PDA

View Full Version : How to switch off box before removing from power?

nekrub2
30-10-22, 08:42
Dear all

Last night I switched off my box as usual with the power button. Then I switched off the power line because I don't see any sense to have it on standby all the night.
When I switched on the power line this morning the VU+ logo came up and it showed on the front panel "starting". However the OpenVix background and startup did not come up. I had to unplug and wait for 20 seconds and finally came into the normal start.

Did I miss something before removing the box from power? Should I go to "deep standby"? What is your experience and your advice?

Thanks for any hint
nekrub2

OpenVix 6.2.011

twol
30-10-22, 09:21
Dear all

Last night I switched off my box as usual with the power button. Then I switched off the power line because I don't see any sense to have it on standby all the night.
When I switched on the power line this morning the VU+ logo came up and it showed on the front panel "starting". However the OpenVix background and startup did not come up. I had to unplug and wait for 20 seconds and finally came into the normal start.

Did I miss something before removing the box from power? Should I go to "deep standby"? What is your experience and your advice?

Thanks for any hint
nekrub2

OpenVix 6.2.011
Deep standby……

Joe_90
30-10-22, 11:06
I set a repeated PowerTimer to put the box in deep standby after 20 minutes if the box is already in normal standby. That way, I can just press the power button and know that it will go into deep after 20 minutes. It saves other users having to navigate through the menu when they are finished viewing.

adm
30-10-22, 11:53
I set a repeated PowerTimer to put the box in deep standby after 20 minutes if the box is already in normal standby. That way, I can just press the power button and know that it will go into deep after 20 minutes. It saves other users having to navigate through the menu when they are finished viewing.

That's how I operate my boxes. When finished viewing I press the on/off button on my remote which puts the box into standby. A power timer then kicks in and after 10 minutes puts the box into deep standby.

https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?63922-startup-to-standby#6
AND
https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?63922-startup-to-standby#8

Deep standby puts the box into a mode where the power consumption is less than 1 Watt* and allows the box to still wake up to perform a recording. You can configure timers to put the box back into deep standby after the recording has finished.

* Just over 1p per day at current UK electricity costs

Trial
31-10-22, 08:53
Hi,
less than 1 W only if WOL or WOWL is not activated.

Ralf

adm
31-10-22, 09:57
Hi,
less than 1 W only if WOL or WOWL is not activated.

Ralf

As the original poster seems to be turning off his box at the mains every day he will not be configuring Wake Up from LAN.

cactikid
31-10-22, 21:29
I must be missing a setting as my power timer switches on the box but not off and next morning have to click off button on remote.

Just seen an earlier post @ADM showing the timer settings , bet i missed that bit Cheers.

nekrub2
01-11-22, 09:21
After having tested I can give you this result
Deep standby, keeping on the main - start after 5 minutes: ok
Deep standby, keeping on the main - start after 12 hours: OpenVix does not start

I looks like rebooting on my VU+Solo 2 does not alway find OpenVix. So I give up and leave it on standby.

nekrub2

twol
01-11-22, 10:55
After having tested I can give you this result
Deep standby, keeping on the main - start after 5 minutes: ok
Deep standby, keeping on the main - start after 12 hours: OpenVix does not start

I looks like rebooting on my VU+Solo 2 does not alway find OpenVix. So I give up and leave it on standby.

nekrub2

That sounds like it has a timer that wakes it up for something and crashes……. Anything in logs??

nekrub2
01-11-22, 16:42
no crash log. will add debug logs from yesterday and today.