PDA

View Full Version : [Formuler F1] GUI Freeze and hang

chulann
02-08-22, 23:29
I upgraded today from a late OpenVIX 5 (think it was 5.8). I actually forgot to backup the settings so did an install from clean.

I am getting frequent GUI hangs (16 reboots in 3 hours). When I change channels, the information box will frequently stay there - any further attempts at change will reduce the video to a box and the information box will stay there. Sometimes I can change channel once and then I can't do any more. In all cases, the video stream keeps playing.

I get a similar situation when playing previous recordings - if I try and fast forward, it will lock. Sometimes it will allow me to play and then commit no more commands.

I have managed to get limited logs. I attach a condensed version because the original had 53,000 entries of "[huffman] Error. Cannot decode Huffman data" and another 20,000 of "[convertDVBUTF8] reserved 0". While I can SSH in, init 4 and then init 3 doesn't do anything.

I don't have an internal HDD - so the EPG is on the internal flash. I have tried to remove as many plugins as possible - I do still have AutoBouquets E2, Picture Player, OpenWebif and IMDb setup - I didn't install these so wondering now if some elements have hung on from the previous installation? Does flashing wipe all config? I have it NTP syncing from pool.ntp.org and use AutoBouquets.

I do have a slightly unusual mount - I have a ZFS export mounted to /beast and then link both /e2 and /media/hdd to /beast/enigma2 on the F1 box.

Any help or suggestions gratefully received.

Regards,

twol
03-08-22, 08:26
I upgraded today from a late OpenVIX 5 (think it was 5.8). I actually forgot to backup the settings so did an install from clean.

I am getting frequent GUI hangs (16 reboots in 3 hours). When I change channels, the information box will frequently stay there - any further attempts at change will reduce the video to a box and the information box will stay there. Sometimes I can change channel once and then I can't do any more. In all cases, the video stream keeps playing.

I get a similar situation when playing previous recordings - if I try and fast forward, it will lock. Sometimes it will allow me to play and then commit no more commands.

I have managed to get limited logs. I attach a condensed version because the original had 53,000 entries of "[huffman] Error. Cannot decode Huffman data" and another 20,000 of "[convertDVBUTF8] reserved 0". While I can SSH in, init 4 and then init 3 doesn't do anything.

I don't have an internal HDD - so the EPG is on the internal flash. I have tried to remove as many plugins as possible - I do still have AutoBouquets E2, Picture Player, OpenWebif and IMDb setup - I didn't install these so wondering now if some elements have hung on from the previous installation? Does flashing wipe all config? I have it NTP syncing from pool.ntp.org and use AutoBouquets.

I do have a slightly unusual mount - I have a ZFS export mounted to /beast and then link both /e2 and /media/hdd to /beast/enigma2 on the F1 box.

Any help or suggestions gratefully received.

Regards,
Need to see 1st log after a reboot and potentially 2nd log

chulann
03-08-22, 08:49
Log below after reboot and some channel flicking where the problem did present itself

twol
03-08-22, 09:37
you have timeshift enabled but HDD is not mounted, so fails no space and beast (whatever that is)

< [eDVBServicePlay] timeshift not enough diskspace for timeshift! (less than 1GB)

< 57.2027> command ['mkdir -p /media/hdd', 'sleep 2', 'mount 172.30.1.2:/beast']
< 57.2032> [Console] command: mkdir -p /media/hdd

< 59.5227> [Avahi] watch activated: 0x1
< 59.5238> [Console] finished: mkdir -p /media/hdd
< 59.5244> [Console][eBatch] retval=0, cmds=['sleep 2', 'mount 172.30.1.2:/beast'] cmds left=2, data:
< 59.5245>
< 59.5249> [Console] command: sleep 2
< 59.5252> [eConsoleAppContainer] Starting /bin/sh

< 61.5933> [Console] finished: sleep 2
< 61.5936> [Console][eBatch] retval=0, cmds=['mount 172.30.1.2:/beast'] cmds left=1, data:
< 61.5938>
< 61.5942> [Console] command: mount 172.30.1.2:/beast
< 61.5945> [eConsoleAppContainer] Starting /bin/sh
< 61.6647> [Console] finished: mount 172.30.1.2:/beast
< 61.6651> [Console][eBatch] retval=255, cmds=[] cmds left=0, data:
mount: mounting 172.30.1.2:/beast on /beast failed: Device or resource busy
< 61.6653> fails to mount

chulann
03-08-22, 21:36
Thanks for looking at it.

/beast is my NFS mounted ZFS partition (about 15TB). Problem is, if I go into Menu -> Setup -> Recordings, Playback & Timeshift -> Timeshift, I can't get past the first option of selecting a folder. Any folder I choose returns with "Directory 'XYZ' not valid. Partition must be ext or nfs. Please select an acceptable directory" - and that's on any NFS or local folder (if I select a local folder, I get an additional option first of "Not enough space, are you sure you want to do this"). I get a similar error in trying to set the folder for Recordings & Playback.

I think timeshift is disabled because "Automatically start timeshift after" is set to disabled.

Ideally, I'd like to set the timeshift to /beast/enigma2/timeshift but if it's causing the problem, I'd like to ensure it's disabled.

Thanks!

twol
04-08-22, 08:08

/beast is my NFS mounted ZFS partition (about 15TB). Problem is, if I go into Menu -> Setup -> Recordings, Playback & Timeshift -> Timeshift, I can't get past the first option of selecting a folder. Any folder I choose returns with "Directory 'XYZ' not valid. Partition must be ext or nfs. Please select an acceptable directory" - and that's on any NFS or local folder (if I select a local folder, I get an additional option first of "Not enough space, are you sure you want to do this"). I get a similar error in trying to set the folder for Recordings & Playback.

I think timeshift is disabled because "Automatically start timeshift after" is set to disabled.

Ideally, I'd like to set the timeshift to /beast/enigma2/timeshift but if it's causing the problem, I'd like to ensure it's disabled.

Thanks!

Have you installed nfs drivers?

chulann
04-08-22, 08:33
The NFS share mounts properly (once I edit /etc/fstab and specify NFS version 4 as an option)

Huevos
04-08-22, 10:06

Thanks!What local folder?

Please get debug of trying to set up a recordings or timeshift location.

chulann
23-08-22, 22:40
Thanks for your help. I ran out of time in the last new weeks so couldn't get the debug logs.

I have upgraded to 6 009 and it seems to have solved the problems! (There's a niggle that playbacks don't necessarily respond to the play button during fast forward even though the red light on the front indicates remote signals, but that's for another post)