PDA

View Full Version : [Zgemma H7] EPG Refresh plugin

littlejim
30-05-22, 13:29
Did EPG Refresh always only very intermittently do it's scheduled EPG Refresh?

I'm sure I used to find it did it at least almost every time if not every time.

Now it seems like it hardly ever works at all :(

(I'm using EPG Refresh so I can auto refresh both Sky OpenTV and Freeview).

Trial
30-05-22, 13:54
Hi,
EPGRefresh only uses EIT-EPG information. Do your channels provide EIT and not only now&next?

Ralf

Joe_90
30-05-22, 15:55
There seems to be some confusion about the operation of EPGRefresh. Its only function is to switch to a configured channel or channels and either do a "fake recording" or tune in a PiP invisibly. It is the built-in enigma EPG readers (either Freesat/Freeview schedule from EIT or Freesat home transponder) or OpenTV schedule from Sky home transponder that populate the EPG.

You can configure EPGRefresh to operate between set hours and spend a certain length of time tuned to a particular transponder. The EPG data is gathered in the background by the enigma readers. I think the default frequency of collection is 60 minutes.

I use EPGRefresh to tune to the Freesat home transponder between 17:30 and 18:15 each day for two minutes. The EPG reader gathers a full seven day schedule during that time.

ronand
30-05-22, 16:15
I use it myself for 28.2e and Saorview and it works a treat. You may need to extend the time it spends on a channel - I use 300 seconds.

abu baniaz
30-05-22, 19:09
EPG refresh does not have exact times to zap. It has time ranges. So best to ensure it is set to run when tuners are free.

littlejim
30-05-22, 20:11
Thank you for all the answers.

I currently give EPGRefresh a time range 07:37 to 10:27.
I have "Delay if not in standby" set to 3.

The way I tell whether EPG Refresh has run is by whether, when I bring my box out of standby, I see queued up notifications saying "EPG Refresh started" followed by another saying "EPG Refresh finished".

I'm not sure what "skip protected services" is for. Could it be important?

Trial
31-05-22, 08:39
Hi,
skip protected means do not switch to scambled channels. If you set it up as fake recording you can watch what happen in the channel list as the channel which is scanned for EPG is drawn in red in the channel list when you open it. I configured several of my bouquets to be used by EPG-Refresh.

Ralf

littlejim
01-06-22, 23:03
Hi,
skip protected means do not switch to scambled channels. If you set it up as fake recording you can watch what happen in the channel list as the channel which is scanned for EPG is drawn in red in the channel list when you open it. I configured several of my bouquets to be used by EPG-Refresh.

Ralf

Any idea why it's "background only" or "foreground also" rather than the more obvious "yes" or "no".

Trial
02-06-22, 07:59
Hi,
if you have more than 1 tuner EPG refresh can start invisible in the background. I always you fake recording (i tink that is the name).

Ralf

Joe_90
02-06-22, 13:13
I use "fake recording" also. I stopped using the PiP option on my GB Quad+ because, if I used a menu function which also used PiP (like EPG or channel list) while EPGRefresh was running, then I was left with a blank PiP rectangle on-screen when I exited the menu. This PiP would clear once EPGRefresh was finished.

littlejim
02-06-22, 20:00
Hi,
if you have more than 1 tuner EPG refresh can start invisible in the background.Ralf

I guess that explains what foreground and background are but what's that got to do with whether to skip a channel?
In fact why would you ever want to skip channels?

littlejim
02-06-22, 20:03
I always you fake recording (i tink that is the name).

I was always using "fake recording" but I tried "PiP (hidden)" last night and it seemed to work.
But it always did work sometimes, so I don't know.

Joe_90
02-06-22, 20:27
I was always using "fake recording" but I tried "PiP (hidden)" last night and it seemed to work.
But it always did work sometimes, so I don't know.

PiP will work ok, but I found that if I did anything with a menu that used a PiP also while EPGRefresh was running I was left with a blank rectangle on screen until EPGR... was finished.

littlejim
06-06-22, 15:24
I don't know why (probably something stupid I'd done before) but I put EPG Refresh back to "Fake Recording" and it's worked fine 3 days in a row. :)

abu baniaz
06-06-22, 21:53
There is a reason why Fake recording was preferred in the guide for EPG refresh.

Huevos
06-06-22, 22:14
Which is?

abu baniaz
06-06-22, 22:20
Which is?
Why most people giving constructive and helpful advice in this thread said the same thing.

littlejim
07-06-22, 00:44
There is a reason why Fake recording was preferred in the guide for EPG refresh.
Yes, and I was always using "fake recording" until these strange problems appeared.
But hopefully it's all working right again now.

Joe_90
14-03-23, 13:32
I turned on debug mode and set Kodi to update the EPG data every 15 mins and checked the log. I dont see anything in the log to indicate it is loading (or failing to) load EPG data. In Isengard i dont know if the PVR addon is supposed to trigger the load of the EPG data or if it is a core Koki function. If it is triggered by PVR addon perhaps the problem is with the Mediaportal PVR addon I am using? I not e that previous poster has same issue with a different PVR addon though...

This doesn't have anything to do with EPGRefresh, which is an enigma plugin to tune to the EPG channel. If you have a Kodi (or Kodi addon) problem, then you should start a new thread.

smipx
15-03-23, 18:16
I have mine set to wake from Deep Standby at 05:00am and then EPGrefresh (for the UK) I so iepg + BBC 1 HD Sat + BBC 1 HD Terrestrial + Sky news Sat + Channel 4 HD Sat. I works very well for me.

abu baniaz
15-03-23, 18:32
I have mine set to wake from Deep Standby at 05:00am and then EPGrefresh (for the UK) I so iepg + BBC 1 HD Sat + BBC 1 HD Terrestrial + Sky news Sat + Channel 4 HD Sat. I works very well for me.
You don't need the 3 extra satellite channels