PDA

View Full Version : [RyVIX-Satemate UK] Rytec UK Sat/Virgin Quest HD issue

mitchelln
30-06-22, 22:29
Hi.

I've got Rytec UK Sat/Virgin UK/Ireland FreeSat selected as my source in EPG-Importer.
Today in the EPG for Quest HD and Quest channels it says "Quest HD is no longer available in Freeview", but this is not the case for FreeSat, which I'm using. If I select the channel the programme plays and I've also checked availability on the FreeSat website.

What am I doing wrong? I have to confess I'm finding the EPG setup all very confusing. Is there a better EPG source I should be using?

Thanks

mitchelln
30-06-22, 23:01
Okay, so I have switched to using CrossEPG with the OpenTV Sky UK Astra2 source. I cleared EPG cache and reloaded (as I was initially getting duplicates) and the Quest channels are now showing EPG info correctly.

I guess there's an error with the Rytec UK FreeSat XMLTV source incorrectly flagging the channels as unavailable.

abu baniaz
01-07-22, 07:37
I think he was fetching the data from a Terrestrial service website. He'll update it soon enough.

Huevos
01-07-22, 08:56
Okay, so I have switched to using CrossEPG with the OpenTV Sky UK Astra2 source. I cleared EPG cache and reloaded (as I was initially getting duplicates) and the Quest channels are now showing EPG info correctly.

I guess there's an error with the Rytec UK FreeSat XMLTV source incorrectly flagging the channels as unavailable.

Do you know OpenViX enigma2 has OpenTV download built in? You don't have to use Cross unless for some reason you prefer it. The data is identical.

mitchelln
01-07-22, 11:38
Do you know OpenViX enigma2 has OpenTV download built in? You don't have to use Cross unless for some reason you prefer it. The data is identical.

Purely down to me not being sure which is the best EPG to use! :D

mitchelln
01-07-22, 18:55
Hmm, the only problem with using the OpenTV source is that my radio bouquet is now not getting any EPG data. Is there a way to get the radio channel information only from another source?
Thanks.

Joe_90
01-07-22, 19:30
Hmm, the only problem with using the OpenTV source is that my radio bouquet is now not getting any EPG data. Is there a way to get the radio channel information only from another source?
Thanks.

If you turn on the Freesat reader in the EPG settings, you will get the radio EPG. However, you may also get unintended information clashes on some tv channels where OpenTV and Freesat may update the EPG info at different times. It's a pain that CrossEPG and the OpenTV readers don't seem to be able to retrieve radio schedule data.

abu baniaz
01-07-22, 21:43
I think he was fetching the data from a Terrestrial service website. He'll update it soon enough.

He has changed the grabbed data if you want to go back to Rytec.

abu baniaz
01-07-22, 21:45
If you turn on the Freesat reader in the EPG settings, you will get the radio EPG. However, you may also get unintended information clashes on some tv channels where OpenTV and Freesat may update the EPG info at different times. It's a pain that CrossEPG and the OpenTV readers don't seem to be able to retrieve radio schedule data.

Maybe we should ask @LraiZer to look into this.

mitchelln
02-07-22, 09:52
Okay, thanks. I'll go back to the Rytec source and check :)

littlejim
18-07-22, 18:49

I'm pretty certain we decided there is no radio EPG in the Sky OpenTV EPG last time I brought this up.

littlejim
18-07-22, 18:50

I'm pretty certain we decided there is no radio EPG in the Sky OpenTV EPG last time I brought this up.

Anyone got a real Sky box they can check with?

abu baniaz
19-07-22, 00:56
Oh yes, I remember now. Someone tested using their family member's one. I might be able to re-test in a few days. However, it is still on the stream.