PDA

View Full Version : Amiko Viper 4k stuck on boot problem after openatv 6.2 ...

hatters1976
22-05-22, 16:16
What steps to follow to overcome this? I have tried many firmware and with 3 different usb sticks.
How can be install again multiboot v1.0 as i press the recovery button on the back but it is not working ...

Huevos
22-05-22, 16:30
Did you read the guide?

https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?62745-How-to-USB-flash-New-Multi-boot-recovery-menu-and-Image-to-Amiko-Viper-4K-New-procedure-21-04-2020&p=496457&viewfull=1#post496457

hatters1976
22-05-22, 17:37
I have read and done all i have tried with 3 different usb and partition format done with tool and tried various firmwares recovery and mmc nothing! Does not work the rear button. After open atv 6.2 stuck the boot and with the open atv photo in screen.

Ev0
22-05-22, 18:34
Not sure multiboot existed back in 2016 when atv 6.2 was released.

Try a current image.

Amiko UK
22-05-22, 20:05
I have read and done all i have tried with 3 different usb and partition format done with tool and tried various firmwares recovery and mmc nothing! Does not work the rear button. After open atv 6.2 stuck the boot and with the open atv photo in screen.

I seem to remember that if you are still on the older Recovery Menu version (which I think only had a choice of 3 images and no network option, unlike the latest which is 4 images and can directly download from Internet, flash from USB still in .zip file etc.) then it was all about the timing to get into the Recovery Menu... It's a slightly recessed recovery button on the Viper 4K, you need to be ready to press it in but not actually press it in before applying the power, so be ready to press with a cocktail stick or end of screwdriver or whatever you are using and power on the box with the on/off switch on the back BUT wait until you first see 'boot' on the front screen and NOW press in and HOLD in the recovery button (again, not before you have seen it say boot on the front display) and now keep it pressed in until you see it say 'Updt' on the front display, when you see this and not before you can let go of the recovery button and wait a few seconds, after a while the Recovery Menu will be displayed on screen and you can go from there...

hatters1976
22-05-22, 22:30
Many thanks for this response finally after days i managed to install some firmware and eventually i have succeed to again install mutliboot that makes simple the update with just pressing the menu button. I have currently put the latest openvix. In that image i can install supcam? I see that needs only openpli?