PDA

View Full Version : Iplayer and other On Demand services

steve1978
24-05-10, 09:17
Hi folks

Does anyone know if it is possible to get BBC iplayer or 4OD on the VU plus, that would be a good plugin, yes?

Sicilian
24-05-10, 09:53
Yes that would be great, but unfortunately not seen anything for the Duo, is the a plugin for that does this for the Dreambox?

steve1978
24-05-10, 10:54
I hav not seen one. must be worth a mention in the usual ears though i think.

Bat
12-06-11, 11:37
Hi,
Dragging up this old thread as I can't seem to find any other reference to this. Has anyone got this up and running now?
Cheers,
Gavin :)

Larry-G
12-06-11, 12:00
Dream Multimedia ran a competition last year and one of the winning entries was a iplayer plugin for it's enigma 2 operating system. however this has not yet been incorporated into it's images and when it does, it will still remain their sole property which means it is unlikely you will see it on any other image or as a separate plugin, especially considering that DMM are now actively proceeding with law suits towards it's competitors.

Bat
12-06-11, 12:12
Hi,
Thanks for the reply. :)
It looks like currently there's no box that will do everything!
Cheers,

Larry-G
12-06-11, 12:15
Hi,
Thanks for the reply. :)
It looks like currently there's no box that will do everything!
Cheers,

i hope there never is to be honest, because the day that receiver is released it will effectively kill off the market and the inventive spirit that powers this hobby.

digidude
12-06-11, 12:35
Dream Multimedia ran a competition last year and one of the winning entries was a iplayer plugin for it's enigma 2 operating system. however this has not yet been incorporated into it's images and when it does, it will still remain their sole property which means it is unlikely you will see it on any other image or as a separate plugin, especially considering that DMM are now actively proceeding with law suits towards it's competitors.

the guy who wrote the iPlayer plugin, wrote it using open source python, so, just like the 'openembedded' source that actually runs enigma, DMM wouldnt be able to 'own' it as such. It also wouldnt be able to be called iPlayer, as thats also a trademark

Bat
12-06-11, 14:21
Hi,
Looks like we'll have to wait and see then....
I like the idea of the Samsung smart TV as it does everything I want.
I'm looking for a box to do the same for my 106" anamorphic set-up but I don't want to pay DM8000 prices :rolleyes:
Cheers,

Larry-G
12-06-11, 14:25
Hi,
Looks like we'll have to wait and see then....
I like the idea of the Samsung smart TV as it does everything I want.
I'm looking for a box to do the same for my 106" anamorphic set-up but I don't want to pay DM8000 prices :rolleyes:
Cheers,

the only real difference between a Vu+Duo / ET9000 and the DM8000 is that the DM8000 comes with 2 fixed and 2 removable tuners and the ability to have a DVD drive within the unit. oh yeah and almost twice the price to boot. seriously the Vu and ET have far more support than the DM8000 has ever had, also the soon to be released Vu+Ultimo that will have 3 tuners.

Bat
15-06-11, 11:22
Hi
I think 2 tuners will do me fine, I can always plug in a Freeview USB stick if it gets desperate!
I take it the internet browser on the VU+ will not support Iplayer and the other on demand services?
Cheers,

boxer29
15-06-11, 13:57
have u tried the internet browser on your duo ,what were the results if you can post for us
i also want to use the internet browser ,,

Bat
15-06-11, 15:33
Hi,
I've only just ordered my box. Hopefully I'll have it up and running the weekend so I can let you know then :)
Cheers,

boxer29
15-06-11, 16:25
its a very good box ,,you will be pleased ,,so keep up posted then
cheers