PDA

View Full Version : Is there a tutorial to develop skins for OpenVIX firmware?

klor
12-09-22, 00:33
Is there a tutorial to develop skins for OpenVIX firmware?
I have VU+ DUO 4K with OpenVIX v6.2 firmware.

I would like to learn how to develop a skin.

Huevos
12-09-22, 14:00
I doubt there is any comprehensive guide for any image.

Just get stuck in and ask questions as you go along.

Most important thing is to create a template and use it in every screen to keep things uniform, not create a whole new skin for each and every screen.

servidor
23-10-22, 18:55
can i start by asking what software is used?

Huevos
23-10-22, 19:17
Yes, Notepad++ or any other decent text editor.

Willo3092
23-10-22, 19:27
There is OpenSkin Designer but you will have to Google for it.

servidor
23-10-22, 19:36
i had OpenSkin Designer but does it work on all images? i tried to open slyk onyx but it gives an error.

Willo3092
23-10-22, 19:51
KiddaC uses different xml files for each section of his skins instead of everything being in skin.xml.

I found the easiest way was to keep a skin_usr.xml in /etc/enigma2/ to make any changes to them.

Huevos
23-10-22, 20:03
I really recommend you use a basic text editor. You don't want something between you and the code you are trying to work on.

Willo3092
23-10-22, 20:13
I just use Notepad++ and assign a button to reload the skin quickly.

attewell
11-12-22, 01:27
Where does the full skin plugin files sit in directory?

And the skin_usr.xml in /etc/enigma2/ does that have a higher preference to the full skin

Huevos
11-12-22, 02:44
Where does the full skin plugin files sit in directory?Loaded skins are found in /usr/share/enigma2/*skin_name*

And the skin_usr.xml in /etc/enigma2/ does that have a higher preference to the full skin

So lets say your skin you want to modify is "Simple_Ten_Eighty"...

Create a folder: /etc/enigma2/Simple_Ten_Eighty

Then create your *xml file and put it in that folder, i.e. /etc/enigma2/Simple_Ten_Eighty/skin_user_Simple_Ten_Eighty.xml

The main skin file gets read first, so when the user file gets read, any screens, fonts, colors, parameters, etc that share the same names as the ones in the main file will overwrite the data from the main file.