PDA

View Full Version : HD51 Alternative remote control?

jazzyman
27-09-22, 17:47
Is there an option on Openvix 6.2.010 to select an alternative remote control?

twol
27-09-22, 18:42
Is there an option on Openvix 6.2.010 to select an alternative remote control?

Menu/setup/system/input devices - see what it says

jazzyman
27-09-22, 20:38
the only alternative remotes listed are for a Dreambox, was hoping for a Zgemma remote.

maxben
27-09-22, 21:45
I'm using the HD51 with 6.2.010 and have successfully changed the remote to Zgemma as screen shot, working perfectly.

There are plenty of Zgemma models to choose from

jazzyman
27-09-22, 23:10
I'm using the HD51 with 6.2.010 and have successfully changed the remote to Zgemma as screen shot, working perfectly.

There are plenty of Zgemma models to choose from

maxben, how did you manage to do this?

maxben
28-09-22, 09:54
As described above by @twol

Menu/setup/system/input devices

Select first item then left or right to select your remote.

jazzyman
28-09-22, 11:49
Thanks found the list, it was a bit confusing because the main page only showed dreambox remotes, once option one was selected there was full list of alternative remotes.

Mickkie
05-03-23, 16:47
I'm using the same Zgemma remote, but had a scare yesterday after I flashed a new OpenVix image! Upon reboot I was asked if I wanted to restore my settings from a backup. Pressing OK, or up/down on the ZGemma remote did not work, locking up the screen. After a number of reboots and a lot of head scratching I suspected the settings to accept input from the new remote could not be accessed, if they had not yet been restored on the new OS image. I naively thought the setting for the new input would have been transferred across to the new image - but it hadn't. Thankfully I still had the old remote, which had not yet made a trip to the local tip.

Is there a way to make sure the new remote is added as an input device to a newly flashed OS image before a reboot?