PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo] Flash New Image 6.2.010

John57
08-11-22, 13:15
Good Afternoon All

Its been some time that I have posted a question as both my VU+ boxes are still going strong
I just thought it would be a good idea to update my oldest VU+Solo 2 box which I have in. second room with one of the latest VIX Firmwares, ie 6.2.010. I am using the image manager to perform this update which I tried first with version 6.2.011 but received a fail notice, so I decided to try version 6.2.010 but it just says, "waiting". just a general question, is any of the new Firmware versions compatible with my second box? Any help or suggestions how best to proceed would be more than welcome

Regards, John

Huevos
09-11-22, 07:04
What version is that box using?

If it is stuck on "waiting" that most likely means you have some other background task running, such as autotimer. Reboot the box and try to do the download immediately before any background tasks start.

John57
09-11-22, 08:46
Huevos,

Many thanks for your suggested tip which I will try, I have just noticed that I incorrectly stated that my current software is 6.2.010, this is incorrect I am currently running 6.0.007 and I feel this could be the reason for not being able to update, very sorry for the confusion.

Regards, John

Huevos
09-11-22, 10:16
You can't update. You need to go into Menu > Setup > ViX > ImageManger and press the yellow button to download the latest image. And once it downloads press blue to flash it.

John57
09-11-22, 10:24
Huevos
Many thanks for your prompt update, will give it a try now.
Regards John

John57
09-11-22, 11:13
Huevos, I tried once again as you suggested no luck so I looked at all my timer options and noticed on one of the timer options that something was running, did not understand what I was seeing but noticed this text or similar. ntpdate-sync, do you have any suggestions for a non tech operator? Many thanks, in advance

Huevos
09-11-22, 11:22
Just download the latest image from openvix.co.uk and flash it by USB. Make a backup first and you will be able to restore that from the setup wizard in the new image.

John57
09-11-22, 11:34
A very sensible suggestion…. Many thanks

John57
13-11-22, 14:08
Just a quick update, I tried to do a new flash update using a usb stick tried three different sticks and none seem to work, so I tried a fresh new stick and the VU+Solo 2 recognised the stick and proceeded with the the update process but started to hang after a few minutes, it would not get past the USBIF window so I aborted this process and luckily lost nothing after switching off. Can I take the latest VU+Solo 2 software and somehow through my internet browser drop the zip file into a folder so that I can then do a Image-manger update?

Huevos
13-11-22, 17:27
FTP it. Either /media/hdd/imagebackups or /media/usb/imagebackups.

John57
14-11-22, 11:43
Huevos, many thanks for your route path, once done will I see the new software within the image manager?
Will give it a try, Regards, John

Huevos
14-11-22, 15:19
Should do.