PDA

View Full Version : [GiGaBlue UHD UE 4K] Gigablue playback bug

onm234
09-11-22, 18:23
I have a Gigablue UHD UE 4K and when I playback a saved item the list of all saved media items appears
intermittently on screen and the remote control fails to work. resulting in having to power off the tuner at the rear and restart it again.
I think this problem started around the time I loaded VIX image 6.0.008 not sure, I
have since loaded VIX image 6.2.011 but it made no difference. any suggestions as to how to rectify this?

twol
09-11-22, 19:09
I have a Gigablue UHD UE 4K and when I playback a saved item the list of all saved media items appears
intermittently on screen and the remote control fails to work. resulting in having to power off the tuner at the rear and restart it again.
I think this problem started around the time I loaded VIX image 6.0.008 not sure, I
have since loaded VIX image 6.2.011 but it made no difference. any suggestions as to how to rectify this?

I have both gbuhd4K(main receiver in lounge) & gbue4k as a test machine and have never seen this issue. Sounds more like a hardware issue… somebody hasn‘t put jam on the remote keys so they stick?? Also just check batteries in remote.
However, as always please post debug logs …….. menu/setup/system/logs/settings … enable, save somewhere safe (not flash) and set local time.

onm234
09-11-22, 19:39
Hi Twol, it's not a hardware issue with remote, playback will start normally and after a few seconds the saved media files pop up intermittently. The pressing of the 'exit' button on the remote has no effect ( although the tuner does receive the signal). A press of any button also has no effect. This results in no option to a hard reset. I cannot export logs as I cannot find any option to do this

twol
09-11-22, 19:45
Hi Twol, it's not a hardware issue with remote, playback will start normally and after a few seconds the saved media files pop up intermittently. The pressing of the 'exit' button on the remote has no effect ( although the tuner does receive the signal). A press of any button also has no effect. This results in no option to a hard reset. I cannot export logs as I cannot find any option to do this
Filezilla into the box and retrieve the logs with userid „root“ & your receiver password.
Without the logs cannot do anything as its not something seen elsewhere.

If you haven‘t set a password, then menu/setup/network/password

It could also perhaps be signal interference, make sure no landline phone devices around,,, but need logs

Willo3092
09-11-22, 19:47
The up and down direction buttons will bring the recordings list up when playing a recording.
Start playing a recording and put the remote in another room to test if buttons are sticking.

I have a Gigablue UHD UE 4K and have used the same images without any issue.

cactikid
10-11-22, 02:31
Might i add/ ask is it a mounted internal hdd or possibly a passport hdd by usb plug and not mains powered.

onm234
10-11-22, 19:49
Hi, I have set up to save new debugs, as this happens intermittently the older ones seem to have deleted but I will search further, as soon as it happens again I will post same.
To answer the HDD reply, it is an internal 1G drive

cactikid
11-11-22, 22:29
Could i ask how are you selecting your recordings ?

Is it via file list button on remote and selecting item and press play or by some other way.

onm234
14-11-22, 14:44
Hi, recordings are selected via Video button and scrolling through list using down arrow and pressing ok button to commence playback, and of course it hasn't happened since I posted!

relaxibus
30-11-22, 16:11
Hi, I have exact the same issue: https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?65630-Movielist-switching-for-and-back-after-selecting-a-file
So, no, it is not a HW issue. It seems more to be a skin issue. I use vix-night-1080.

onm234
20-12-22, 13:49
sorry for delay in updating thread, box worked ok for a few weeks but is acting up again in the same way. I can see I have several log files but I cannot ftp to the box. I have used Filezilla, correct ip and root and both with a password and without but all fail. is there another way to access the box?. I performed a network test and that's good so connection is fine

Willo3092
20-12-22, 13:55
Set a new password on the box MENU > SETUP > NETWORK > PASSWORD and try again.

onm234
20-12-22, 15:49
Tried that and no change

Willo3092
20-12-22, 15:53
Have you checked the IP address is correct and FTP and Samba are enabled and running.
I think Samba is only required if you access via the windows network.

twol
20-12-22, 16:33
sorry for delay in updating thread, box worked ok for a few weeks but is acting up again in the same way. I can see I have several log files but I cannot ftp to the box. I have used Filezilla, correct ip and root and both with a password and without but all fail. is there another way to access the box?. I performed a network test and that's good so connection is fine

which skin are you using???

cactikid
20-12-22, 22:35
Well used to network ip moving 1 didgit from 59 to 60 on box and easily overlooked as Willo has mentioned.

Curious if you get any message from Filezilla

Joe_90
21-12-22, 01:48
You can usually get your network router to assign a fixed IP address to your various devices. It's usually under "address reservation" or similar in DHCP settings.

onm234
21-12-22, 11:40
FTP and Samba enabled and running, original skin Vix day 1080 changed this to Vix night 1080, still can't access box

Orlandox
21-12-22, 11:50
Have you tried restarting your network connection from the box ?

twol
21-12-22, 14:33
FTP and Samba enabled and running, original skin Vix day 1080 changed this to Vix night 1080, still can't access box

Can you change skin to simple-ten-eighty

onm234
21-12-22, 16:04
Back to basics, Even though network test was all good I couldn't actually access the internet from the box. (the test still showed good even with LAN cable removed!). So I changed LAN cable and FTP worked fine, so back to original bug. I am attaching 2 log files that hopefully might shed some light on the playback issue. Many thanks so far for all the suggestions

relaxibus
21-12-22, 16:57
As told previously, it is a skin issue: https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?65630-Movielist-switching-for-and-back-after-selecting-a-file
I made a updated version of the vix-night-hd that works fine with all new scaled down icons and keys. Since them, no more issues.

onm234
21-12-22, 17:44
I'm running 6.2.011 at present and the problem persists using Vix Night 1080 skin. Is your skin update in this image?

twol
21-12-22, 18:16
I'm running 6.2.011 at present and the problem persists using Vix Night 1080 skin. Is your skin update in this image?

As,per,post #20, try that skin so,we,can confirm the issue

relaxibus
22-12-22, 11:31
Correct, try first S1080, you will see it works. I can send you my vix-night-hd as a zip and you install it via ftp. I’m happy with it and it works perfectly on my side since weeks now.

onm234
22-12-22, 12:33
Ok guys, I will change skin today to s1080 and update post with results. Thanks again