PDA

View Full Version : FAO:Digidude

Stanman
21-02-11, 11:41
Read you guys are working on a image for this box.
Will it support USB tunes?
If so how long before you ready to release month or months?
Thanks

digidude
22-02-11, 11:59
We were about to release on saturday, but, were told that the SVN was going to be updated today, so decided to wait. As its still based on the UR SVN, it unfortunatley still contains (or should that be dont contain) the same ommissions (EG full HD skins and media player) but this is what todayd SVN update is supposed to be addressing

Im pretty sure that the 'jimux music player' plays .wav files from usb, i know it will from internal drive, but again, with mp3 etc, this leads back to the media player libraries, which so far, are not active, and green screens the box once loaded

Stanman
22-02-11, 13:49
Thanks Didgidue, was wondering why you were going on about playing wav files until I re read my post:D:D:D

Sorry it should have been USB TUNER not TUNES:D

Sicilian
22-02-11, 14:10
I dont think there will be just yet.

digidude
22-02-11, 17:25
Thanks Didgidue, was wondering why you were going on about playing wav files until I re read my post:D:D:D

Sorry it should have been USB TUNER not TUNES:D

ahh, usb tuner

for now, all ill say is, with enigma 2, just about anything is possible ;)

Sicilian
22-02-11, 17:42
ahh, usb tuner

for now, all ill say is, with enigma 2, just about anything is possible ;)

I'd rather not give people false hope. I really cant see this happening in the near future, TM's drivers will need to be tweaked to allow for a vtuner.

digidude
22-02-11, 19:37
it is something that is being experimented with m8, trying to implement drivers for a few different things, but, as UR are also updating drivers at the same time in the SVN, just as we start to get somewhere, we sometimes have to delete the lot and start again :(

but, USB tuners is something that IS being experimented with, wether or not anything actually comes from it, is another thing, but once all the drivers are sorted for good by UR, a lot more possibilities will be opened up for this receiver

Stanman
22-02-11, 21:14
Will hope some thing does come off as it would complete this box

digidude
23-02-11, 16:00
can now confirm that the next release for the TM800HD will support HD skins :)

Sicilian
23-02-11, 16:07
can now confirm that the next release for the TM800HD will support HD skins :)

Well thats damn good news :D

digidude
23-02-11, 16:31
a quick little screen grab of one of the available HD skins from the UR download panel

:)

witchy
23-02-11, 23:12
Not really the best screen to capture to show off a HD skin. :)

Larry-G
23-02-11, 23:21
well how about this one then, that he posted on DW

silverfox0786
24-02-11, 00:54
hehe nice one pheonix

btw digidude let me know if u need my settings ipk files for yr plugins download repo

digidude
24-02-11, 08:55
yes please silverfox, thats very kind of you. im having a slight 'issue' with the control file for the download side of things at the moment though, the way the UR source works is unlike most other stuff, so im sort of teaching myself as i go along, but will include them

thank you

dd

Stanman
16-04-11, 08:52
Hi mate your latest image is very nice but have one slight but for me big issue

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?7746-DS-Team-TM-800-HD-13-4-2011

The box is for a female cousin of mine and the bootlogo is not suitable, is there any chance you guys can do an alternative none sexual bootlogo's for those of us who dont want to see naked women?

digidude
16-04-11, 11:23
Thats a DS image m8, not a DW one ;)

but, you can change the boot screen. FTP into the box, navigate to the folder /boot

load your image into there, it must be .jpg, and rename it logo.jpg (rename the existing one logo.jpg.BAK or delete it completley)

restart the receiver and youll see your new boot screen ;)

the latest DW image has the usual bootscreen with the planet and sunrise behind it, and also updated EPG functions

Stanman
16-04-11, 16:14
Thats a DS image m8, not a DW one ;)

but, you can change the boot screen. FTP into the box, navigate to the folder /boot

load your image into there, it must be .jpg, and rename it logo.jpg (rename the existing one logo.jpg.BAK or delete it completley)

restart the receiver and youll see your new boot screen ;)

the latest DW image has the usual bootscreen with the planet and sunrise behind it, and also updated EPG functions

I tried in USR/Share but that did not work.

In the end I took the image off when I realized it was not yours but DS:whistle::whistle:

I had yours on before and me cousin was used to it so stuck it back on, shes a female so would not have gone down well with that women on boot up.

The DS is not a bad image but would not always see the HDD, seems to be a perennial problem with the TM images.

Also seemed a bit laggy to me.

digidude
18-04-11, 08:38
i like some of the features in the DS images, but, they have loads of stuff thats not mapped out properly, so every 3rd button press gives a green screen while browsing through the menus for stuf. i also dont like seeing pictures of dreamboxes etc on receivres that aint a dreambox

the internal drive randomly missing is down to the nxp drivers, and is being looked at by UR, but, like the rest of the image, theyre not in any mad rush over it

theres a new DW beta out, and if the SVN doesnt get updated with some major fixes soon, the last DW beta image will be released on 07/05/11. From then on, untill the image gets completed by UR, itll only be UR images. ill just add a few custom packs to my ppanel, and people can then choose to install them on any future UR releases

another way to make the internal drive more stable (especially with the latest DW beta) is to have some form of storage in the rear USB, i use a microSD card in a small reader, i then have a 256M swap file that auto mounts on bootup, all my picons and EPG data stored on that

witchy
20-04-11, 22:34
ooooh Divx support!

Me runs off to grab it. :)