PDA

View Full Version : Rewinding Live TV With VIX 2.0

frank
21-02-11, 00:55
I have added the updates to VIX 2.0, but when I rewind live TV and want to play it by pressing the 'play' button, it won't let me. I have to press 'pause' (while rewinding) and 'pause' again to play the paused live TV (time-shift).

Anyone else have the same problem?

punisher
21-02-11, 11:32
it was a bug which has been resolved in the new update, 20/02/2011 but i havent updated mine yet so not sure if it is working or not. make a backup of your current setup and then do an online software update and see if it works

dymebox
21-02-11, 17:12
Yes, I can confirm it now works after the update.

Though (and this may just be me) but I'd much prefer the record light to be out whilst having this feature turned on! Is there anyway to change this?

punisher
21-02-11, 17:14
Which record light? The blinking one on the infobar or on the front display?

frank
21-02-11, 18:09
When you rewind live TV, can you only rewind until when the current event started?

punisher
21-02-11, 18:16
if you have timeshift enabled, you should be able to rewing back to when you were on that channel. i have been able to get back as far as it lets me before it cuts off and that is well before the current show i was watching

frank
21-02-11, 18:19
if you have timeshift enabled, you should be able to rewing back to when you were on that channel. i have been able to get back as far as it lets me before it cuts off and that is well before the current show i was watching

In the 'Timeshift Settings' page, what does 'Permanent Timeshift Start Delay' do?

Wiggy
21-02-11, 18:45
In the 'Timeshift Settings' page, what does 'Permanent Timeshift Start Delay' do?

I may be wrong, but I understand that to be the delay before recording starts when you switch channels.
So if you are on BBC1, then switch to BBC 2, PTS recording will not start until 5 seconds has passed.

dymebox
21-02-11, 18:46
Which record light? The blinking one on the infobar or on the front display?

Record light on the front of the box.

punisher
21-02-11, 19:13
i dont think that can be removed. It was mentioned on the forum before if i remember rightly and was not possible to be removed

Rob van der Does
21-02-11, 19:24
For the box it's just a recording.