PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo2] VU+ solo 2 - can't update image

mk1982
14-09-22, 19:29
Hi all,

Long time user but have lost touch a little bit, but still fairly ok using and updating these. Searched for support but can't find anything that helps.

Got a vu+ solo2, currently on version 6.0.008. Connected via ethernet cable and confirmed working fine. Trying to couchflash as I usually do but when I got to vix to download images, when I download the latest version (6.2.009) it says failed. Trying other images previous (6.2.008 or earlier) says waiting but it's as if it just hangs. Left it for absolutely ages and still nothing. Switched off and tried flashing by USB using a 16gb stick and 2gb stick with the latest image but just get starting and no sign of it flashing.

Probably something glaringly obvious I've missed or not done, so apologies if so but searching various threads and keywords nothing coming up that matches my situation, would be grateful of any help anyone can offer.

Thanks,

Huevos
14-09-22, 22:46
If for some reason you can't couch flash you will need to reflash via USB.

mk1982
14-09-22, 23:05
Take it you didn’t read my post? Says I’ve tried flashing with usb and that’s not working either.

Tkr001
14-09-22, 23:31
Many people have issues with various usb sticks. You just have to keep trying various ones. I have one that works and I just use it for that. The other thing you could try is pitting the new image in the backup folder, naming it according to the naming conventions for backups, and restoring it.

cactikid
19-09-22, 21:31
They suggest max size of 8gb and no other usb devices plugged in.
Kingston , Integral and cruzer all work for me.

When you were trying to couchflash do you have a storage device connected and mounted.