PDA

View Full Version : Samba not starting on OpenVIX - 6.2.006

msuk
11-07-22, 21:03
Hello,

Just upgraded to OpenVIX - 6.2.006 and restored settings, but Samba wont start.

I have removed the Samba service and added it back, but it still wont start.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Huevos
12-07-22, 10:17
Probably using an old config file.

Current ones are here: https://github.com/oe-alliance/oe-alliance-core/tree/5.0/meta-oe/recipes-connectivity/samba/samba

msuk
13-07-22, 16:57
Hello,

Thanks for your response.

Do I simply copy "oe-alliance-core/meta-oe/recipes-connectivity/samba/samba/openvix/smb-branding.conf" to the /etc/samba/distro/ folder?

Thanks

msuk
13-07-22, 18:02
Hi,

Copied smb-branding.conf" to the /etc/samba/distro/ folder and Samba now starts.

Also copied users.map to /etc/samba/private

When trying to access from my Windows 11 PC the share is asking for user credentials, which I am providing, but wont show any files. Says Access Denied.

Thanks

cactikid
14-07-22, 00:33
Does pc need the password you setup on box to gain entry on it?

msuk
14-07-22, 13:06
Hello, Yes, the share needs the box credentials i.e. root/password to gain access to the hard drive.

adm
14-07-22, 14:19
Hello, Yes, the share needs the box credentials i.e. root/password to gain access to the hard drive.

Does you PC actually recognise your box and then just fail to display the contents of its hard disk?

I had problems recently with the PC saying wrong credentials for my box when trying to see it via SAMBA. I went to my box and entered a new password which was the same as the one I'd previously set up. My PC still refused to recognise my box UNTIL I had rebooted my box twice.

msuk
14-07-22, 16:40
Hello,

Does you PC actually recognise your box and then just fail to display the contents of its hard disk? - Yes and I have rebooted the box several times but same problem. The folders are shown in Windows, I enter root/password, explorer refreshes but no files are actually shown. Then credentials Window pops up again.

Thanks

msuk
14-07-22, 16:51
Hi again,

Powered the box off, waited 30secs and powered it back on. The share is now working.

Thanks

bellejt
07-02-24, 13:42
long ago :

compared the samba from duo2 with octagon and on octagon in smb-user.conf the following is missing :

[global]
# include = /etc/samba/distro/smb-secure.conf
disable netbios = No