PDA

View Full Version : Amiko V40 issues

maxben
28-07-22, 20:13

Firstly timer recordings for streams fail, the GUI locks up with permanent spinner with existing video continuing. After a hard reboot it shows the file named correctly with zero bytes.

The same timer streams record perfectly on a HD51 and 8008 and instant recording records without issue.

Also long instant recordings (i.e. 4hours) locks the box completely.

Secondly although it seems setting up a swap file was successful it fails to activate on reboot.

twol
28-07-22, 21:36

Firstly timer recordings for streams fail, the GUI locks up with permanent spinner with existing video continuing. After a hard reboot it shows the file named correctly with zero bytes.

The same timer streams record perfectly on a HD51 and 8008 and instant recording records without issue.

Also long instant recordings (i.e. 4hours) locks the box completely.

Secondly although it seems setting up a swap file was successful it fails to activate on reboot.
It finds swap file, so you might need to activate plus autostart in swapmanager what does swapmanager show?

maxben
28-07-22, 22:11
I've done that but it doesn't hold after reboot.

twol
29-07-22, 10:28
@maxben - must have had a mental block when I last changed the code...... try this attachment and feedback.
Putty... init 4(space between)
filezilla ... copy attachment to /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/ViX
Putty .. init 6 (space between)
After the reboot I would login with putty and enter cat /proc/swaps .......... should show swap file.... if not enable using swapmanager - but there after should be OK

twol
29-07-22, 11:13
@maxben - the VP40 how are the tuners setup and is it being used as a full system or as a slave to one of the other boxes????

maxben
29-07-22, 11:13
@twol thanks that's fixed the swap issue.

Need something similar now for the timer record problem :)

twol
29-07-22, 11:17
@twol thanks that's fixed the swap issue.

Need something similar now for the timer record problem :)

looking at it ....see post #5

maxben
29-07-22, 11:18
@maxben - the VP40 how are the tuners setup and is it being used as a full system or as a slave to one of the other boxes????

The 2 tuners are being used as normal sat tuners full system, the streaming channels are mixed in with my own bouquets. Exactly the same setup as an HD51 and 8008 which work ok with timer recording with same channel list and same streams.

Not using autobouquet maker.

twol
29-07-22, 12:10
@maxben can you give me a log from the sf8008 (without the url stream info!) for this ???
the posted log look fine upto the end of the log, it has a connection and goes to record..........

maxben
29-07-22, 12:18
@maxben can you give me a log from the sf8008 (without the url stream info!) for this ???
the posted log look fine upto the end of the log, it has a connection and goes to record..........

Can't do the 8008 as it's not with me at the moment, can do the HD51 ?

Yes I saw that in the log and that's the point the UI crashes with spinner and recording fails with zero bytes file.

twol
29-07-22, 12:37
Can't do the 8008 as it's not with me at the moment, can do the HD51 ?

Yes I saw that in the log and that's the point the UI crashes with spinner and recording fails with zero bytes file.

Give me the hd51, but the sf8008 would be better ( hisilicon chipset)

maxben
29-07-22, 12:46
Ah, I do have a Zgemma H9 HiSi here I'll use that.

I'll set a timed recording for 1pm with that and see what happens and get the log.

Back soon :)

maxben
29-07-22, 12:46
@twol

no probs with timer recording

twol
30-07-22, 14:36
@maxben - are the bouquet services all servicetype 1, or are using setup to change from say 4097 to 1???

twol
31-07-22, 10:29
@maxben can you run with the following attachment on the V40.
putty init 4
filezilla copy attachment to /usr/lib/enigma2/python
putty init 6

When the V40 locks up, can you then go into putty type init 4 (to stop) and copy log to PC and post here), then init 6 to reboot.......................want to see if we get any more log entries by closing down E2 this way.

twol
31-07-22, 10:29
@maxben can you run with the following attachment on the V40.
putty init 4
filezilla copy attachment below to /usr/lib/enigma2/python
putty init 6

When the V40 locks up, can you then go into putty type init 4 (to stop) and copy log to PC and post here), then init 6 to reboot.......................want to see if we get any more log entries by closing down E2 this way.

maxben
31-07-22, 22:10
@twol, sorry for delay, just got to PC.

Log attached.

twol
01-08-22, 10:05
@maxben - have to say this is really difficult to see whats causing the issue.

Can you do me a favour and disable the tuners, reboot and then once stable again try the IPTV stream again and post log.
Also are the bouquet services all servicetype 1, or are you using setup to change from say 4097 to 1??? .
On the HD51 you are using both a usb and network device for HDD, I can see a sandisk being mounted as usb on the V40 but is that also HDD??

maxben
01-08-22, 11:45
Well @twol, your hint about service type prompted me to check, all streams were set to type 1, changed to 4097 and the problem is resolved, I use echannelizer to make my lists so the type is easily changed.

Thanks alot for your help, one way or another you resolved the issue. The problem was right in front of me but I couldn't see it :)

twol
01-08-22, 14:09
Well @twol, your hint about service type prompted me to check, all streams were set to type 1, changed to 4097 and the problem is resolved, I use echannelizer to make my lists so the type is easily changed.

Thanks alot for your help, one way or another you resolved the issue. The problem was right in front of me but I couldn't see it :)

Glad that works, but think its a bypass of an issue.

So I assume you are not using Serviceapp?

If you have the time, now that you have changed to 4097, in menu/setup/recordings try changing to record 4097 as servicetype 1 and see what happens.

maxben
01-08-22, 16:38
Not using serviceapp on this box.

Changing to type 1 brings back the timer recording issue.

I also get very long convoluted recording names in the movie list when recording streams on this box and yet all settings match HD51.

20220801 1629 - SXXXXXXXXXE HD - MODERN FAMILY

twol
01-08-22, 18:16
Not using serviceapp on this box.

Changing to type 1 brings back the timer recording issue.

I also get very long convoluted recording names in the movie list when recording streams on this box and yet all settings match HD51.

20220801 1629 - SXXXXXXXXXE HD - MODERN FAMILY
I guess recording as 4097 you get .stream ending compared to servictype 1 as .ts
So last request, try disabling the tuners(re enabling them should bring back current settings), reboot and try recording as servicetype 1

maxben
01-08-22, 19:14
so service type set to convert 4097 to service type 1

tuners disabled

rebooted

And..... same problem !

maxben
01-08-22, 22:31
So it looks like I'm stuck with 4097 at least for now.

Is there any file I can at least edit and add .stream to known file extensions ?

Is there anyway I can edit the naming convention for 4097 ?

@twol, very grateful for your efforts to try and sort this problem.

Huevos
01-08-22, 23:07
Is there any file I can at least edit and add .stream to known file extensions ?Only if you build your own image because that is in the c++ code.