PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Ultimo4K] Intermittent motor tuning failure

th735
08-11-22, 11:45
I have a set up with OpenVix latest (6.2.010) on a Vu+ Ultimo 4K but have a very irritating recurring problem with motorised dish channel tuning failure that happens quite frequently. My set up is one fixed 28.2E dish connected Tuner A and a motorised dish (Technomate TM-2600 M3 with 80cm dish) connected to Tuner B. The motorised dish is invariably sitting on 19.2E and works well however I would be using it fine for days, switching between 28.2E and 19.2E channels with no issue, then the next day I switch on the box and it cannot tune to the 19.2E channel it was sitting on before it was put on standby or any other channel on 19.2E, the satellite it was pointing at, as if the motorised dish has no signal or has been unplugged. However, to fix it I simply select a channel on a different satellite, e.g. 5W, causing the dish to move to 5W and tune the new channel perfectly, then I select the channel I wanted from 19.2E and the dish rotates back around and the channel once again tunes perfectly. It's as though the box thinks there is no satellite dish feed connected until it is told to tune a different satellite and then return to the one you wanted.

Also, when the box is in this state, if I go to Tuners and Scanning -> Manual Scan, and try scanning 19.2E (what it was pointing at) with the same Tuner, Tuner B the motor is connected to, it will not find any channels on 19.2E.

I upgraded to the latest image and did a fresh set up from scratch thinking this might fix it but the problem persists. I also tried adding a new dual tuner card and using different tuner ports for the dishes and that makes no difference.

Has anyone any idea what is happening? Is there process that could be causing this that I could disable or reconfigure? What approaches could be taken to identify the cause? What logs would show the reason why the box cannot tune to the channel it was sitting on the day before working perfectly?

Huevos
09-11-22, 07:13
We would need some debug logs. Are there any DiSEqC switches involved?

th735
09-11-22, 13:04
We would need some debug logs. Are there any DiSEqC switches involved?

Am not using DiSEqC no and don't have any switches connected. I looked in /home/root/logs/ but the dir is empty and couldn't locate any other meaningful logs.

Have now enabled debug logging and will post once this happens again.

Thanks

Huevos
09-11-22, 13:39
You need to enable debug logs under the System menu.