PDA

View Full Version : Remote control on smartphone?

cactikid
03-10-22, 12:48
A number of remotes i have are failing to power on boxes and all other functions on remote work.

Is it possible that a smartphone can power on/off and then use remote for other needs.

Seems a waste for a remote to replace if only this one button fault.

ronand
03-10-22, 13:06
If its only a single button then its quite easy to fix. You can get small carbon discs to repair the faulty buttons or even use silver foil

h**ps://www.instructables.com/Fixing-Non-Working-Buttons-of-Any-Remote-Control/

cactikid
03-10-22, 17:52
Yes only on/off button . Cheers

JonMMM
03-10-22, 19:45
just put the ip address of your box in a browser on your phome and you will get a remote

Willo3092
03-10-22, 19:52
just put the ip address of your box in a browser on your phome and you will get a remote

I thought you were joking!

JonMMM
03-10-22, 21:15

No it really does work LOL

adm
03-10-22, 22:13
If its only a single button then its quite easy to fix. You can get small carbon discs to repair the faulty buttons or even use silver foil

h**ps://www.instructables.com/Fixing-Non-Working-Buttons-of-Any-Remote-Control/

In my experience it's just gunge that has got behind the membrane through capillary action that causes the problem. Dismantle the remote and wash the component parts under a cold water tap, thoroughly dry (leave in a warm place for X hours) and reassemble fixes 99% of remote control with non-working buttons.

As the remote in the Web Interface (Webif) controls your box over your home network you will find that Apps for your smart phone can do the same. I have the Enigma Signal Meter App* on my andriod phone . It has a on/off button on the opening screen (possibly off to standby and on from standby and not to/from deep standby)

* Possibly better apps out there with greater control of your box. I used the signal monitor app because I was up a ladder changing an LNB and I could see in near real time the signal information from my box on my phone while I adjusted the position of the LNB.

adm
03-10-22, 22:18

It is a fully working remote in the Web Interface although on one of my boxes a few of the buttons have the wrong functionality.

cactikid
04-10-22, 00:23
Just tried it and Wow it works and very handy as i see the wake up and box comes on as webif was open on pc to check.

I thought i was asking a silly question but amazed it works and could help many people with remote issues.

Trial
04-10-22, 07:50
Hi,
just for information it will not work if the box is in deep standby.
Ralf