PDA

View Full Version : [GiGaBlue UHD UE 4K] Movielist switching for and back after selecting a file

relaxibus
25-11-22, 10:10
I use OpenVix with the skin ViX-Night-1080. When I go into the movie list and select a file, then sometimes the image starting switching for and back between the movie list and the full screen with open status bar. The playing goes on, however the box is frezzed. You can try to click "Stop", but usually nothing happens. Time is also not freezed. Sometime it stays on the full screen with opened status bar and you can watch the selected file until it freezes totally. Only a power cycle helps

twol
25-11-22, 13:26
I use OpenVix with the skin ViX-Night-1080. When I go into the movie list and select a file, then sometimes the image starting switching for and back between the movie list and the full screen with open status bar. The playing goes on, however the box is frezzed. You can try to click "Stop", but usually nothing happens. Time is also not freezed. Sometime it stays on the full screen with opened status bar and you can watch the selected file until it freezes totally. Only a power cycle helps

Thats an old skin, using the default (enigma2-plugin-skins-openvix-simple-ten-eighty) would be better.

relaxibus
30-11-22, 16:06
Ok, but the openvix-simple-ten-eighty skin is horrible compared to the ViX-Night-1080. Yes, it is a personal feeling, but I chose to use ViX due the nice UI. Any way to fix ViX-Night-1080 skins behavior?

Huevos
30-11-22, 16:38
Ok, but the openvix-simple-ten-eighty skin is horrible compared to the ViX-Night-1080. Yes, it is a personal feeling, but I chose to use ViX due the nice UI. Any way to fix ViX-Night-1080 skins behavior?

What don't you like about it?

relaxibus
01-12-22, 09:20
I feel the design and colors in ViX-Night-1080, especially in the Multi-Graphic EPG, are the most elegant one. Don't understand why in the "openvix-simple-ten-eighty" and "Default-1080" now the EPG color has changed to green... and also the color buttons has changed from the nice rings to ugly filled squares. I tested now soo many skins, all just for the trash can. The only nice one was ONYX from @kiddac, but then it shows fake movie/SKY posters. What.... Why? Just leave it nice and clean? An elegant UI? No... must be faked somehow... So, the only useable skin still would be "ViX-Night-1080".

Huevos
01-12-22, 15:17
Don't understand why in the "openvix-simple-ten-eighty" and "Default-1080" now the EPG color has changed to green... and also the coloured buttons has changed from the nice rings to ugly filled squares.So you are deciding what is a good skin based on the background colour of the grid EPG?

Default skin has always had those buttons. For the button bar they are resized to 1:1 dimensions by the interface.

And SimpleTenEighty doesn't have coloured buttons.

relaxibus
01-12-22, 16:07

A good skin is something that is also nice to see. This is the reason why I decided to go for ViX years ago. It was really the most elegant UI ever seen and functional. I have seen you're the developer of the vix-night-1080. Could you not modify it to work properly with 6.2.11? Or change the colors of the Default-1080 with the ring buttons? At the end, just restore the standard the UI of vix-night-1080? The green color in the grid EPG is really not nice to see. Just my personal feeling.
Yes, you're right SimpleTenEighty is w/o buttons. May be add the ring buttons and vix-night-1080 grid EPG?

I'm using the GigaBlue UHD UE 4K with FBC Cable tuners (8 tuners).

Willo3092
02-12-22, 14:34
I feel the design and colors in ViX-Night-1080, especially in the Multi-Graphic EPG, are the most elegant one. Don't understand why in the "openvix-simple-ten-eighty" and "Default-1080" now the EPG color has changed to green... and also the color buttons has changed from the nice rings to ugly filled squares. I tested now soo many skins, all just for the trash can. The only nice one was ONYX from @kiddac, but then it shows fake movie/SKY posters. What.... Why? Just leave it nice and clean? An elegant UI? No... must be faked somehow... So, the only useable skin still would be "ViX-Night-1080".

You can easily turn off the movie posters in the Slyk Onyx skin by commenting out the toppicks reference in skin.xml.

You can also do it by copying the attached skin_user_slyk-onyx-1080.xml to /etc/enigma2/ and restart GUI.

relaxibus
03-12-22, 11:00
I could reproduce the bug:
ViX 6.2.11
Gigablue UHD UE 4K
Skin vix-night-1080

If a recording is in progress and you play recorded files from the movielist, then the player infobar freezes and switches fore and back between movielist and infobar. Only a power cycle helps.
It happens at the second time you attempt to play a recorded video, not at the first time. So just play, stop and play another file and it freezes.

Should I post this in the skinning section? I would like to get the vix-night-1080 working again. It is on the feed, so it should work, otherwise it should be removed.

twol
03-12-22, 13:13
I could reproduce the bug:
ViX 6.2.11
Gigablue UHD UE 4K
Skin vix-night-1080

If a recording is in progress and you play recorded files from the movielist, then the player infobar freezes and switches fore and back between movielist and infobar. Only a power cycle helps.
It happens at the second time you attempt to play a recorded video, not at the first time. So just play, stop and play another file and it freezes.

Should I post this in the skinning section? I would like to get the vix-night-1080 working again. It is on the feed, so it should work, otherwise it should be removed.

Leave for moment I can generate this issue - although not always

relaxibus
03-12-22, 17:18
Thats an old skin, using the default (enigma2-plugin-skins-openvix-simple-ten-eighty) would be better.

I adapted the simple-ten-80 to my taste. The EPG looks now the same as the vix-night-1080 :-) What I'm missing are the 4 colored (red, blue ,green, yellow) ring buttons from the vix-night-1080 beside the text. Could someone add it please to the skin?

Huevos
03-12-22, 19:04
I adapted the simple-ten-80 to my taste. The EPG looks now the same as the vix-night-1080 :-) What I'm missing are the 4 colored (red, blue ,green, yellow) ring buttons from the vix-night-1080 beside the text. Could someone add it please to the skin?No. The coloured buttons are redundant, which is why they are not used in S1080.

relaxibus
04-12-22, 16:36
Hmmm… most of the other skins uses the colored buttons and a white text… I feel the colored text feeels like in the 90s. Anyway, if you feel thats the way is has to go, then….

Where should I ask to make a modification to the Default-1080 skin? It only shows max 4 tuners, I use 8. I tried to find it in the xml file, w/o success.

Huevos
05-12-22, 03:10
Hmmm… most of the other skins uses the colored buttons and a white text… I feel the colored text feeels like in the 90s. Anyway, if you feel thats the way is has to go, then….

Where should I ask to make a modification to the Default-1080 skin? It only shows max 4 tuners, I use 8. I tried to find it in the xml file, w/o success.Default-1080 shows the tuners dynamically when they are in use. There is space for 4 letters only. Anyway Default-1080 is a test skin only. You should not be using that as your main skin.

Re: S1080, buttons take up space leaving less for text so the trade-off of having buttons is the text needs to be smaller. More users were using S1080 than all the other skins combined which is why it was promoted to primary skin. If you want a cramped interface with buttons and a small font you need to switch to another skin.

relaxibus
08-12-22, 14:23
Yes, but Default-1080 is the only skin I like, as the vix-night-1080 seems not working and nobody will fix it. So what other option do I have?
At the end, the looks & feel should be what I'm looking for. At the end I didn't ask much, just a S1080 version with the buttons that don't looks like a 90s Teletext style skin on the Grid-EPG. This is not a bad critics, just a user request ;-)

twol
08-12-22, 15:24
Yes, but Default-1080 is the only skin I like, as the vix-night-1080 seems not working and nobody will fix it. So what other option do I have?
At the end, the looks & feel should be what I'm looking for. At the end I didn't ask much, just a S1080 version with the buttons that don't looks like a 90s Teletext style skin on the Grid-EPG. This is not a bad critics, just a user request ;-)

Well, I spent about 3 days looking into this issue, and No I cannot fix it.....its specific to that skin (and its twin) and also the process you identified on the GBue4K (other boxes are fine, at least I haven't reproduced it on my other boxes). Debug says all the right things(even where I have added debug), but when you see a played recording shown as stopped by the C++ code but it intermittently appears running in the PiP -I have to say there is an issue between the C++ code and the drivers.

Huevos
08-12-22, 16:31

1) Default-1080 is not a skin. It is just a file with 10 lines of code to test the scalability of the emergency skin. https://github.com/OpenViX/skins/blob/master/src/skins/1080/Default1080/skin.xml

2) You need to understand the skin design is up to the skin author, not user requests. If there is something you want to change in S1080 put the changes in a file named skin_user_Simple_Ten_Eighty.xml and place in /etc/enigma2.

relaxibus
08-12-22, 17:47
Ok, but if you change icons and EPG files, then where should I add it for the S1080? If I would like to use a modified (as I do now) Default-1080, then how it should be done? I'm not a coder perhaps, so sorry for my dumb questions.

Huevos
08-12-22, 18:15
Ok, but if you change icons and EPG files, then where should I add it for the S1080? If I would like to use a modified (as I do now) Default-1080, then how it should be done? I'm not a coder perhaps, so sorry for my dumb questions.You are still not listening.

Default-1080 is not a skin. It is just a file with 10 lines of code to test the scalability of the emergency skin. https://github.com/OpenViX/skins/blob/master/src/skins/1080/Default1080/skin.xml

The lookup paths for Simple1080 are as follows, with the same priority:

/etc/enigma2/Simple_Ten_Eighty
/etc/enigma2/skin_common
/etc/enigma2
/usr/share/enigma2/Simple_Ten_Eighty
/usr/share/enigma2/skin_fallback_1080
/usr/share/enigma2/skin_default
/usr/share/enigma2

So you put your skin and image files in /etc/enigma2/Simple_Ten_Eighty and they will be found.

Willo3092
08-12-22, 18:22
If you extract the attached zip file and copy the buttons directory and skin_user_Simple_Ten_Eighty.xml to /etc/enigma2/ it should do it.

relaxibus
09-12-22, 11:00
Ah cool!! Thanks @willo3092, very appreciated! Will test it this weekend :-) Probably I will come back with some other small requests to adjust the S1080_v2 if this will be ok.

relaxibus
09-12-22, 11:04
@huevos I'm listening, but probably I'm not able to explain my goals. Summarized, vix-night-1080 doesn't work properly - Default-1080 looks very similar and works - so the only way to have the vix-night-1080 style UI is using Default-1080 and modifying it even if this is NOT the right way.

Huevos
09-12-22, 16:17
Hate to state the obvious but have you tried ViX-HD-Night from the feeds?

relaxibus
09-12-22, 17:38
Yes, the issue is that all text based messages that uses icons (number icons) are too big. Same for the icon for the movie list progress bar.

relaxibus
10-12-22, 19:24
Yes, the issue is that all text based messages that uses icons (number icons) are too big. Same for the icon for the movie list progress bar.

I modified the "ViX-HD-Night" with the new scaled down keys and icons, and a modified EPG grid (some event colors and icons). If this can be of interest to put in on the feed, I can post the zip file.

smipx
14-12-22, 12:47
I feel your pain relaxibus. A skin that one likes is a very personal thing and the smallest thing that you don't like in a particular skin can drive you nuts and make you turn away from it. For me I found that VixBMC confluence was the one I was being drawn to time and time again and this skin is sadly one of those older skins that has fallen a bit to the wayside and has some bugs. I just can't bring myself to go away from it so I stick with it (despite some of its minor faults) as this is the one for me. I get that some of these skins are not maintained anymore and that is a sad fact of life in this type of environment (as the original developers have moved on and are not maintaining them all). I hope and pray that my chosen skin will not get any more buggy and will continue to give me mostly what I want. I only wish I was technically competent enough to give it an overhaul but sadly I am not and must rely on the goodness of others :-)

Once you like a skin you like it and that is the way the brain works and nothing anyone else says can change that until it becomes totally unusable I guess :-)

Huevos
14-12-22, 13:17
I feel your pain relaxibus. A skin that one likes is a very personal thing and the smallest thing that you don't like in a particular skin can drive you nuts and make you turn away from it. For me I found that VixBMC confluence was the one I was being drawn to time and time again and this skin is sadly one of those older skins that has fallen a bit to the wayside and has some bugs. I just can't bring myself to go away from it so I stick with it (despite some of its minor faults) as this is the one for me. I get that some of these skins are not maintained anymore and that is a sad fact of life in this type of environment (as the original developers have moved on and are not maintaining them all). I hope and pray that my chosen skin will not get any more buggy and will continue to give me mostly what I want. I only wish I was technically competent enough to give it an overhaul but sadly I am not and must rely on the goodness of others :-)

Once you like a skin you like it and that is the way the brain works and nothing anyone else says can change that until it becomes totally unusable I guess :-)So if there are problems (i.e. something no longer works) why don't you fix it and push the changes?

The problem is these skins have been abandoned by their authors and they need someone that likes them to adopt them.

Personally I am maintaining 3 skins already, and between me an Rob we maintain the basics of ViX common. One skin is enough work for anyone so I am not going to take on more. But anyone that likes and uses a skin and finds bugs in it should contribute to its upkeep. It is the only way to keep these abandoned skins alive.

smipx
14-12-22, 14:27
I think there would be many people who would love to be able to contribute to the maintenance of (for example) a skin but not everyone (myself) has the skills required to do so :-(
I do rely on the kind and unpaid work of people like yourself Huevos and do try to contribute as and where I can in my own little ways. I for one really appreciate the dedication of you and the other main contributors / maintainers. We are all in your debt!!

smipx
14-12-22, 14:31
On the subject of the Simple 1080 skin. I can't get past the "too dark" background on the EPG and the too muddy red colour of the recorded slots in the EPG (the contrast does not work too well for my eyes) I tried and tried to change the value of the red. Spent a lot of time looking at the code and trying to understand what needed to be changed where to make the red more vibrant and the dark dark grey less "dark" but I got nowhere fast. I then concluded that skin modification was not the "one for me" as I couldn't even manage to do that simple tweak :-)

relaxibus
14-12-22, 14:52
@smpix If I understood correctly, you would like to change the EPG grid colors? I did it for it simple drawing a new rectangle with the color I like. I modified the vix-nigh-hd in this way, a nice red for the recording slot and the same yellow/orange color for the selected event when you move around. It relatively simple to do it.

smipx
14-12-22, 14:56
I might just give that a go should the confluence skin explode into a 1000 pieces. Hopefully that will never happen :-)
btw. did you try confluence?

relaxibus
14-12-22, 15:03
Yes, it looks nice, however too much colors for my taste. I like it more "ugly plain and elegant" ;-) As you rightly said, taste is very personal. That why I say with the vix-night-hd. I like the menu, the EPG grid, the infobar giving only the data you daily need, the system messages, I like all from this skin. A shame that vix-night-1080 doesn't work :-(
But, hey, I got vix-night-hd working with the icons, colors, etc I like. Just the infobar when playing a movie have a bug. The purple progress bar seems to large and doesn't respect the actual movie length played. On the LCD display it shows correctly.

Willo3092
14-12-22, 16:04
Yes, it looks nice, however too much colors for my taste. I like it more "ugly plain and elegant" ;-) As you rightly said, taste is very personal. That why I say with the vix-night-hd. I like the menu, the EPG grid, the infobar giving only the data you daily need, the system messages, I like all from this skin. A shame that vix-night-1080 doesn't work :-(
But, hey, I got vix-night-hd working with the icons, colors, etc I like. Just the infobar when playing a movie have a bug. The purple progress bar seems to large and doesn't respect the actual movie length played. On the LCD display it shows correctly.

I don't know why but I found that if you edit the /usr/share/enigma2/ViX-Common/CommonSkin.xml with Notepad ++ and comment out (block comment) the whole MoviePlayer screen it fixes the progress bar bug.
Lines 163 to 216. I don't know if it breaks anything else :confused: You need to restart GUI after editing.

Huevos
14-12-22, 21:21
It is a skin. You dont need skills. Just make changes and reboot.

If you are looking at the graphical epg the backgrounds will be images, probably in the epg folder of the skin.

Huevos
14-12-22, 21:23
By the way if you dont like colours try Simple-gray skin.

relaxibus
17-12-22, 13:20
I don't know why but I found that if you edit the /usr/share/enigma2/ViX-Common/CommonSkin.xml with Notepad ++ and comment out (block comment) the whole MoviePlayer screen it fixes the progress bar bug.
Lines 163 to 216. I don't know if it breaks anything else :confused: You need to restart GUI after editing.

I now just copied the folder "infobar" from the "skin-default" into the "vix-night-hd" folder and that resolved the purple progress bar issue.

Huevos
17-12-22, 14:07
?? ?