PDA

View Full Version : Startup Times

SteelHawk
13-07-22, 15:05
I'm moving away from Sky and promised I'd replace the recording function of the Sky Q box, WOS recommended the VU+ Uno 4K SE, I assume it goes into standby mode, how long does it take to go from standby to say viewing the epg? Is it seconds or minutes? I need to replicate switching the Sky box on and being able to select programmes within a short time. I understand there is also deep standby which is akin to switching off.

Willo3092
13-07-22, 16:38
Switching on from standby takes less than a couple of seconds. Probably just over a minute from deep standby.

adm
13-07-22, 17:49
I'm moving away from Sky and promised I'd replace the recording function of the Sky Q box, WOS recommended the VU+ Uno 4K SE, I assume it goes into standby mode, how long does it take to go from standby to say viewing the epg? Is it seconds or minutes? I need to replicate switching the Sky box on and being able to select programmes within a short time. I understand there is also deep standby which is akin to switching off.

Standby to fully on = seconds. Standby saves little power compared to being fully on.

Deep standby to fully on = approx 60 seconds. A box in deep standby consumes less than 0.5Watts.

The box can/will automatically wake from deep standby to perform a timer recording. The box can also record in standby

You can set power timers to switch your box into standby or deep standby at a certain time of day, or for example if you haven't touched your remote for a user configurable number of hours. A pending or current recording will override these power timer settings by delaying the action until the recording has finished. Power timers can also be used to wake up your box at a certain time.

By aware that Sky Q LNBs are not fully compatible. You will need a universal LNB or unicable LNB.

SteelHawk
13-07-22, 19:41
Thanks, a few seconds is perfect, I’d been reading boot times running into minutes, that was probably from cold. I’m going to swap the Sky Q LNB to Unicable as a couple of the TVs support it and put the VU+ in to do the recording and then look if I need to put some slave boxes to create multiroom although most of the TVs are smart and have streaming apps in addition to the satellite feed.

Huevos
14-07-22, 01:19
Boot time for a cutting edge box like the Uno 4k is not "minutes". Probably around 60 seconds depending what you have loaded.