PDA

View Full Version : [ET10x00] IMDb broken (again)

adm
22-11-22, 17:08
IMDb appears to be broken again

From the GRID EPG pressing red (IMDb) results in the message "IMDb download completed" but results in zero data being displayed. Also the text usually associated with the green/yellow/blue buttons is missing in the IMDb screen.

twol
22-11-22, 17:49
IMDb appears to be broken again

From the GRID EPG pressing red (IMDb) results in the message "IMDb download completed" but results in zero data being displayed. Also the text usually associated with the green/yellow/blue buttons is missing in the IMDb screen.
Unfortunately, IMDB screen scrapes and the source is often changed -I believe its being looked at.

Huevos
23-11-22, 14:05
Maybe should be changed to use beautiful soup.

relaxibus
25-11-22, 09:52
Do it is not time to move over to TMDB? Or at least we could set to use either IMDB or TMDB. This constantly IMDB broken links is very annoying!

Huevos
25-11-22, 11:08
Do it is not time to move over to TMDB? Or at least we could set to use either IMDB or TMDB. This constantly IMDB broken links is very annoying!Yes, please supply a patch. Thank you.

Mickkie
26-11-22, 19:10
I just checked again today and it now works. Perhaps it was experiencing a temporary downtime?

adm
26-11-22, 20:58
I just checked again today and it now works. Perhaps it was experiencing a temporary downtime?

Yes - confirmed - it's working again for me.

adm
30-11-22, 13:30
Yes - confirmed - it's working again for me.

And 30/11/22 broken again :(

Huevos
01-12-22, 09:22
And 30/11/22 broken again :(TBH, I think there are multiple servers and load balancing and not all of them output the same code.

relaxibus
01-12-22, 09:22
Yes, I confirm! Hey boys... what about to move to TMDB??? I'm using the Movie Browser plugin since the beginning and still works with TMDB. The IMDB has to be discontinued as it is useless and very annoying.

Huevos
01-12-22, 09:28
Yes, I confirm! Hey boys... what about to move to TMDB??? I'm using the Movie Browser plugin since the beginning and still works with TMDB. The IMDB has to be discontinued as it is useless and very annoying.Yes, please provide a patch.

Huevos
04-12-22, 23:56
Yes, I confirm! Hey boys... what about to move to TMDB??? I'm using the Movie Browser plugin since the beginning and still works with TMDB. The IMDB has to be discontinued as it is useless and very annoying.

I've checked out TMDB compared to IMDB and it seems to be incomplete.

relaxibus
08-12-22, 14:29
What do you mean "incomplete"? I'm using TMDB with the Movie Browser plugin and get >90% of the data. And it seems working. What will you do with a "complete" IMDB if it continues not working?

twol
08-12-22, 15:16
What do you mean "incomplete"? I'm using TMDB with the Movie Browser plugin and get >90% of the data. And it seems working. What will you do with a "complete" IMDB if it continues not working?
well, IMDB was fixed pretty quickly, and the latest change should help to resolve some of the issues - just that the feeds are only updated when a build occurs.
TMDB, well I am also playing with MovieBrowser (I have provided some python 3 changes on the other WEB site, whether Lulallawill integrate them is a leading question) and on my 300 or so movies/TV series going back quite a few years, its about 75% correct, so not that wonderful.

relaxibus
08-12-22, 15:32
Can you post link where to copy the working plugin.pyc file to replace the old one?

Huevos
08-12-22, 17:28
The file is here:
https://github.com/oe-alliance/enigma2-plugins/blob/master/imdb/src/plugin.py

Just drop it in the IMDB folder and restart the box and the *.pyc will be created.

relaxibus
14-12-22, 14:57
Works now! Thanks :-)

bmitie
23-12-22, 21:15
How do I actually download this file?? And where would I find the IMDB folder? I found IMDB in youVixcommon!!

Huevos
24-12-22, 00:58
How do I actually download this file?? And where would I find the IMDB folder? I found IMDB in youVixcommon!!If you wait a few days there will be a new image.