
02-12-22, 12:31
Thanks for that.
I've already been pricing up HDs.

twol
02-12-22, 16:34
I have a VU+ Uno4K SE and had a faultless operation from it for two years however two weeks ago I discovered that the movie folder had been deleted.
I blamed this on my wife saying you must have clicked on the folder and hit delete.
Through FTP I put the folder back on and the recordings started to go in there again.
Over the last two weeks the movie folder has now gone missing another 3 times and I know it's nothing she's doing.
I've tested the hard drive, initialised it 3 times but it's still happened.

Anybody know what could be going on?

Thanks
I assume its an internal HDD?

aardvark5
02-12-22, 17:12
I assume its an internal HDD?

Yes but I'm thinking of going SSD now anyway.

aardvark5
02-12-22, 18:10
Also forgot to mention that I couldn't even manually download a transponder so tried a full scan but it wouldn't 'Failed To Scan'.
I decided to put an old backup image on from 2021 and that started to work