PDA

View Full Version : Setting Paswords

Maggiesat
01-10-22, 14:48
Hi, I have taken the advice of learned members herein and changed to OpenViX as the image, I have used my Technomate TM-Nano-SE M2 and updated the image to 6.2.010, I love this image, but I am still a novice, so please help if you can.

Please explain why I do not see Terminal in the extras in WebIf as longer just like in OpenATV, it is very useful.
I can't log into the box using Telnet from my laptop, any ideas please.
Also when I enable HTTP authentication in WebIf, it asks for a password but I cannot get this to work as it will not accept what I think is the default Pwd, i.e blank username and 'root' as the pwd, any ideas please, other than that I am trying to sort out the TV picture so it fits the frame, if that means anything, again any ideas.

Finally, what is the most useful and visually pleasing skin, what are you guys recommending, I am at default.

Thank you very much.

adm
01-10-22, 19:56
Hi, I have taken the advice of learned members herein and changed to OpenViX as the image, I have used my Technomate TM-Nano-SE M2 and updated the image to 6.2.010, I love this image, but I am still a novice, so please help if you can.

Please explain why I do not see Terminal in the extras in WebIf as longer just like in OpenATV, it is very useful.
Also when I enable HTTP authentication in WebIf, it asks for a password but I cannot get this to work as it will not accept what I think is the default Pwd, i.e blank username and 'root' as the pwd, any ideas please, other than that I am trying to sort out the TV picture so it fits the frame, if that means anything, again any ideas.

Finally, what is the most useful and visually pleasing skin, what are you guys recommending, I am at default.

Thank you very much.

In Vix the default USERNAME = root

You have to set your your own password

See post number two in the link below
https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?63400-OpenViX-5-4-released#2

twol
01-10-22, 20:21

Thank you very much.
If you are trying to fit the screen to the tv…..you are going wrong, change the tv to just fits or the equivalent on your TV

Maggiesat
02-10-22, 15:05
If you are trying to fit the screen to the tv…..you are going wrong, change the tv to just fits or the equivalent on your TV

Thank you for the reply, I am not sure I follow what you are saying?

twol
02-10-22, 15:33
Thank you for the reply, I am not sure I follow what you are saying?

All recent TV,s have screen adjustments, just fit literally just fits the picture to teh screen. You need to look at your TV manual and see what they have available.
You can adjust the picture using the image, buts its not the correct way to do it.
If not sure post your TV model