PDA

View Full Version : [ViX_Misc] Updated to 6.2.010 but still showing updates available

nekrub2
28-09-22, 10:43
Having installed release 6.2.010 through the update manager I was surprised when I got the message of a an openvix available. When I wanted to see the changes I got an empty screen. Do you have the same experience?
Not urgent and not dangerous - but surprising.

nekrub2

spanner123
28-09-22, 11:35
Probably this......https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?65517-update-not-complete

abu baniaz
28-09-22, 11:36
See here:
https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?65517-update-not-complete

nekrub2
28-09-22, 15:32
Thanks Abu

For the time being I cannot just flash it over because twol made a fix for the mp3browser plugin, converting it from python to python 3. Only when this plugin is in the download store I can flash and restore the settings. Else I would loose the player.
So I have to live with it.

twol
28-09-22, 17:35
Thanks Abu

For the time being I cannot just flash it over because twol made a fix for the mp3browser plugin, converting it from python to python 3. Only when this plugin is in the download store I can flash and restore the settings. Else I would loose the player.
So I have to live with it.
@nekrub2 - will try to sort this over the next week, Covid recovery allowing

spevs
05-10-22, 16:15
Hi guys, I am having the same issue, any chance this will be resolved in future Software Updates.........?

abu baniaz
05-10-22, 16:26
A software update, for those packages, won't happen. Flashing newer image and restoring settings/plugins is the only way. Shouldn't take more than 5 minutes.

Alternatively, you can leave it as it is unless it really annoys you.

root@vuduo4k:~# opkg upgrade
Not selecting libdvdread4 5.0.3 as installing it would break existing dependencies.
Not selecting libdvdnav4 5.0.3 as installing it would break existing dependencies.
root@vuduo4k:~#

spevs
06-10-22, 04:15
Ok thanks, I've got three boxes all with the same the same problem, when I do a new flash it can cause issues with Xtream Editor and that's another story.

Huevos
06-10-22, 12:35
when I do a new flash it can cause issues with Xtream EditorWhat issues?

abu baniaz
09-10-22, 18:22
The best thing is to flash and restore.

For those not able to do so, make sure you have a settings backup and be prepared to flash by USB.

Following should work

opkg remove --force-depends libdreamdvd0
opkg remove --force-depends libdvdnav4
opkg remove --force-depends libdvdread4
opkg update
opkg install libdreamdvd0

Once againm, the best thing is to flash and restore.

nekrub2
14-10-22, 19:20
I found another solution

Setup > System > Software Update >Settings> Background check No.