PDA

View Full Version : Motor problem

lfc84
17-07-22, 15:02
I've got vix image running on a solo2 and using a Stab hh motor.

If I select anything more westerly of 5W the dish will move from 19e (for example) and then reach 5w where it stops and then moves back towards the east.

I was using openvix 6.2.002 so I flashed a new image.

It worked perfectly for an hour. I could get everything I needed over to 30w and back east.

I took an image backup.

I was doing some channel zapping, perhaps impatiently and the problem had reoccurred. I notice that if I move to a sat and the channel remains encrypted the dish will automatically move to the previous channel on another sat.

I've set my location co-ords in the vix image and currently can go from 5w to various sats in the east.

I've turned off limits in the image.

I've installed a new image and setup from scratch. Still same problems.

I also restored my backup image and have the same problems.

My location means that 5w is due south, in case that matters

Huevos
18-07-22, 11:54
I can't reproduce this, and encryption is nothing to do with moving the dish.

deltec
18-07-22, 16:26
Have a look for a new motor mine went

lfc84
18-07-22, 16:32
It sounds like the motor needs to be replaced. Very strange that it worked for 30 minutes on the new image but then went faulty again.

Any recommendations for a new motor ?

Joe_90
18-07-22, 17:41
I had a similar issue with a Stab motor. I'm at 6W, so my motor zero position (due south) is there. I could receive 5W and all sats east, but it wouldn't move west of the zero position on the motor with a USALS command. I could drive it west manually, but disecq wouldn't work. I replaced it with a dark motor from the sponsor and have had no issues.

deltec
18-07-22, 18:44
Yes agree u need a new motor

lfc84
19-07-22, 21:04
Thanks for the replies