PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo4K SE] Create and use symlinks

danped
17-08-22, 23:04
Hi,

I have set up my vu duo as a transport for my music files to play through my speakers. I want to create playlists without duplicating the files, so my solution is to create symlinks or hardlinks. I hva done this via a terminal successfully however the vix software does not seem to recognise them. I also have the merlin player plugin, this can see both hard ans soft symlinks but if I try to play them it doe not work.

Does vix support symlinks? Can I acheive my aim of creating folders of links so I can create playlists?

Thanks,
Dan

birdman
18-08-22, 01:04
Does vix support symlinks? Can I acheive my aim of creating folders of links so I can create playlists?That's a function of the file-system, rather than the OS.
You can use symlinks (or hard links) on ext3/4 file-systems, but not on fat ones.

danped
18-08-22, 09:56
That's a function of the file-system, rather than the OS.
You can use symlinks (or hard links) on ext3/4 file-systems, but not on fat ones.

Thanks - How would I go about changing the file system? Is that a case of reformatting the drive?

birdman
19-08-22, 02:20
Thanks - How would I go about changing the file system? Is that a case of reformatting the drive?Well, formatting the partition (which might cover the whole drive).
But first check what it is currently.

danped
19-08-22, 18:33
Well, formatting the partition (which might cover the whole drive).
But first check what it is currently.

Hmm... looks like it already is ext4: